Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

On 03/11/2021 at 07:42, RandomGuy. said:

You find the moron trolls generally stick to the TA forum as the breaks between games gives them time to think up their woeful attempts.

Dryhorce and that weird numberwang guy should both be blocked by the majority, as their attention seeking over the next couple of weeks will ruin every thread in this section otherwise.

Just did exactly that- first 2 blocks I've ever done haha.   Eye bleeding stuff.  

We get that you’re disappointed at not getting called up, Johnny, but there’s really nothing anyone on here can do about it. 

That guy is just a mindless MLS-truther even though he obviously doesn't follow the league very closely. He was suggesting Stuart Findlay for a call-up the other day, even though he's barely kicked a ball in the year he's been out there.

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

he just leaving this here:

our most inform attacking player. someone supremely confident to be included for the next two games - not thinking about his age or the medium/longer term - just 4/6 points!

Amazing run of games 

Incredible really he's not been given a call

47 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That guy is just a mindless MLS-truther even though he obviously doesn't follow the league very closely. He was suggesting Stuart Findlay for a call-up the other day, even though he's barely kicked a ball in the year he's been out there.

A few of these guys who post here..... who were they before? 

47 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I wasn't. I was responding to another poster's comments that there are better options in "world football" than our current crop of defenders. The only one I could think of was Stuart Findlay and responded with his name to determine if that is who he was meaning. I certainly don't advocate calling him up but can see why you would be so confused over the exchange. 

50 minutes ago, Binos said:

Amazing run of games 

Incredible really he's not been given a call

It’s not though, is it?

He was never going to get called up ahead of Adams, Dykes, Christie or Fraser.

That leaves Nisbet and Brown as the two viable options to drop out. While Nisbet has been in poor form and maybe shouldn’t have been picked, we all know that Clarke values consistency and trying to create a club atmosphere, so I can see why he’s there. Brown seems to be someone who he’s been tracking for a while, and obviously feels now is the right time to get him involved. It also gets him tied down to Scotland, and provides something a bit different for the squad.

Edit: just seen you touting Ross Stewart as well - he’s fucking pish so that’ll be why he hasn’t been called up. Scoring goals against Cheltenham and Crewe Alexandria doesn’t change that. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

4 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I wasn't. I was responding to another poster's comments that there are better options in "world football" than our current crop of defenders. The only one I could think of was Stuart Findlay and responded with his name to determine if that is who he was meaning. I certainly don't advocate calling him up but can see why you would be so confused over the exchange. 

And I told you it was Jack Elliott that I was talking about multiple times before,and that he is one off them keeping Findlay out the team 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s not though, is it?

That leaves Nisbet and Brown as the two viable options to drop out. While Nisbet has been in poor form and maybe shouldn’t have been picked, we all know that Clarke values consistency and trying to create a club atmosphere, so I can see why he’s there. Brown seems to be someone who he’s been tracking for a while, and obviously feels now is the right time to get him involved. It also gets him tied down to Scotland, and provides something a bit different for the squad.

Edit: just seen you touting Ross Stewart as well - he’s fucking pish so that’ll be why he hasn’t been called up. Scoring goals against Cheltenham and Crewe Alexandria doesn’t change that. 

That would mean that Shankland would still be included. He was dropped due to a drop in form - and you could argue that Nisbet and Shankland are much of a much in terms of back-up options. 

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s not though, is it?

Clarke said he could have got another new striker in,wonder if he was talking about Karlan Grant?

3 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

That would mean that Shankland would still be included. He was dropped due to a drop in form - and you could argue that Nisbet and Shankland are much of a much in terms of back-up options. 

Either your face fits or it doesn't yes agreed Lawrence has been thrown to the Wolfs,and can 100 per cent tell you with confidence he is a good laugh 

Edited by General dissaray

9 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Was he not out the squad due to injury coinciding with Lyndon Dykes declaring for us. Nisbet has had far more involvement in the team than Shankland (and is a better player than him too) 

In any case, it doesn’t need to apply to literally every single player for it to be true. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was he not out the squad due to injury coinciding which Lyndon Dykes declaring for us. Nisbet has had far more involvement in the team than Shankland (and is a better player than him too) 

In any case, it doesn’t need to apply to literally every single player for it to be true. 

Why do you say Nisbet is a better player?Still waiting to see Nisbet lob the keeper from the half way line

Both of them are good players and pretty equal in my opinion in over all quality 

Shankland is two footed as well scores off both sides which is exactly what you want in a striker 

Edited by General dissaray

7 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Why do you say Nisbet is a better player?Still waiting to see Nisbet lob the keeper from the half way line

Simple reason - it’s because, based on what I’ve seen from them both, I think Kevin Nisbet is better at playing football than Lawrence Shankland is, regardless of his lack of lobbing the keeper from half way.

23 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I thought we were talking about Brown?Fletcher isn't in the squad and is 34 not 40

Fletcher scored the winner for Stoke last night.