Hearts v United 6 November 2021

I haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Two teams committed to attacking, good football on show and a cracking atmosphere.  

It's probably the best we've played this season IMO, we looked so dangerous. I wasn't convinced the front 3 would work without a proper striker, but Ginnelly's pace and movement caused all sorts of problems.

Beni and Devlin are just so good at this level in terms of breaking up play and allowing others to do their thing.

Was delighted for McEneff as well, he's had to be very patient but he's waited for his chance and mot spat the dummy.

First home game I've had to miss for an age and Hearts put in a team performance of quality very rarely seen.  I did watch it live on Hearts TV which eased the pain of not being there a wee bit.

Hearts were excellent, constant pressing and speed of attack were incredibly impressive. Special mention for Devlin and Ginelli who were the pick of the team imo. 

Rarely go to away games but sorely tempted to go to Motherwell away now.

23 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

The scoreline flattered you, I think. It was very very one sided.

Nah, it really wasn't. We were the better team and deserved the three points, but it wasn't until McEneff scored that I completely relaxed. Utd will play worse than that and win.

Just good to watch two good attacking teams trying to play football - on recent showings, it seems there's only one football team in Dundee.

32 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Nah, it really wasn't. We were the better team and deserved the three points, but it wasn't until McEneff scored that I completely relaxed. Utd will play worse than that and win.

Just good to watch two good attacking teams trying to play football - on recent showings, it seems there's only one football team in Dundee.

All about opinions, I suppose, and that’s fair enough. I was relaxed throughout, because I can’t remember us playing as good as that in a long time. United we’re definitely a good side, but we were just on a different level on Saturday. Hope we reach that level again this season.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

yir right and that team came away with a 1-1 draw...nae point in going gung ho and shipping 5 now is there.

10 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

All about opinions, I suppose, and that’s fair enough. I was relaxed throughout, because I can’t remember us playing as good as that in a long time. United we’re definitely a good side, but we were just on a different level on Saturday. Hope we reach that level again this season.

Christ, me too. Best footballing game at Tynecastle for a good few years.

On 06/11/2021 at 18:28, topcat(The most tip top) said:

.Clearly Pittodrie was a wake up call. That’s the best game I’ve been to in a long while

I think it’s safe to say that the experiment of having Woodburn deputise for Boyce was a success.I now feel daft for worrying about it

Fair play to United, dragging themselves back into contention from two down twice showed spirit and tenacity even if doing it a third time was too big an ask.

Seen a few comments along these lines. Woodburn was playing wide left, Ginnelly played at centre forward in place of Boyce. See Hearts Twitter feed for comments from Ginnelly on asking Boyce for advice on how to play as a centre forward before the game.

31 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Seen a few comments along these lines. Woodburn was playing wide left, Ginnelly played at centre forward in place of Boyce. See Hearts Twitter feed for comments from Ginnelly on asking Boyce for advice on how to play as a centre forward before the game.

Yeah, Woodburn was pretty much playing the role he always plays, although there was definitely more pace and fluidity about the front three in general.

13 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Yeah, Woodburn was pretty much playing the role he always plays, although there was definitely more pace and fluidity about the front three in general.

Yes I think there was a great deal more dynamism in general. Would like to see Ginnelly get a run in the team in that role.

Fair enough! when I saw the team before the match I assumed that Woodburn would be the striker

They were pretty mobile as opposed to sticking to rigid roles and confirmation bias did the rest.

One couldn’t help but be reminded of when we had a front three of Coulquhoun, Robbo and Crabbe

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Before this thread closes can I just remind folk that Robbie Neilson is an unlikable scruffy arsehole.

😄 Now that we’re back to the real business. What the f**k is going on with Court’s hair? Looks like he was ditched by Pete Waterman c. 1994, and never got over it.

Before this thread closes can I just remind folk that Robbie Neilson is an unlikable scruffy arsehole.

He’s not as dapper as he was when he was hearts manager first time round

Mind you he’s spent a year in Dundee since then

When you look at what that did to Paul Hartley Robbie’s got off lightly

• 1 month later...