Aberdeen vs Motherwell - 6th November

Back from the game now.  Motherwell absolutely ruined us.  Fair play. 
Off the park - any information from the Well fans about the wee c***s in their support who were chucking glasses across the bar, attempting to square go a window, and then got a bit of a shoeing outside the Scotia Bar?
It was acceptable in the 80s.... I was very much trying to get as far into the corner of the pub as possible throughout, due to cowardice.  

No information but we do have some absolute fucking roasters that are part of the young team now. The older ones who used to keep them in check are now busy with weans and the like to do that and they seem to have the run of the place.

Arseholes aw ae them as more often than not they seem to go above daft wee guy shit.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:
Fair play, you had two shots on goal & scored both. 
That’s all that matters I suppose.
But to go out with the attitude from the start where you just commit foul after foul, and time waste from minute 1… f**k watching that every week.
Says it all about the quality of the SPFL. 

Cry some more please.

Missed the first 17 words I assume. 🤡

Motherwell won, fair play.

All I’m saying is I wouldn’t pay a penny to watch that defensive shite every week. Or any week. 

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

No information but we do have some absolute fucking roasters that are part of the young team now. The older ones who used to keep them in check are now busy with weans and the like to do that and they seem to have the run of the place.

Arseholes aw ae them as more often than not they seem to go above daft wee guy shit.

The thing is, they’d shite a brick one on one with the majority of fans. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Well since we'll play you only once more and he's already got three of them, do you think Aberdeen have got 3 goals in them?

I was presuming that any team that loses 6-1 at home to anybody, won't make it to the top 6. So thanks for pointing out that Motherwell won't be there. 

But yes, given what's happened in the 2 games between us, I believe that it's entirely possible that a guy who can't hit a barn door with a shotgun for 35 games a season, can score another 3 against our defence. 

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I was utterly horrified.  Sitting there having a civilised pre-match pint with my old man and my pal, and the next thing you know there's glasses flying around, blood on the floor and auld bald guys with pot bellies trying to put a squad together for god knows what.  Retro! 

43 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I forgot the cringeworthy nature of some fans (counting time taken at throw ins)

Throughly, throughly enjoyed this. .

In other news, hearing news of young Motherwell fans being absolute fucking bellends is of no surprise whatsoever. On their own, they couldn't fight sleep but put 20+ of them in the one place with their Stone Island jumpers on (that their Mum bought them) and unfortunately they act like complete arseholes. If they happened to get battered a wee bit, maybe they'll learn a wee bit of respect. 

Maybe a bit hard on the team. 
We played a lot of decent stuff, especially in the first half, that had Motherwell chasing their tails and lunging into tackles to desperately stay in the game. 
We desperately needed to score first, as there was always the danger that a Motherwell goal would deflate us. And so it happened. 
We were let down by an inability to take the (half) chances that came our way and an inability to keep things tight in our own box. It won't be the last time that happens unless Glass gets a hold of the central defence. 
And I think you're giving Van Veen too much credit. He was utterly anonymous in the 1st half aside from looking like the first player to be red carded. He looks like a guy that will only score 6 goals all season and 5 of them will be against Aberdeen. 

Aye I'm being hard. I enjoyed the first half but everything we did well in the first half, we threw away in the first 15 of the second half and the game was gone. Very jekyll and hyde like.

There are tactical errors for sure. However there are some traits like bravery in possession and character to react which weren't on show today in some. Others simply aren't good enough consistently to be in a team that wants to be in Europe every season and challenging for the two cups.
In other news, hearing news of young Motherwell fans being absolute fucking bellends is of no surprise whatsoever. On their own, they couldn't fight sleep but put 20+ of them in the one place with their Stone Island jumpers on (that their Mum bought them) and unfortunately they act like complete arseholes. If they happened to get battered a wee bit, maybe they'll learn a wee bit of respect. 
I wouldn't say that's exclusive to the Motherwell YT at all either.

17 minutes ago, Desp said:

Correct. And hopefully soon 

I think if I was desperate for positive I would say that the claims we were good at fir park were laughable, but today the first half performance was actually reasonably good and being lazy you could say if we put one away it’s a different game. 

But the fundamental issues remain the same as at fir park. Stay in the game against Aberdeen/limit their chances and they WILL give you good opportunities and/or goals. 

We are a talented team but we are a soft touch, we are naive and we are a bit spineless. 

Edited by Dons_1988

45 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If only your team put as much effort in to time wasting & fouling last week, you might not go FIFTY games without beating the **** 🤣

HWABF 

We have beaten them in the three most recent games that meant anything in their own right.

Looking at the goals. Hilarious defending from Aberdeen.

WTF is Scott Brown doing at the first goal? He wins the header then just drifts out the box and suddenly we had 3 vs 2 in the middle. (Big Bevis providing the extra body up top)

2nd goal, my word. Aberdeen are outnumbered 5v3 for the cross. If you have to have the wall AND mark for the cross bring all your men back. Guy standing on halfway doing nothing. Brown again just veers away from Van Veen back towards his own goal leaving big Kev in plenty of space for the finish.

Did McGinley punt Bates during the Kelly triple save?

Maguire was really tempted to hit a wee professional foul when he gave the ball away on the halfway line, I think he was saved by not being able to get close enough to him.

Those finishes look better every time I see them. Live, I thought the second one was fortunate, but it was actually a really good finish. Brown did look at sea for both.

8 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Fair play, you had two shots on goal & scored both. 
That’s all that matters I suppose.

But to go out with the attitude from the start where you just commit foul after foul, and time waste from minute 1… f**k watching that every week.

Says it all about the quality of the SPFL. 

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Missed the first 17 words I assume. 🤡

Motherwell won, fair play.

All I’m saying is I wouldn’t pay a penny to watch that defensive shite every week. Or any week. 

giphy.gif