Ayr v. Inverness. The formality before 3 points head to the highlands

Apart from his goal I haven't seen anything to warrant Afolabi being at the club never mind starting. Last 20 mins we played with some zing and had a couple of good chances to score a third. The fact the team can fight back from being down a goal, and fight to the end, may be what saves us this season in spite of our glaring deficiencies.

I’d have agreed with you at half time but he came out much improved and if anything it was Adeloye who looked as though he should be the one punted. He had a chance to make a run into the box to meet Maxwell or Readings cut back but instead just kinda sauntered about and the ball was cleared.

I’d have agreed with you at half time but he came out much improved and if anything it was Adeloye who looked as though he should be the one punted. He had a chance to make a run into the box to meet Maxwell or Readings cut back but instead just kinda sauntered about and the ball was cleared.
Thought both of them started to fall about far too easily second half. If there's something there with Afolabi then I certainly don't see it.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
10 minutes ago, D said:

Thought both of them started to fall about far too easily second half. If there's something there with Afolabi then I certainly don't see it.

Did you not think his bit of play for our second goal was excellent? 

Thought Afolabi was pretty decent second half too.
It might purely be from my cosy sedentary position, but I thought our worst player by some distance was McAllister.

Aye his distribution was piss poor and Gardyne was taking the pish out him in the first half. There’s is something there that I like about him but I’m not sure he’s a full back.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye his distribution was piss poor and Gardyne was taking the pish out him in the first half. There’s is something there that I like about him but I’m not sure he’s a full back.

Yeah, I’m not sure what McAllister is. He gets fired in about things, and is good in the air but he isn’t particularly good defensively in one v one situations and he isn’t effective offensively either. 

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
15 minutes ago, D said:

I'm not Afolabi or Chalmers biggest fan, however would have to admit that Chalmers was probably our best player today and Aflolabi had an excellent second half where he setup the second goal and generally just looked a much improved player who could certainly do a job for us.

I also thought Fjortoft and Baird were very good and on our second half performance we definitely deserved a point.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, I’m not sure what McAllister is. He gets fired in about things, and is good in the air but he isn’t particularly good defensively in one v one situations and he isn’t effective offensively either. 

He's a massive improvement on Houston though, how many goals have we lost from that side when Houston is playing?

As you say he’s quite good in the air so I wonder if he could play centre half. That was his natural position at St Mirren I’m sure. Although I can’t complain too much about Baird and Fjortoft as they have been decent. Baird in particular has massively improved in recent weeks.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As you say he’s quite good in the air so I wonder if he could play centre half. That was his natural position at St Mirren I’m sure. Although I can’t complain too much about Baird and Fjortoft as they have been decent. Baird in particular has massively improved in recent weeks.

I’m honestly not sure, I think the Dumbarton fans said he was most effective as a RB? I’m not really seeing that yet though. Yeah, there isn’t a great deal to complain about there. It would help us if one of them was better on the ball though. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Also just to add I thought Chalmers and Murdoch were really good today.

Agreed - Chalmers is just bizarre, he can be very good on the ball at times. 

Agreed - Chalmers is just bizarre, he can be very good on the ball at times. 

There’s times when he can barely trap the ball or play a pass and then there’s times when he’s so composed on the ball and can dictate the play around him.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s times when he can barely trap the ball or play a pass and then there’s times when he’s so composed on the ball and can dictate the play around him.

Sums up this league - absolutely no consistency whatsoever, with any team.

We are woeful when we don't have possession. Utterly woeful. I find it unforgiveable that players don't close down and just give the opposition time and space on the edge of our box. It's just asking for trouble. As evidenced by the last two weeks.