Aberdeen vs Motherwell - 6th November

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

How are you boys when it comes to defending set pieces?

What does that word mean? Graham Alexander wants to know. 

My biggest hope for this game is that is gets postponed. If not, 3-0 Aberdeen and 0 shots on target for Motherwell.

Normally go to Pittodrie but I've still got the drabs after Sunday and so can't be arsed basically (and I won't be revisiting last season by watching it on the laptop either) - I'll watch it on FlashScore.

One historic advantage of playing at Pittodrie (and now Victoria Park) is that so few 'Well fans go to these games, it has allowed managers to try different things/players with less pressure than if it was a home game or somewhere in the central belt. If there was ever a time that GA needs to change the record, it's this weekend - so I hope he takes advantage.

I'd personally like to see Donnelly back in the midfield (bye Goss) and a system that allows KVV and Watt to play together. Our problem right back area isn't a problem this weekend - and I'd like to see Carroll finally forgiven and picked ahead of McGinley.  

In any case, relatively small defeat to nil here I think.

Expecting a defeat here, but at least a change in personnel/formation/tactics to make us even remotely competitive and threatening again would be something.

Having a midfield with a bit of fight and protection for the defence would be nice, and a way to get KVV on alongside Watt is a must.

Kelly

Grimmy     Mugabi   Sol       Carroll

Roberts  Slattery Donnelly  O'Hara

Watt  KVV

As I said previously, I also wouldn't be averse to swapping O'Hara out for Maguire, who at least isn't afraid to put himself about. Oppositions currently stroll through our midfield unchallenged by empty jerseys like O'Hara and Goss, and it badly needs bolstering. It won't happen though, and either one or both of them will spend another 90mins as absolute passengers. 

2-0 Aberdeen.

Guest Bob Mahelp

A lot of people here confidently predicting the result of the most unpredictable game in Scottish football. 

The 'well fans have went full-on Hibee with their desperation to predict a defeat while secretly preparing their 'GIRFUY ya sheep-shagging basturds' posts for when they go a goal up.

Never go full-on Hibee. 

It is one of those fixtures we occasionally pull a 3-0 victory from absolutely nowhere. Unfortunately, I don’t see that happening if GA decides to continue with his current tactics.

Got to throw an extra body into the midfield or defence and WHEN Joe Lewis’s howler comes, we’ve got to keep up the pressure rather than falling back.

I watched the first match on Well PPV whilst on hols in Croatia a couple of months back, and despite the sunshine and cold beer, it put a real dampener on that particular day.

It was probably the most typical of the lower-end of the Glass era rollercoaster. Plenty possession, but doing little with it. Watkins played his first match and missed a good chance, but he's hopefully more up to speed now.

From a defensive sense, both goals came from Well getting acres of space in wide areas and firing in crosses for attacking headers that went pretty much unopposed.

Hopefully some of these issues that caused that defeat are starting to be addressed. However, as stated, this can be a bit of an unpredictable fixture and we have had a few punches in the solar plexus from Well on previous occasions when going in confident (the game after our win in Stavanger last season springs to mind).

Despite that - I will go for 2-0 home win, a welcome clean sheet - Ramirez and the next beneficiary of an Allan Russell corner routine to score.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A lot of people here confidently predicting the result of the most unpredictable game in Scottish football. 

The 'well fans have went full-on Hibee with their desperation to predict a defeat while secretly preparing their 'GIRFUY ya sheep-shagging basturds' posts for when they go a goal up.

Never go full-on Hibee. 

Based on the state of our defence at the moment - no 'Well fan will be gloating at 1-0 - maybe 3-0 would do it (as there would be a chance of a point).

You guys shouldn’t try and play through the midfield because our guys will definitely cover all the gaps and will then play intricate passes between each other and definitely move up the park, that will definitely happen. 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I watched the first match on Well PPV whilst on hols in Croatia a couple of months back, and despite the sunshine and cold beer, it put a real dampener on that particular day.

It was probably the most typical of the lower-end of the Glass era rollercoaster. Plenty possession, but doing little with it. Watkins played his first match and missed a good chance, but he's hopefully more up to speed now.

From a defensive sense, both goals came from Well getting acres of space in wide areas and firing in crosses for attacking headers that went pretty much unopposed.

Hopefully some of these issues that caused that defeat are starting to be addressed. However, as stated, this can be a bit of an unpredictable fixture and we have had a few punches in the solar plexus from Well on previous occasions when going in confident (the game after our win in Stavanger last season springs to mind).

Despite that - I will go for 2-0 home win, a welcome clean sheet - Ramirez and the next beneficiary of an Allan Russell corner routine to score.

It was frustrating that the 1st goal came directly from us playing from the back, Joe's kick immediately headed back into the channel, McCrorie outmuscled. It was the best cross I've seen this season! Fair play. We've been done by two exceptional crosses this season...no more please!! Hopefully we've learned that we've been vulnerable from our initial set-up.

It was unfortunate Ramsay was off being treated for the 2nd, so it was left to Marley to try to close down the cross from the quick free kick. Still to find out why Fergie ducked!!

I think we'll come out on top Saturday too, especially as we now carry a threat up front and our midfield have raised their game. Both full backs put in crosses in the space of 30 secs we should have scored from when 0-0 last time....what I'd give for an opening goal this Saturday!! Its only happened twice this season.

14 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Its very strange that overall we have a similar stats for this season so far. Of course Aberdeen have exited thier downward spiral and are recovering while we are experincing the opposite.20211105_120323.thumb.jpg.01d2887d9bcad42bf41537a1ae2fdc90.jpg

We are absolutely trouncing you at possession