Players you never quite got the hype around

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

For me right now, it's Zander Clark, to me he's just an average Premiership keeper. I'd hardly have him above Liam Kelly and even then whenever I've seen him.

In my view there is nothing contradictory in thinking both that Clark is Scotland's 3rd best keeper and that that's a damning indictment of Scotland's keeper capacity, which I do.

Clark is an excellent reflex shot stopper but lets in a fair few goals you really think should be saved

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It's clearly something Motherwell fans didn't see too often cos Joe Lewis seems to gift us a goal 2 or 3 times a season, Joe Lewis always was a good goalie but to ay he was the best in the league at any point is stuff of fantasy.

They said one of the best and back in 16/17 he absolutely was. 

Andy Robertson. Perhaps the same cognitive bias that affects Motherwell fans in regards Joe Lewis, but he didn't ever seem to do anything productive against Aberdeen in his time at Utd. Also, perhaps because he's generally pretty average for Scotland, and I haven't watch an English club game in about a decade, I still generally feel that way.

Also can't see the hype over Billy Gilmour as well, albeit the lad is very young.

Barry Ferguson - I agree with @Flybhoy's eloquently worded point. Absolute pish for Scotland as well. Derek was a much better player. 

Paul McStay - The definition of an Old Firm seal clubber who never had the baws to test himself at a higher level. You could argue that at least backwards Barry tried english football.

Eoin Jess - Very promising start to his career, huge potential, ended up playing for fucking Coventry. 

Ian Durrant - Rangers fans who genuinely believe he'd have been one of the best midfielders in europe had Simmy not crunched him one are delusional simpletons. He was a thick ned who would have drunk and kebabed his way irrelevance soon enough anyway.

Edited by Day of the Lords

26 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Eoin Jess - Very promising start to his career, huge potential, ended up playing for fucking Coventry.

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

27 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Ian Durrant - Rangers fans who genuinely believe he'd have been one of the best midfielders in europe had Simmy not crunched him one are delusional simpletons. He was a thick ned who would have drunk and kebabed his way irrelevance soon enough anyway.

Steve Harvey Familyfeud GIF by ABC Network

I feel like whether or not someone rated Barry Ferguson is a real acid test for me in terms of whether to take their opinions seriously or not. Once you start all the backpass or crab patter I start to zone you out a bit. He'd have made it to a much higher level if he was playing now, in an era where metronomic midfielders like him are more appreciated.

Barry Ferguson was a very good player.

I’ll preface this by saying I haven’t watched him this season, and I understand that he’s supposed to be better now, but I’ve never got the hype about John Souttar. Always seemed to be quite bad at defending but people overlooked it because he could occasionally pick a pass. Maybe he really has changed, but I will say I haven’t been remotely bothered to not see him in the Scotland squad.

8 hours ago, G51 said:

Henrik Larsson, useless c**t was shite at penalties.

Don’t think it’s outrageous to say that John Lundstram is probably the best Swede to ever play in Scotland.

He's not even in the top three Swedes that have played for you fuckers.

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I feel like whether or not someone rated Barry Ferguson is a real acid test for me in terms of whether to take their opinions seriously or not. Once you start all the backpass or crab patter I start to zone you out a bit. He'd have made it to a much higher level if he was playing now, in an era where metronomic midfielders like him are more appreciated.

very good player and more professional than his more naturally talented brother.

i know of rangers fans who think Barry from 1998 until he left rangers, was an equal of Scholes, Keane, Gerrard and Lampard, imo that's beyond delusional

Edited by Meldrew

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Seriously, is everyone just ok with the title of this thread?

i'm sure we all noticed the spelling mistake, i certainly did but i knew what was meant, why did you think it was important to mention it ? are you a primary school teacher and you did it out of habit or are you just a pedantic twat ?