Hauf a board FFC V Alloa

3 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

If lodge Falkirk had won that today is daylight robbery. The penalty decision was very poor on my humble view.

Just love Falkirk fans coming out with if sheerin cant set his team up to win against a bunch of part time teams he has to go. Deluded

Deluded in what way? We have a full time team with a budget far in excess of Alloa. 

Unfortunately we have wasted it on shite and have a manager who should be putting cones out for someone else.

7 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

If lodge Falkirk had won that today is daylight robbery. The penalty decision was very poor on my humble view.

Just love Falkirk fans coming out with if sheerin cant set his team up to win against a bunch of part time teams he has to go. Deluded

Two shite teams today. 

The difference is our team shouldn’t be....

Deluded in what way? We have a full time team with a budget far in excess of Alloa. 
Unfortunately we have wasted it on shite and have a manager who should be putting cones out for someone else.

Your a league one side paying low wages. Players can make more working and playing part time.

2 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Your a league one side paying low wages. Players can make more working and playing part time.

We're paying wages that are on a par with clubs certainly in the bottom half of the championship.  You are right though time we looked at signing part time players to make up the squad . Gives you far more scope.

7 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I doubt the gap is too significant, looking through that Alloa squad and the number of players Ferguson has signed we have clearly spent a lot of money, and the gap between best part-time wages and low full-time won't be much anyway. I'd suggest neither manager has made the most of their resources. I think we possibly have a better squad to be honest, if utilised correctly. 

That penalty decision was almost as bad as the one against us last week btw. Never a pen.

Eh? It was a clear hand ball.[emoji2371]

We are utterly incapable of keeping a clean sheet, and we don’t score many goals or look like scoring many goals, despite the constant softball questions to Sheerin about “oh if we only took as many chances as we create we’d score a bucket full”. A bad combination. Mid table at best for us this season. 

Thought our performance was pretty gash today to be honest, although we were solid enough defensively. 

Sat too deep from the get go and let the Falkirk centre halves have as much time as the wanted with zero press - that would be fine if we were then packing out our own half but the Falkirk front men still managed to find space to take a pass. 

The penalty incident happened so quickly that it was difficult to tell if it should have been given, but initial thought was it was a pen. The issue I had was what certainly looked a pretty clear foul on Sena right before it. 

Unfortunate that we played as poorly today as Falkirk didn’t really seem to create anything, I can’t really remember Hutton having a save to make?

Just too many off-days from us today: Howie, Boyd, Henderson and Sena were all well below par today. Sena’s day was pretty much summed up with the chance he should have buried at 0-0 - he seemed to take an absolute age to shoot. 

Final point I will make is on BF’s decision to drop Cawley today. Absolutely ludicrous decision for this game. 

Edited by Kevchenko

I actually think we were better today than we have been the past few months which isn't really saying much tbh.

The team that finished the game is just about our best 11 and i thought before the penalty (clear handball but the type that you don't need to give) we were starting to create a bit more but first half we created nothing at all.

Conceding like that though ffs, awful. I honestly could believe Ben Hall is doing some performance art where he's doing this on purpose. 

we again did not play so well , too many wee silly mistakes , cawley deffo should be starting, wise up barry !

falkirk with all the possession but we had more clear cut chances , would have been very unfair on us to have lost, 

We're paying wages that are on a par with clubs certainly in the bottom half of the championship.  You are right though time we looked at signing part time players to make up the squad . Gives you far more scope.

I’ve said this for a while we should start looking at the top end of the part time market instead of continually fishing in the dregs of the full time pool. At least until we get back up and then we can maybe think about going completely full time. There are better part time players than the dross we sign, just because they are full time doesn’t necessarily mean better.

19 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I doubt the gap is too significant, looking through that Alloa squad and the number of players Ferguson has signed we have clearly spent a lot of money, and the gap between best part-time wages and low full-time won't be much anyway. I'd suggest neither manager has made the most of their resources. I think we possibly have a better squad to be honest, if utilised correctly. 

With both in the Championship the average wage was about double ours and they had a larger squad.

I'd imagine now that it's reduced but it won't be far off that.

Until Morrison & Keena came on, we created the square root of f.a.  Until then it was sideways passing at snails pace, as usual.  The only time the ball went forwards was to someone with their back to goal and an Alloa player at his back. Its utterly embarrassing amateur nonsense from Sheerin. 

And that nonsense at the end just sums us up. Other than the unexpected welcome return of Morrison, the only other incident of note was Nesbitt going absolutely mental at Hetherington for fecking up - again - in the run up to the alloa stramash & shot off the line.