5 favourite seasons

What are your top 5 seasons in your time supporting your club?

I’m hoping that my own team has turned a bit of a corner now and maybe we can push on and enjoy this season as a lot of us were looking forward to it after the reality of relegation set in.

However it’ll need to be good to match my own own personal top 5 seasons watching Kilmarnock. I didn’t find it too hard to think about my favourites although actually putting them in order was quite tough:

1 - 2017/2018. This is my favourite season, it got off to a terrible start at Somerset with defeat in the LC and the league campaign wasn’t much better. At that time we were just so used to accepting absolute shite from Kilmarnock and there was a complete apathy around the club and supporters. Then Steve Clarke arrived and totally turned the club around. 

2 - 2018/2019. Clarke’s second year. It was our most successful and consistent top flight campaign ever and we ended the year in 3rd place.  There were a few points during that season that (even though you probably knew better) I thought we might actually win the league. The last day win against Rangers was my best experience at Rugby Park even though we knew Clarke was leaving.

3 - 2011/2012. Kenny Shiels was in charge and was trying to get us to play some really attractive football. It didn’t work all the time but we finished safe from relegation, won the League Cup beating Ayr in the semi and then Celtic in the final. Also, for every non-Rangers fan, that was the funniest season ever in Scottish football.

4 - 2010/2011. Mixu was in charge and Kilmarnock played some amazing football from August - March. Eremenko, Bryson, Sammon, Kelly, Ben Gordon. It was the most complete Kilmarnock team I’d watched until that point. We won 2-0 away to St Mirren on New Years Day and it was the best away day and performance I can remember.

5 - Last one for me is from the 90s with the first season of the SPL 1998/1999. We had signed Ian Durrant and Ally McCoist in the summer and there was a fair bit of investment (debt) as we tried to push on, I was really young at the time and not knowing any better I thought we were the real deal. From August to the New Year we kept up with Rangers (another club spending money they didn’t have). Our usual pumping in the Scottish at Somerset seemed to destroy our form but we still ended the league in 4th place. 

1. This season so far - unreal.
  2. Season 2010-11 - Our first ever title, some incredible results and to win the title at home v Montrose with a couple of games to spare was the perfect way to win our first ever silverware. We’d been relegated the previous season, lost our manager and brought in the inexperienced Paul Sheerin so it was very much unexpected.
  3. Season 2018-19 - Romped League 1, felt like we would win every week. The Hammy game at Starks Park was the highlight and sealing the title at Brechin with games to spare.
  4. Season 1997-98 - Our first promotion in a generation. We’d been bottom of the very bottom the previous season but Dave Bakie took us to second place and automatic promotion in the pre-playoff years. Probably the most I’ve ever celebrated a promotion.
  5. 1992-93 - Danny McGrain, we were crap but it was such an exciting time to be a fan particularly compared to the previous few years. The Bearded Army, Scottish Cup quarter final v Rangers, 1-9 v Celtic, great atmosphere at games.
Edited by Tattie36

2010/2011 - Title winning team, just an unreal winning machine. Full of icons like Hardie and Cardle.

2015/2016 - Another title winning team, Faisal hitting 30 goals. The wee man was something to behold that season.

I'll do the rest later when I cba

2010/11 - promotion to the SPL. Played some cracking football under McIntyre and had a few big wins. The title decider against the wee team was a once in a generation occasion.

2015/16 - pissed League One in our first successful/enjoyable season since 2010/11. Big wins, nice football and exciting players. Peak El Bakhtaoui and the return of super Joe.

2005/06 - not a massively successful season considering we finished second bottom of the SPL for the second consecutive season. I just have fond memories of some specific games, especially towards the end of the season. Beating Livingston 3-2 to all but secure safety then Motherwell at Fir Park with the same score the following week. Also the season we got beat 8-1 by Celtic and lost the League Cup final in pathetic fashion, also to Celtic.

