Queen's Park v East Fife

Are you ok with a little walk?

If so I'd say get a train into Central/Queen Street station then a subway into St George's Cross. The ground is about a mile from there. The subway is only a couple of pound return. 

You might be able to get a bus but the city centre has been chaos with road closures.

We're going by train and subway, saving the planet as usual. 

Is there still a pub called Granny Black's nearby? There was also a pub that looked like it had somehow avoided a wholesale demolition round about it (going back 20 years or so). 

Interesting selection questions for QP on Saturday, especially with Simon Murray out and the team leaking goals at an alarming rate. Worth giving the young Liverpool lad a start? Remembering the first game, EF ran through us too easily until we sorted it out and stood back a bit.

Hopefully it's a win and we keep on top. The fight last week when the game looked lost was really encouraging but we do have to be taking our chances. Cue Bob "goals" McHugh!

No disrespect to East Fife (joking, f**k them) this is a game we should be looking to win by a couple of goals. Yes, our defence has been very poor the last 2 games but for me this is a game where we should be so much on the front foot that the defence won’t be tested that much. Scoring goals definitely hasn’t been a problem recently and with McHugh and Longridge on fire we should be looking at 3 points.

As for selection, I would like Gillespie in from the start in place of Thomson. I just don’t see a player in Thomson and his laziness in tracking back has cost us a few goals.

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Star and Garter and the Woodside Inn are a few minutes away. If you're walking from the subway up Maryhill Road, you'll pass the Woodside.  The pub nearest the ground, Munn's Vaults, is as earthy as you could wish for.

Finally plucked up the courage to try Munn’s at the last game. The beer was spot on and despite no scarves we got offered two free pies as we were “going to the match”. Maybe next time I’ll get really gallus and go to the toilet. Cash only at the bar. Duelling Banjos on loop.

Woodside’s nice but had a problem with draught beer supply. 

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Muir

Doyle  Morrison  Fox  Robson

Brown  Gillespie

Moore  Connell  Longridge

McHugh

Take no prisoners!

Is that the best you can come up with? 

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Finally plucked up the courage to try Munn’s at the last game. The beer was spot on and despite no scarves we got offered two free pies as we were “going to the match”. Maybe next time I’ll get really gallus and go to the toilet. Cash only at the bar. Duelling Banjos on loop.

Woodside’s nice but had a problem with draught beer supply. 

I think the last time I was in a pub after a Firhill game I bumped into Vic Kasule. 

Now that wasn't yesterday. 

Possibly April 2001? 

Cosmic Joe,

That was a good night. The Albion Rovers legend Vic was in good form. Great stories including conformation about the Haggis Supper incident where he and "Studs" Pitman (almost Fife legend) paid the taxi fare from Shrewsbury to across the border.  After a night on the lash they had a hankering for haggis. 

Thanks for the memory

Have a good trip and make sure you don't loose anything!

No ifs or buts for this game, we quite simply need to get the 3 points and anything less should be seen as a massive disappointment.

We’ve found our goal scoring touch now and there’s food for thought with Murray being suspended as to who’ll replace him. Personally I think this could be the opportunity for Longstaff to go up top with McHugh and show what he’s capable of. Realistically if he doesn’t get his opportunity now when attacking options are so bare then when is he ever going to start ? 

Defensively questions need to be asked.  Delighted to see Morrison back and looking sharp but massive question marks over Kilday’s alarmingly bad performances. Been a few occasions where Fox has been randomly placed on the bench and would hope to see him restored tomorrow as he’d easily be in the top 3 performers for us so far this season. 

Muir 

Doyle          Morrison        Fox          Robson 

Gillespie

Brown              Connell 

Longstaff       McHugh    Longridge 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

No ifs or buts for this game, we quite simply need to get the 3 points and anything less should be seen as a massive disappointment.

We’ve found our goal scoring touch now and there’s food for thought with Murray being suspended as to who’ll replace him. Personally I think this could be the opportunity for Longstaff to go up top with McHugh and show what he’s capable of. Realistically if he doesn’t get his opportunity now when attacking options are so bare then when is he ever going to start ? 

Defensively questions need to be asked.  Delighted to see Morrison back and looking sharp but massive question marks over Kilday’s alarmingly bad performances. Been a few occasions where Fox has been randomly placed on the bench and would hope to see him restored tomorrow as he’d easily be in the top 3 performers for us so far this season. 

Muir 

Doyle          Morrison        Fox          Robson 

Gillespie

Brown              Connell 

Longstaff       McHugh    Longridge 

Like the look of that lineup. I thought Longstaff looked excellent in the second half against Dumbarton when we were in control of the game, which is how tomorrow really should play out.