Hearts v United 6 November 2021

51 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:
1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:
Can't beat anyone else though eh

you will soon implode with neilson at the helm,just a matter of time big man

I'm on tenterhooks.

Anyway, that was as fun a game of football as I've been to. Loads of back and forth, even at 4-2 up I thought United just had to nick another goal to make the game interesting. Clearly mulgrew being injured made your defence look a lot less solid, but that doesn't mean there isn't a good team there. Fuchs and niskanen both looked decent players for you guys.

Performance wise, I want more of that, as much as possible. Goals from midfield at last. A confident Ben Woodburn is the best kind of Ben Woodburn, Cammy Devlin was Motm, his tackling was first class and he covered so much ground. Gino was looking decent up top also. I was even delighted Mcenueff got his goal as 1) he should have came on last week instead of Halliday 2) It keeps everyone on their toes 3) He has every right to demand game time when he's doing everything asked of him.

I've spent much of my time on this website promoting a detached/nonchalant shtick when it comes to Hearts but now we've finally ditched the tepid, timid dogshit of the last half decade plus I'm inclined to chuck that. Every time* I watch us now I just want to hug every c*nt. It's great.

*not last week. Shut up.

49 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:
1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:
Raging much emoji28.pngemoji1787.png

certainly not,us dons fans have had to get used to being like the usual hearts team this season,a few losses hear and there its the norm

Like a Google translate from spaniel to English. 😄

certainly not,us dons fans have had to get used to being like the usual hearts team this season,a few losses hear and there its the norm

Given the absolute rollercoaster Hearts have been on for the last few decades the I’m sceptical of your implicit assumption that a “usual” hearts team exists

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I thought the most amusing thing about today would be our woeful defending but I was forgetting about the likelihood of the Funsters coming on here.

Dundee fans eh?  The gift that never stops giving.

Despite the scoreline, I think your own team are a fair bit better than Dundee. 

18 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

A bit worrying from a Hibs perspective. Hearts gubbing a side we struggled against and pulling further away in table.

I don't quite think United got "gubbed" today. To me the use of that term would indicate that we took 5 without reply and weren't beaten all over the park soundly. 

I'm not wanting to take anything away from Hearts and their result/performance but that was two good teams on the pitch today but Hearts were clearly better. 

18 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I don't quite think United got "gubbed" today. To me the use of that term would indicate that we took 5 without reply and weren't beaten all over the park soundly. 

I'm not wanting to take anything away from Hearts and their result/performance but that was two good teams on the pitch today but Hearts were clearly better. 

The scoreline flattered you, I think. It was very very one sided.

25 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Shut up you fuckin moron 😂

Hearts the better team and deserved their win. We were horrendous at the back which is very unlike us but always looked dangerous on the break. Two good teams going hammer and tongs today and despite the scoreline, id rather watch that stuff today than some of the shite Mellon was dishing up last season. Best game ive seen for a while

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I thought the most amusing thing about today would be our woeful defending but I was forgetting about the likelihood of the Funsters coming on here.

Dundee fans eh?  The gift that never stops giving.

I’ll say this for you.  No matter whether United win, lose or draw.  Dundee are always on your mind and in your posts.

Thank you.

That was very entertaining, i don't want to be patronising but i can't help it. Dundee left Tynecastle with a point a couple of weeks ago but United were miles better than them, unfortuneatley for them Hearts were miles better than they were against Dundee couple of weeks ago. 

13 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Shut up you fuckin moron 😂

Hearts the better team and deserved their win. We were horrendous at the back which is very unlike us but always looked dangerous on the break. Two good teams going hammer and tongs today and despite the scoreline, id rather watch that stuff today than some of the shite Mellon was dishing up last season. Best game ive seen for a while

🤣

It was an excellent game to watch. Two good sides. It was also very one sided, and it could have been a fair few more for us.

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

🤣

It was an excellent game to watch. Two good sides. It was also very one sided, and it could have been a fair few more for us.

Likewise mate. Gordon made a couple of great saves. One of those game that couldve been any score. Just a shame that it wasnt on Sky or BT as it was a terrific advert for scottish football

A 5-2 score line is always going to be a bit frustrating for supporters that attach almost mystic significance to the “5-1” but, that aside, a three goal margin didn’t seem particularly out of proportion to me.

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A 5-2 score line is always going to be a bit frustrating for supporters that attach almost mystic significance to the “5-1” but, that aside, a three goal margin didn’t seem particularly out of proportion to me.

Fair enough. I thought that was our best performance of the season, and that we could have been three zip at least by half time. A deflected first goal, and then a badly defended second, made it look as though they were more in it imo. 

Really like that Fuchs laddie. He’d be a bit at Tynecastle.

Barrie McKay and Moore were outstanding today.