2003/04 - finishing 4th in the SPL and getting to the Scottish Cup final. It’s not higher up because I was still pretty young and didn’t go to many games, though I have weirdly distinct memories from beating Motherwell 3-0 and Thistle 1-0 at EEP. Also, Barry Nicholson’s solo effort at Pittodrie against ICT🥰

2017/18 - a largely enjoyable season but for a shite patch of form in the middle. Got off to a really good start with some very pleasing wins including beating St Mirren, ICT, Falkirk and Dumbarton. The penultimate game against Inverness was a brilliant day as we beat them to the final playoff spot in the dying seconds. Shame about the second leg playoff against Dundee United. Allan Johnston really should have left after that, he’d have left a pretty positive legacy if he did.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

What are your top 5 seasons in your time supporting your club?

I’m hoping that my own team has turned a bit of a corner now and maybe we can push on and enjoy this season as a lot of us were looking forward to it after the reality of relegation set in.

However it’ll need to be good to match my own own personal top 5 seasons watching Kilmarnock. I didn’t find it too hard to think about my favourites although actually putting them in order was quite tough:

1 - 2017/2018. This is my favourite season, it got off to a terrible start at Somerset with defeat in the LC and the league campaign wasn’t much better. At that time we were just so used to accepting absolute shite from Kilmarnock and there was a complete apathy around the club and supporters. Then Steve Clarke arrived and totally turned the club around. 

2 - 2018/2019. Clarke’s second year. It was our most successful and consistent top flight campaign ever and we ended the year in 3rd place.  There were a few points during that season that (even though you probably knew better) I thought we might actually win the league. The last day win against Rangers was my best experience at Rugby Park even though we knew Clarke was leaving.

3 - 2011/2012. Kenny Shiels was in charge and was trying to get us to play some really attractive football. It didn’t work all the time but we finished safe from relegation, won the League Cup beating Ayr in the semi and then Celtic in the final. Also, for every non-Rangers fan, that was the funniest season ever in Scottish football.

4 - 2010/2011. Mixu was in charge and Kilmarnock played some amazing football from August - March. Eremenko, Bryson, Sammon, Kelly, Ben Gordon. It was the most complete Kilmarnock team I’d watched until that point. We won 2-0 away to St Mirren on New Years Day and it was the best away day and performance I can remember.

5 - Last one for me is from the 90s with the first season of the SPL 1998/1999. We had signed Ian Durrant and Ally McCoist in the summer and there was a fair bit of investment (debt) as we tried to push on, I was really young at the time and not knowing any better I thought we were the real deal. From August to the New Year we kept up with Rangers (another club spending money they didn’t have). Our usual pumping in the Scottish at Somerset seemed to destroy our form but we still ended the league in 4th place. 

Good idea for a thread. 

I'll go for:

1. 1992/93 - quite simply the best Rovers side of the 'modern' era. Unbeaten at home all season, playing superb football with Brewster and Dalziel banging in more than 50 goals between them. 

2. 1994/95 - the Coca Cola Cup/league double side. Obviously the Cup was an incredible achievement and the single greatest moment in the club's history but we also came through with a superb run in the league to pass Dundee and the Pars. 

3. 1995/96 - our European season and the one season we managed to survive in the Premier League. There were some great days and nights that season. Just a shame it also saw the departure of Nicholl. 

4. 1993/94 - okay we got relegated but it was our first season in the Premier League and a great adventure. We played some great attacking football but were just too naive and inexperienced. 

5. 2020/21 - a bit of a strange choice since we couldn't attend any matches but our best season since the Nicholl days and without question the best football we've played in that time. I would pay an extraordinary amount of money to be given the chance to have the Dunfermline 5-1 game and play off 2nd leg played out in front of a full Stark's Park. 

Honourable mentions to our 2008/2009 league 1 winning season, the McKinnon play off season in 2015/16, the 1991/92 season (the season that was a sign of things to come in the Nicholl era) and the 2013/14 Murray season (on the sole basis of the Ramsden's Cup win against The Rangers). 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good idea for a thread. 

