Hauf a board FFC V Alloa

Having just compared the Falkirk highlights, they cut out our chances and replay shots that are way wide to fit in their commentary - if you're not paying attention looks like they had double the chances.

When we get to the penalty they say "3rd handball shout in this game for Falkirk" when the other two cannon off people's chests. Alloa never claimed but they might've had a penalty off Hetherington's handball.

I wonder if that's a contributing factor to Falkirk fans rage - the propaganda wing has built them into some Ubermensch, it must be galling to see reality.

Edited by LeodhasXD

52 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Having just compared the Falkirk highlights, they cut out our chances and replay shots that are way wide to fit in their commentary - if you're not paying attention looks like they had double the chances.

When we get to the penalty they say "3rd handball shout in this game for Falkirk" when the other two cannon off people's chests. Alloa never claimed but they might've had a penalty off Hetherington's handball.

I wonder if that's a contributing factor to Falkirk fans rage - the propaganda wing has built them into some Ubermensch, it must be galling to see reality.

Why would you ever spend your time comparing highlight packages? 

56 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I did see they were a bit one sided , if you listen you can just hear them say that senas frustrations when hetherington clearly pulled him down round his shins was because he missed the earlier chance 🤣🤣

You have to remember Falkirk are the North Korea of Scottish Football.
The board are a bunch of alleged corrupt individuals, who continue to follow failed policies. You have to ask about how many players have mysteriously disappeared in past three years, rumours that they are regularly shoot in back car park or punishment beatings. No concern over the fans views.

giphy.gif

Ruth proving yet again he is fucking shite and offers zero. Just a crap striker. Brilliant to see Morrison and Williamson come on, that was an unexpected but welcome surprise. That's only positive from yesterday. If we had a decent centre half, a fit Morrison and Williamson and give keena a chance to be the man up top I don't think we would look as shite as we are. I cannot stand Ruth, an absolute wimp. 

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why would you ever spend your time comparing highlight packages? 

Professional interest. Mainly because I wondered how Falkirk had managed to drag 9 minutes 47 seconds of highlights from that game.  I though I was doing well to get 7.

8 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Professional interest. Mainly because I wondered how Falkirk had managed to drag 9 minutes 47 seconds of highlights from that game.  I though I was doing well to get 7.

Falkirk TV is a bit like the Falkirk Herald.  It's a club mouthpiece that Pravdas its way around horrific performance and results. 

In some ways I admire their indefatigability - takes some kind of fortitude to keep bringing a duster every week to polish a shite.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I know a couple in real life and they are absolutely sound.

But the PnB Indodrill massive are somewhat suboptimal. 

It's like the Stenny lot. 30 fans at the game, 50 on PnB giving it large. 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Whilst Falkirk TV isn't the best, this post is absolutely tragic 

42 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The full highlights of the minutes silence probably helped there. The midnight highlights package as you will know fine well is usually flung together quickly on a Saturday night by volunteers that probably have far better things to do with their time. They are going to be biased towards Falkirk chances etc because that's the vast majority of their viewers.  Most people will have been at the game and will know the way the game played out in reality.  Two poor teams managed by two poor managers that will possibly find themselves in the playoffs if they are lucky unless changes are made well before then.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Ruth proving yet again he is fucking shite and offers zero. Just a crap striker. Brilliant to see Morrison and Williamson come on, that was an unexpected but welcome surprise. That's only positive from yesterday. If we had a decent centre half, a fit Morrison and Williamson and give keena a chance to be the man up top I don't think we would look as shite as we are. I cannot stand Ruth, an absolute wimp. 

All of this.

I don’t know if I’m being extra critical of Ruth because I rate Keena, though can totally accept we need better than both if we want to get anywhere, but Ruth is absolutely stinking. Every week he makes it so easy for defenders he’s not got a first touch, very poor movement off the ball and he’s just looking for any touch to launch himself to the ground. I get he’s young and will improve but we’ve no time for that just now and he’s nowhere close to being good enough for League 1.

It was a better game than several are making out IMO. First half a bit boring, down mainly to our (Alloa's) inability or unwillingness to take the game to Falkirk, but second half was decent and competitive. Not great, but reasonable overall, especially with the frantic finish.

Dropping wee Kev was a strange one. I can see why Barry F wanted Sena in midfield as he brings quite a bit, but we lost more; we had three big defensive players in the centre and that was always going to make it harder to hang onto the ball. Sena played well second half though.

Henderson seemed to work harder than he sometimes does, maybe Ferguson having an impact on him, and looked dangerous. Five goals in three games is clearly an excellent run - no other Alloa player has scored in between his five.

Good point and good to keep the unbeaten run going. Another toughie at home to Montrose next week, but we seem to prefer playing the better sides.

Edited by printer