Players you never quite got the hype around

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

For Aberdeen, a controversial one but I'll go with Adam Rooney. Scored a heap of goals but if he wasn't scoring he was contributing nothing. We looked a better team with Goodwillie playing up top with Hayes and McGinn but he didn't get anywhere near the same amount of goals.

What's better about scoring fewer goals? It's literally the point of a striker. Absolute madness. 

John Souttar is definitely one, although given how injured he is all the time I possibly don’t see him play enough but I’ve seen him make absolutely tonnes of howlers defensively.

I never really thought Nacho Novo was that good when I was younger, would get goals, absolutely, but in terms of his talent or technical ability I really didn’t rate him.

Agree with the Zander Clark shouts, don’t think I’ve been impressed by him once and his numbers are appalling.

Niche one but at my own club, Jason Naismith and Adam Jackson from a couple of seasons ago, both were absolutely woeful but most of the supporters seemed to rate them, truly horrendous football players.

I’ve done Hearts, Hibs and Rangers so may aswell through a Celtic one in there; Mikael Lustig, always felt he was Celtic’s weak link defensively during the Rodgers era.

Always thought Barry Ferguson looked absolutely class when he broke through before becoming an accomplished ball retainer who slowly lost more and more of his attacking spark. He got 16 league goals in 02/03 and never got close to that ever again.

Aidan McGeady was another who seemed to have great talent but made the wrong decision in games too often and would rely on one of bits of skill to get results, why he's plodded on for Sunderland for so long. 

Always thought Sam Cosgrove was just a big lump who was good in the air and has been found out since he moved since moving down South.

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

If you have nothing nice to say sometimes it’s just best to be quite.

I should always read the full thread before posting. Always.

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

i'm sure we all noticed the spelling mistake, i certainly did but i knew what was meant, why did you think it was important to mention it ? are you a primary school teacher and you did it out of habit or are you just a pedantic twat ?

I would like to point out your missing a capital letter at the start of the sentence.

And no, I am not a primary school teacher. I am, however, a pedantic twat.

John McGinn pre-2019 for me. Always anonymous against Aberdeen and got bossed by Shinnie and McLean. Hibs fans even said at the time that McGeouch was more effective in midfield. Thought Tom English was right in saying he wouldn’t have got in Celtic’s starting midfield.

Maybe I didn’t see his best bits at Hibs but he certainly seems to have improvised significantly both internationally and for his club side. I always thought McLean was a better technical footballer but McGinn’s athleticism is ideally suited to the EPL.

13 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I should always read the full thread before posting. Always.

I would like to point out your missing a capital letter at the start of the sentence.

And no, I am not a primary school teacher. I am, however, a pedantic twat.

i used all lower case letters because i posted it early in the morning, and some people were still asleep. i just assumed if all CAPS is shouting, all lower case must be whispering.