Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir

Pathetic performance today, lucky to go in at half time only 3 down. For a team sitting second in the League it was a woeful performance. At no time did we look like we wanted to win this game and that’s worrying.
KR needs to rethink his selections and tactics because on today’s performance it’s not working. Surely we have other options that just Mackin up front. A bad day at Forthbank for any Albion fan. Well done Stenny you deserved the points.

1 hour ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Blimey - we could have been 5 up at half time. Easily the best performance under Swift. No idea how it happened but that first half in particular was as dominant a display as you could ever see. Win on Tuesday and things are really beginning to look up.

[We haven’t won at home all season]

Good win for the warriors today. Hopefully things are on the up.

Wow, that was as bad a performance as there has ever been under KR, the players really let themselves down today and well done to Stenny for pouncing on it, as has been said, if it wasn’t for Blair Currie you could have easily have been 6 or 7 to the good in the end.

I don’t want to be too hard on the squad because, results wise, it’s been a good season so far but that performance and that score line has been on the cards, it’s just a pity it came when there seemed to be a crowd boost, so much so that people were queued outside when the game kicked off.

Disappointing but not the end of the world, well done Stenny and Blair Currie.

Outhought, outfought, outplayed and in all honesty outclassed today. 3-1 going on 6 or 7, if Stenny hadn't been content to just see out the game in the second half it could have been even worse.

In the last few games although we've been getting results, performances have been less than impressive and a result like this has been coming.

Edited by AlbionMan

The tactic of a long ball up to Mackin and 'see what happens' ain't working. Most teams in this league have sussed this and deal with it easily. The problem is, KR doesn't see this and changes things too late in the game. As Stewarty says, the danger signs were there when we scraped past Berwick in the cup. We have overcome teams by passing and running through the middle and keeping the ball on the deck. Today, the game was over by half time. Don't blame Mackin for the defeat. He's only trying to play to the way the team is set up to play.

The first half was quite comfortably the best 45 minutes of football we've seen from Stephen Swift's side so far this season. I thought we were dogged and determined, we won every second ball, we moved it around well, and we created a number of good chances throughout. If this is what Swiftball is supposed to look like... sign me up right now! The second half was a little trickier, as was to be expected, and although I was disappointed with the goal we conceded, we stuck in and did what we needed to do. A thoroughly deserved three points and, hopefully, the platform for this team to kick on and motor up the table.

There were no failures in the Stenny side today, with everyone putting a good shift in, but special mention to Ross Lyon (who mopped up everything in his weird left-back-cum-sweeper role), Nicky Jamieson (who won everything in the air and kept Stirling Albion from getting in behind us) and Nat Wedderburn (who strolled through the match). It's also worth giving Tam Orr a shout out - I thought he might struggle against the Binos' big defenders and we'd fail to stick the ball up top but he really did well as the side's focal point. He should have scored more, of course, and his unwillingness to use his left peg cost him his brace towards the end, but it would be churlish to get too worked up about it.

Stirling Albion weren't very good, something that surprised me. Why isn't everything going through Marc Laird and Jack Leitch? Why was Nathan Flanagan on the bench? Why was Darren Christie given so much time and space throughout the first half? The club's hospitality is excellent, however, so fair play to everyone associated for that.

Bring on Albion Rovers!

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Great result today and could easily have been more. Felt it was important that they saw out the game with a win. Also though Swift's after match interview was the best he has given all season.  Really looking forward to Tuesday.

Binos, is there any reason that Ray Grant isn’t getting a run out in that team? Having watched quite a lot of turgid football at Broadwood, I can’t quite express what I would do to have him back at Clyde. He apparently turned us down to join you too so I’ve been quite surprised at his lack of game time.

Binos, is there any reason that Ray Grant isn’t getting a run out in that team? Having watched quite a lot of turgid football at Broadwood, I can’t quite express what I would do to have him back at Clyde. He apparently turned us down to join you too so I’ve been quite surprised at his lack of game time.

I’m really not sure however when he first came in he looked to be a key player and KR certainly spoke of him as being one, then he got injuries and spent a few weeks out before playing games from bench. Can only think that he is not fully over the injury or that KR sees Roberts as a better option now.

Having watched back the highlights, Stirling's defending throughout the match is dreadful. Adam Cummins completely loses his bearings at the first goal, thumping the ball into his own net, and the time and space afforded to Tam Orr and Darren Christie for the second and third was criminal! Both strikes were very well taken, but still.

(And Sean Crighton didn't cover himself in glory for Dylan Bikey's consolation, switching off and allowing the forward to move into space ahead of him. He can he a good defender, the captain, but he's often prone to a howler every other game.)

Absolute shambles on Saturday. Watching the highlights back only made it worse. Not a great first goal to concede. The second and third goals were extremely poor marking and the defending overall was horrendous. 

Second half wasn’t great. The manager said in his after match interview a few home truths were said at half time. It certainty didn’t make much of a difference. We were awful and apart from the goal and a wee spell for 5 minutes after, Stenny were in cruise control. This long ball to Mackin every time is getting very predictable and boring to watch. 

This result has been coming. The last few weeks haven’t been great. We need to pick ourselves up for Saturday. 

Well done Stenny. There was nothing between the sides at the start of the season and you have picked up three good results. 

This long ball to Mackin every time is getting very predictable and boring to watch. 

We’ve been boring to watch for the last few years in my opinion. When can you honestly say was the last time you were excited by the football we play?? Yes, by and large we are winning football matches, which makes us happy, and we all have our favourite players and do our bit to get behind the squad and support the club…… but it’s not exciting football in my opinion.

9 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

We’ve been boring to watch for the last few years in my opinion. When can you honestly say was the last time you were excited by the football we play?? Yes, by and large we are winning football matches, which makes us happy, and we all have our favourite players and do our bit to get behind the squad and support the club…… but it’s not exciting football in my opinion.

There is no team in this division who will visit forthbank this season and I’ll think to myself “we should win this by a couple”. We have a good squad of players and are in a good position in the league. I just feel we have been rather fortunate in some games. Our defence is usually solid but went missing on Saturday. Paul McLean is a huge miss. I’d love to see Carrick, Grant and Heaver get more game time. To be fair Grant has been injured so hopefully starts this weekend.