Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir

This has the makings of an entertaining encounter between the FK postcode's premium sides. Stirling Albion are in very good form just now and haven't lost a match since the middle of August, while Stenhousemuir might just be getting their act together under Stephen Swift, having recorded back-to-back wins over Cowdenbeath and Huntly.

The last meeting between the sides on the opening game of the season was a stuffy affair, with only Martin McNiff's separating the sides, but I think this could be a bit more fun. The worry for the Warriors is we lack a real threat up top without Robert Thomson (I'm still not convinced by Tam Orr in the lone striker role) and we don't really have anyone in midfield to protect the defence - I think someone like Jack Leitch could get break forward and get in behind us and cause us bother. That said, we have attacking threats of our own in Euan O'Reilly and Adam Brown and both players can ask questions of the Binos' backline.

We now have something close to a regular starting XI. Depending on who's available, I'd like to see us go with:

- Tam Orr -

- Euan O'Reilly - Adam Brown - Ross Forbes -

- Nat Wedderburn - James Lyon -

- Ross Lyon - Sean Crighton - Nicky Jamieson - Michael Miller -

- Davie Wilson -

I'm not 100 per cent convinced by James Lyon but I think he's streets ahead of Declan Hughes and Mikey Anderson.

I'd love to take something from this match (and a win here would be a real "statement of intent" from Swift) but I am fearing the worst and expect Stirling to beat us by the odd goal.

18 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

having recorded back-to-back wins over Cowdenbeath and Huntly.

That's got to strike fear and trepidation into the rest of the teams in the league!  Let's be honest had he not got these two results then we would have been looking for another manager.  Still not convinced.

9 minutes ago, Elric said:

That's got to strike fear and trepidation into the rest of the teams in the league!  Let's be honest had he not got these two results then we would have been looking for another manager.  Still not convinced.

That's why I wrote "might just be getting their act together"! We won't know how far we've progressed unless we have another go against one of the better sides in the division.

I'm sceptical myself but I'm looking forward to the weekend all the same!

This will be quite revealing. Fine beating poor teams like Cowden & Huntly but can we turn up against a pretty decent side.

Because it's league 2 and on any given day unless you are truly hopeless you can always go and take 3 points we just might but that's about as optimistic as I can get.

Just looked at stats re 1st meeting this season. Just as tight as I remember and we were lucky we came away with 3 pts. Forgot about Mackin (92 mins) asking the ref what phone contract he was on? Stirling are not invincible and things could go against us but the Albion  players compete for 95mins.  Will Stennie have the balls? Unless SFC are leading by 2  goals with 5mins to play. I can’t see it.

Just looked at stats re 1st meeting this season. Just as tight as I remember and we were lucky we came away with 3 pts. Forgot about Mackin (92 mins) asking the ref what phone contract he was on? Stirling are not invincible and things could go against us but the Albion  players compete for 95mins.  Will Stennie have the balls? Unless SFC are leading by 2  goals with 5mins to play. I can’t see it.
Very bold of you

Can you see it now mucker....

22 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

That aged lovely.

Natural order restored in Stirlingshire.

*rubs your head like a dog*

Gutless shower of shite, only one team wanted to win that today, and it wasnae us. 
First time in a long time I've left a game at half time. 
Well done Stenny, thoroughly deserved. 
Were sitting second at HT & still comfortably in the play offs after today. Jeezo, take the rough with the smooth fella.

Came up against the real beginning of the Swift era, no shame in that.

37 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Gutless shower of shite, only one team wanted to win that today, and it wasnae us. 

First time in a long time I've left a game at half time. 

Well done Stenny, thoroughly deserved. 

Well, I sat through the entire 90 minutes and really worry that this side is going backwards and will yet again miss the play offs. What little hope of coming first dissapeared at 4.45pm. Stennie deserved their 3 goal lead, they completely outclassed the home side.

Why oh why do we always start with one up front. Hitting high hopeful ball and when that doesn't work, bring on small strikers and continue to play high hopeful balls.

I really despair and if the results continue to go this way promotion is not going to happen.