Ignore users

velo army

Question

18 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, velo army said:

I've tried to ignore a particular user but their posts still keep coming up. What more should I be doing?

When you select a user to ignore you need to tick the wee boxes to hide their posts/messages/signature etc. I'd make sure they're all ticked. 

On 23/03/2022 at 16:55, RawB93 said:

Why is there no option to ignore moderators?

Imagine how you could abuse that power. Sending a constant stream of PMs that you know they can't ignore.

Not that any of our glorious mod team would do such a thing, God bless their glorious hides, please don't ban me xxx.

57 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Is there a way in which you can have another user unable to read your posts? Eg, put you on someone else's ignore list? 

No, but I remember thinking years ago that it might be a nice idea.

In practice, you'd probably just end up with people using it for trolling purposes, talking shit about other folk who couldn't see it, and it'd be even more of an arseache for mods.

29 minutes ago, BFTD said:

No, but I remember thinking years ago that it might be a nice idea.

In practice, you'd probably just end up with people using it for trolling purposes, talking shit about other folk who couldn't see it, and it'd be even more of an arseache for mods.

Cheers.

I have asked the user in question to put me on their ignore list but have no clue if he will.

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Cheers.

I have asked the user in question to put me on their ignore list but have no clue if he will.

I've just seen some discussion about who that might be and why, and considering their username is a mocking reference to a special needs school, I'm guessing that negative attention from strangers on the internet will be more important than anything else.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I've just seen some discussion about who that might be and why, and considering their username is a mocking reference to a special needs school, I'm guessing that negative attention from strangers on the internet will be more important than anything else.

The issue for me is that the depression thread is something of a safe space. Many posters go there and it helps. It offers support. 

I put something in there a few days ago, and it was used in another thread to take a dig at me. It is no longer a safe space, at least for me. This might sound petty but others use that thread from some extremely dark places - rotten to think that what they say can be used like this against them in future. 

He has apologised and that's fine. But I will not use that thread again, whilst it is possible for him to see my posts. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

The issue for me is that the depression thread is something of a safe space. Many posters go there and it helps. It offers support. 

I put something in there a few days ago, and it was used in another thread to take a dig at me. It is no longer a safe space, at least for me. This might sound petty but others use that thread from some extremely dark places - rotten to think that what they say can be used like this against them in future. 

He has apologised and that's fine. But I will not use that thread again, whilst it is possible for him to see my posts. 

I'd no idea that was what it was about. The desperate attention-seeking from that particular poster is pretty disgusting, so it's not a surprise.

I like the idea of the depression thread, but there's a reason you never see me on there.

On 07/12/2022 at 17:12, scottsdad said:

Another retired dickhead and culture warrior did similar a while ago and got binned for a long time.