Hearts v United 6 November 2021

This is going to be very tough but hopefully we will not be thwarted by Gordon this time around.

Hearts have shown they are a very good side but we have certainly improved since our defeat at home early in the season.

As someone said on another thread our starting line up should be the XI that finished against St Johnstone.

If we’re trailing in this game Courts must try the option of playing Biamou up beside Clark.

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As someone said on another thread our starting line up should be the XI that finished against St Johnstone.

I'd be resting Clark, and starting Maxime Biamou in this one. Difficult getting an away ticket for this one, I'm noticing cheaper options in the home sections.

As a quiet soul, would it be ok to sit in any of these areas, or is the Hearts support quite volatile? And will the PA be playing 'The Sash' again? 🤔

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

57 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'd be resting Clark, and starting Maxime Biamou in this one. Difficult getting an away ticket for this one, I'm noticing cheaper options in the home sections.

As a quiet soul, would it be ok to sit in any of these areas, or is the Hearts support quite volatile? And will the PA be playing 'The Sash' again? 🤔

If you sing along,you'll be fine

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Hopefully if anybody hacks the pa system again they'll recognise that this is the 21st century not the 19th and play this

As for sitting amongst the home fans to save money it'll be of no surprise that the cheap seats nearest the away section are the most boisterous

The Gorgie road end has a lot of family groups so I'd avoid that too.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hopefully if anybody hacks the pa system again they'll recognise that this is the 21st century not the 19th and play this

That was 1987 (20th century). Never realised the explanation was that 'someone' had 'hacked the pa system'. Noticed some cheap seats in the Wheatfield Stand, is the bit in front of the Main Stand where some fans with skewed political views stand not the boisterous bit?

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

17 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That was 1987 (20th century). Never realised the explanation was that 'someone' had 'hacked the pa system'. Noticed some cheap seats in the Wheatfield Stand, is the bit in front of the Main Stand where some fans with skewed political views stand not the boisterous bit?

But the cultural phenomenon of using subterfuge to make people listen to it is decidedly 21st

It seems reasonable to assume that in context "hacked the pa system" means "spotted that the Aux input socket was left unattended"

If I was touring Easter Road and saw an opportunity to play the Hearts song from Spotify over the PA I'd be sorely tempted

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

If Biamou had more game time I’d agree with you.  

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Sadly with that handle you can GTF👍

Expecting a hard game here. They looked v. Good against STJ

United on a remarkable run of form. Ours stuttered for a few weeks and then it fell apart with that awful performance v Aberdeen.

Tough game won by one goal. Hopefully home advantage acts as a catalyst for us to bounce back.

Boyce being back is a relief.

18 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Ah, I see. 'The Sash' is a Hibs song, and a Hibee did it and ran away! I'll say no more on the topic.

I was using it as an example of the kind of mischief that I would personally find as tempting as whoever pulled off that stunt did.

But your suggestion of somehow, and wholly unfairly, scapegoating Hibs isn’t without merit

I am looking forward to this, two reasonably good teams playing a reasonably attractive style of football.

I think the 2-0 scoreline at Tannadice flattered Hearts a bit.

I am glad that Boyce should be back and that Halliday is suspended.

On 02/11/2021 at 09:20, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was using it as an example of the kind of mischief that I would personally find as tempting as whoever pulled off that stunt did.

But your suggestion of somehow, and wholly unfairly, scapegoating Hibs isn’t without merit

I'm sure it wasn't the Sash anyway.

It will have been a more modern song with different words to the same tune.

This is the problem with our TV deal. This fixture should be one showcasing our league this weekend, the third and fourth best teams in the country currently and a game there would be a lot of interest in.

But Sky Sports would never show it at this stage because they need to show potentially two derbies from Tynecastle, plus at least four Old Firm games.

I get that Hearts, for example, don't want to end up with half their home games on TV when they have tickets to sell but showcasing the product opens up additional revenue streams surely. 

Should be a great game. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

This is the problem with our TV deal. This fixture should be one showcasing our league this weekend, the third and fourth best teams in the country currently and a game there would be a lot of interest in.

But Sky Sports would never show it at this stage because they need to show potentially two derbies from Tynecastle, plus at least four Old Firm games.

I get that Hearts, for example, don't want to end up with half their home games on TV when they have tickets to sell but showcasing the product opens up additional revenue streams surely. 

Should be a great game. 

Would happily have a few more games on the TV if the times weren't pish. Friday and Saturday nights would be class. None of this lunchtime kick off shite.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Would happily have a few more games on the TV if the times weren't pish. Friday and Saturday nights would be class. None of this lunchtime kick off shite.

Friday night games are brilliant. Would happily have more of those.

7 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Friday night games are brilliant. Would happily have more of those.

The constant battle football faces. 

Let’s be absolutely honest, no football fan likes lunchtime kick offs, they are police driven or shoehorned to fit around other televised games. 

If Scottish football lived in a vacuum and had no market competition you’d never see a game at 12pm on a Sunday.