Ayr v. Inverness. The formality before 3 points head to the highlands

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

£18 well spent?

I won't miss it but I'm left nonplussed as to why a ICT team that was absolutely strolling it conspired to throw away two points and could've lost all three in an and to end last ten minutes  

I won't miss it but I'm left nonplussed as to why a ICT team that was absolutely strolling it conspired to throw away two points and could've lost all three in an and to end last ten minutes  

It was a weird performance. I was expecting a lot more from the front 4 but Gardyne was the only one who looked dangerous. Welsh and Allardice are a good partnership in midfield as well.

But we managed to get a break of the ball a few teams and in truth could’ve won the game. We did struggle towards the end with the wind and didn’t get O’Connor involved as much as we should although it’s great to see him back and looking a bit dangerous. Afolabi was a different player in the 2nd half and caused all sorts of problems with his running and strength.

Apart from his goal I haven't seen anything to warrant Afolabi being at the club never mind starting. Last 20 mins we played with some zing and had a couple of good chances to score a third. The fact the team can fight back from being down a goal, and fight to the end, may be what saves us this season in spite of our glaring deficiencies.

23 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Apart from his goal I haven't seen anything to warrant Afolabi being at the club never mind starting. Last 20 mins we played with some zing and had a couple of good chances to score a third. The fact the team can fight back from being down a goal, and fight to the end, may be what saves us this season in spite of our glaring deficiencies.

Did you watch the second half? 

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
Did you watch the second half? 

Please tell me how my opinion is so so wrong.

Well if you watched the second half, and still think Afolabi’s only contribution has been his goal then you are mistaken... he was very effective in the second half and had two excellent moments in particular.

Thought the wind certainly had a huge influence on the game - it seemed like both teams played better playing into the wind.  Thought Chalmers was our best player overall, though I was pleased to see Afolabi showing up well again (mystified by the comment above about Afolabi if I’m honest).  We need to stop conceding such soft goals though - both were absolute howlers today, though I do think the swirling wind led to players misjudge the flight of the ball.  Biggest entertainment was arguably Gardyne losing the plot towards the end after a bit of slagging from the NT.  

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Biggest entertainment was arguably Gardyne losing the plot towards the end after a bit of slagging from the NT.  

Headed straight up to the changing room right on FT and pointed to the name on his back after a wee bit of chat from the terracing. Classy.

1 minute ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Headed straight up to the changing room right on FT and pointed to the name on his back after a wee bit of chat from the terracing. Classy.

Guy is a total rocket. He really thinks he is something, sadly he is just a slightly overweight Scottish second tier football player.

2 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I presume he has some trouble on the home front, as he seemed to get triggered by some comment about his “missus” which I didn’t fully catch.  After that he was just making a fool of himself.