Hauf a board FFC V Alloa

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

With both in the Championship the average wage was about double ours and they had a larger squad.

I'd imagine now that it's reduced but it won't be far off that.

Falkirk are on their 3rd League One season since then and will be on a reduced budget. Our budget has increased since last season. I don't think the difference will be anywhere near as significant as it was. 

Edited by Waspie

10 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Thought our performance was pretty gash today to be honest, although we were solid enough defensively. 

Sat too deep from the get go and let the Falkirk centre halves have as much time as the wanted with zero press - that would be fine if we were then packing out our own half but the Falkirk front men still managed to find space to take a pass. 

The penalty incident happened so quickly that it was difficult to tell if it should have been given, but initial thought was it was a pen. The issue I had was what certainly looked a pretty clear foul on Sena right before it. 

Unfortunate that we played as poorly today as Falkirk didn’t really seem to create anything, I can’t really remember Hutton having a save to make?

Just too many off-days from us today: Howie, Boyd, Henderson and Sena were all well below par today. Sena’s day was pretty much summed up with the chance he should have buried at 0-0 - he seemed to take an absolute age to shoot. 

Final point I will make is on BF’s decision to drop Cawley today. Absolutely ludicrous decision for this game. 

Crazy after his performance last week. BF won't rest till he has 11 of his own on the park. FFS he even celebrated the goal and showed emotion. Probably cos he was getting it tight from the Falkirk fans though, he wouldn't fight them, Boab would do that bit!🤣

I thought we deserved a point. 2 pretty poor teams happy to pass the ball about with no penetration. Clear penalty but great spirit again to go right up the park and score. BF lives on.

14 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was right in front of me and was a clear hand ball. Think the Alloa players were raging because they didnt look like conceding prior to that, rather than for the award itself. The ref was absolutely howling all game though 

They were raging because hetherington clearly pulled sena down in the middle of the park just before the penalty was given, im not disputing it was a penalty however 

As much as I said a point would be a good result before the game, and it still is, that feels like a missed opportunity. Never really got going and played into Falkirk's shaky centre half's hands by giving them as much time as they wanted on the ball. First half we never got going at all and it was pretty much one way traffic, despite probably having the best chance of the half when Henderson broke through. Second half was a bit better and although it looked a penalty, was a blatant foul 20 seconds earlier in the middle of the park. But fair play to the players, they are clearly playing for the manager as it would've been easy to chuck it in the last few games, great scenes at the equaliser.

Can only hope Barry will learn to start cawley and not to sit in, defenders at this level are rotten when pressed, pointless sitting off them. 

Points a fair result i would say although falkirk might feel aggrieved on the amount of possession they had.

Thought gilmour, sena and howie were poor today especially sena, and couldn't believe scougall made way for cawley as we were screaming out for creativity In the middle  as they're was not enough composure on the ball and 2nd to every ball, its a good job our defence was pretty solid throughout, 

Alloa clearly created the better chances in the game so a draws about fair id say and Henderson strikes again although it was a bit of a sclaf. 

I actually thought we dominated the game without creating much at all- first 25 minutes we looked really good.

Ultimately though we don’t have a decent striker at the club and the defence always has a chance of conceding. 

Personally I’d much rather play Lemon than Hall or McKay- he at least has potential whereas we know the other two aren’t good enough and never will be.

We’re very lucky Morrison is back sooner than expected as McDaid has been a huge disappointment and McGuffie does very little either.

The only involvement I can remember Keena having is somehow managing to make a shot end up in an Alloa throw-in.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Falkirk are on their 3rd League One season since then and will be on a reduced budget. Our budget has increased since last season. I don't think the difference will be anywhere near as significant as it was. 

Why do you automatically think that because it's our 3rd season down we must have a smaller budget every season?Our budget is higher than last season 

55 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I actually thought we dominated the game without creating much at all- first 25 minutes we looked really good.

Ultimately though we don’t have a decent striker at the club and the defence always has a chance of conceding. 

Personally I’d much rather play Lemon than Hall or McKay- he at least has potential whereas we know the other two aren’t good enough and never will be.

We’re very lucky Morrison is back sooner than expected as McDaid has been a huge disappointment and McGuffie does very little either.

The only involvement I can remember Keena having is somehow managing to make a shot end up in an Alloa throw-in.

Fannying about in midfield is not dominating a game.

No threat whatsoever until the latter stages.

5 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Ooft this ground is empty today.

Lowest league crowd since the Ochilvoiew season is on the cards

Pretty decent considering we lost our last home game 3-0 and have won 3 out of 7 games this season at TFS.

Makes Colborn and Deans' decision to attack the fans at the Q&A all the more laughable really. 

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why do you automatically think that because it's our 3rd season down we must have a smaller budget every season?Our budget is higher than last season 

The point was in comparison to your last Championship season. Falkirk must have spent a fortune that season in assembling effectively two teams and both of them absolutely shite. 

The point was in comparison to your last Championship season. Falkirk must have spent a fortune that season in assembling effectively two teams and both of them absolutely shite. 

To be fair for the past 4/5 seasons we have assembled teams that have been shite, we seem to be getting very good at it. Now we even have a DoF who appears to be taking things to a new level.