Ayr v. Inverness. The formality before 3 points head to the highlands

A b*****d of a flu (blaming kirkcaldy's finest pubs for this) means I will miss watching Inverness carry their inevitable 3 points back up to the Highlands.

Can only hope we try to play on the front foot from the start and don't sit off ICT. Two up top please and no long balls. O'Connor on the pitch and Salkeld in the stand.

Don't see that happening though. 3 down at HT, only for a spirited 2nd half performance to fall short at 2-3. 

Enjoy lads x

Edited by AuAl

@AuAl

Get well soon. If its the same thing I had it starts as a sore throat and is then a fucking b*****d. Floored me for a week, meant I took in a couple of games as streams. It wasn't covid but it was brutal. I'm just about over it 4 weeks later!

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@AuAl

Get well soon. If its the same thing I had it starts as a sore throat and is then a fucking b*****d. Floored me for a week, meant I took in a couple of games as streams. It wasn't covid but it was brutal. I'm just about over it 4 weeks later!

Aye seems like something similar, I've done a few covid tests and all negative. Been brutal though.

Watching an expensive stream of a performance like the first half at Raith sounds just as brutal to be honest.

I’m not sure if I’m becoming a fair weather fan, or I’m just fed up of the shit show that is Ayr United right now - but I can’t be fucked with today whatsoever. 

I’ll still go, but watching negative football in horrendous weather isn’t appealing at all. 

Ayr charging £18 for streaming, that's taking the fuckin piss and it's double what Rangers are charging for their game against County this weekend.

They must be trying to get money to upgrade that ramshackle of a stadium??? which belongs in the middle of last century with it's open terracing and the cowshed at one end and a stand which was built in 1933. Football has moved on since those days.

I won't be giving the £18.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

Ayr charging £18 for streaming, that's taking the piss and it's double what Rangers are charging for their game against County this weekend.

They must be trying to get money to upgrade that ramshackle of a stadium??? which belongs in the middle of last century with it's open terracing and the cowshed at one end and a stand which was built in 1933. Football has moved on since those days.

Worth it for this reaction. 

Ayr charging £18 for streaming, that's taking the fuckin piss and it's double what Rangers are charging for their game against County this weekend.
Away and stream Rangers then.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

B3DF6E0D-CA8C-44E0-BA05-7307B14A2A26.gif

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Without doubt Somerset is falling down as we keep reminding our less fortunate county cousins, but at least it's a REAL football ground which can generate a REAL atmosphere when approaching full. Unlike your soulless place.

Fully agree with the pricing tho', out of order. 

Ayr will be wanting to get as many folk going to the game as possible. Making it any cheaper would just encourage people to stay at home instead.  It’s fairly easy for Rangers to charge hardly anything to stream the games as they will have already sold out the stadium.

That said, I was thinking about getting the stream but I don’t think I’d pay £18 for it 😂.

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

baseketball-milk.gif

Genuinely flummoxed as to why clubs should be making staying at home a more attractive option to supporters than, you know, going to the actual game?

I get that streaming has been great for some fans for various reasons but it was only ever a temporary thing.

25 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Delicious. 

Enjoy the Rangers game.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

Genuinely flummoxed as to why clubs should be making staying at home a more attractive option to supporters than, you know, going to the actual game?

I get that streaming has been great for some fans for various reasons but it was only ever a temporary thing.

This