Accies vs Arbroath

40 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Incredibly frustrating game thought we dominated majority of the 90. Never a penalty, referee was a joke like so fucking bad,  the Hamilton time wasting tactics were ridiculous. Some feeling when TOB powered that heeder in as it’s the least we deserved. 

Hamilton been one of the poorest teams I’ve seen this season and that’s on both showings. 

Still feeling frustrated this morning by Accies tactics and the ref for having no idea what was going on. I have never ever seen a physio walking (slowly) on to give treatment before.

Edited by Hayshead2

Nice to see the time wasters getting it up them again.

Last week's time wasting started about two minutes into the second half. At one point I thought there was a sniper in every corner of the ground the number of times an Accies player hit the deck, and then their manager complains about added time.

If they continue like that it'll only serve to highlight themselves to referees and it won't be long before they have a player sent off for time wasting. Completely idiotic tactics.

Long may they get what they deserve.

Edited by Cappielow1

26 minutes ago, Cappielow1 said:

Nice to see the time wasters getting it up them again.

Last week's time wasting started about two minutes into the second half. At one point I thought there was a sniper in every corner of the ground the number of times an Accies player hit the deck, and then their manager complains about added time.

If they continue like that it'll only serve to highlight themselves to referees and it won't be long before they have a player sent off for time wasting. Completely idiotic tactics.

Long may they get what they deserve.

5 minutes of it yesterday but thought there should’ve been about 10.

All the crying about time wasting is hilarious to me. Football fans are such hypocrites.

I think everyone expects time wasting when you’re desperately trying to hold on with 10 mins to go but from the 16th minute is pretty embarrassing. I guess if u go a goal up against a much bigger and better team you’re always going to try and hang on.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Jesus.

We were quite lucky to get a point, maybe should have lost.

All the crying about time wasting is hilarious to me. Football fans are such hypocrites.

Hope Jamie Hamilton is OK.

Agreed football fans are hypocrites but Accies raised the bar on this ‘art form’, sorry professional management, to an impressive degree.   The nonsense about retrieving the ball wasted plenty time, as did the choreography of players feigning turns at injury and the antics of the back room staff in treatment.   Add in a ref who I consider the most clueless encountered this season… you have all the ingredients for a lively stage production with none of that messy football crap involved.   I can understand this if up against a big team and especially if not at home.    Given Accies are widely held in high esteem for their amazing exploits in the SPFL (that one ran and ran), it’s almost akin to inflicting deliberate reputational damage.  Not to mention severely inflated blood pressure

That game could have been won by Accies given the slightest effort to get forward second half.  Arbroath we’re getting frustrated and committing more forward. Accies defence looked solid throughout so were coping.   Arbroath looked good but the final ball always seem to not find its target, no breaks were forthcoming (as against Pars),  many had decided this game was one of these days.  Gratifying to get the equaliser late.

Arbroath did look more athletic in many positions (we’ve been on the wrong side of this in years gone by).  Is this because are relying too heavily on younger players?

As of late, AFC fans there in numbers but very quiet when the team would have benefitted from vocal support (other than the dirge).  I was impressed the the hone fans chanting towards the end, despite being under the cosh.

I’ve no problem with Hamilton’s timewasting (case study:Us at Inverness the other week), it’s the officials job to make sure the game keeps moving and he was fucking useless at that and everything else. Definitely 2 points dropped, and whilst the refereeing was dodgy etc we did have the chances to win it and simply never took them. Last minute equaliser always fun though and onto QOS next week.

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

I think everyone expects time wasting when you’re desperately trying to hold on with 10 mins to go but from the 16th minute is pretty embarrassing. I guess if u go a goal up against a much bigger and better team you’re always going to try and hang on.

image.gif.40a38657eda4d162310a374978f42a62.gif

22 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Decent result but really should’ve won it, sorry for the billy big boys attitude. Seriously loving this season so far, punching above our weight but feel there is more to come. 

a word again about Mckenna, superb every single week, actually can’t recall such an improvement in one player in all my days. 

Here here, Mckenna has been one of my fave players since he joined, attitude, commitment and work rate never in doubt, plays for the badge and fans, You just love to see it 🇱🇻⚽💪

Proper baffled by the post match reactions from Hamilton by the way, no other teams players or managers have come close, that Stuart Taylor talks a whole load of shite like. The only accies thing on YouTube too, no idea what they’re watching. 

Disappointed they couldn’t see the game out! Maybe the fans on both sides were disappointed his team didn’t come out in the second half to play football.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Proper baffled by the post match reactions from Hamilton by the way, no other teams players or managers have come close, that Stuart Taylor talks a whole load of shite like. The only accies thing on YouTube too, no idea what they’re watching. 

It's alright for you. We have to listen to that nonsense from Taylor every week.