I'll go for:

1. 1992/93 - quite simply the best Rovers side of the 'modern' era. Unbeaten at home all season, playing superb football with Brewster and Dalziel banging in more than 50 goals between them. 

2. 1994/95 - the Coca Cola Cup/league double side. Obviously the Cup was an incredible achievement and the single greatest moment in the club's history but we also came through with a superb run in the league to pass Dundee and the Pars. 

3. 1995/96 - our European season and the one season we managed to survive in the Premier League. There were some great days and nights that season. Just a shame it also saw the departure of Nicholl. 

4. 1993/94 - okay we got relegated but it was our first season in the Premier League and a great adventure. We played some great attacking football but were just too naive and inexperienced. 

5. 2020/21 - a bit of a strange choice since we couldn't attend any matches but our best season since the Nicholl days and without question the best football we've played in that time. I would pay an extraordinary amount of money to be given the chance to have the Dunfermline 5-1 game and play off 2nd leg played out in front of a full Stark's Park. 

Honourable mentions to our 2008/2009 league 1 winning season, the McKinnon play off season in 2015/16, the 1991/92 season (the season that was a sign of things to come in the Nicholl era) and the 2013/14 Murray season (on the sole basis of the Ramsden's Cup win against The Rangers). 

Aye this. I feel for the youngsters that missed out on the mid 90's glory era. A tremendous period. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good idea for a thread. 

I'll go for:

Totally agree with the 1-2 

Even though we were  3 wins from a glorious treble in 94/5

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Aye this. I feel for the youngsters that missed out on the mid 90's glory era. A tremendous period. 

I started going regularly in 2005 and got my first season ticket in 2006. It's honestly like skipping a night out with your pals that turns into one of the best parties ever. You listen to them talk about it any time someone mentions about going out. It's slightly frustrating, but it's a huge part of our clubs history and I'm really happy so many people I know got to experience something so unique. Given the disparity of resources the likelyhood of us getting to Europe again is incredibly slim. 

22 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I started going regularly in 2005 and got my first season ticket in 2006. It's honestly like skipping a night out with your pals that turns into one of the best parties ever. You listen to them talk about it any time someone mentions about going out. It's slightly frustrating, but it's a huge part of our clubs history and I'm really happy so many people I know got to experience something so unique. Given the disparity of resources the likelyhood of us getting to Europe again is incredibly slim. 

I started going in the mid 90s, I thought that kind of season was just the normal for Raith. I was quickly disabused of that notion.

In some respects, you got lucky starting going when Rovers were in the toilet.  Kept your expectations reasonable :lol:

2012/13 - Some of the football we played that season was outrageous for the Scottish second tier. We dished out some serious hidings, especially at Firhill. McNamara’s departure and everything about it was gut-wrenching but the unbelievable run we went on after Archibald took over made our success even sweeter. The football was stunning to watch, the atmosphere around the club was fantastic and the days out were very special. Just a brilliant season in every respect 

2001/02 - Back to back promotions and league wins. Lambie at his very best with some really shrewd signings. Some really memorable days out in Ayr, Paisley and Inverness with us regularly taking thousands of away fans. Our last cup run to Hampden too with unforgettable replay wins over Dundee and Inverness.

2000/01. 2nd Division Champions after the hell that was the Save the Jags era. Thistle were on their way back.

2016/17. Started the season abysmally as we often did under Archibald then went on a great run just before Christmas. Ended up sealing a top six finish and we really looked like an established top flight club at last. No more fighting relegation every season, the future was looking very bright indeed.

2015/16. Nothing particularly spectacular happened this season, but we stayed up relatively comfortably and we did enjoy a few memorable last minute wins. I was going to pretty much every away game back then and the social aspect of going to games was brilliant. 

1.  2001/02.  Easily my favourite.  We won the 3rd tier with some memorable wins on the way.  I also moved house that season to within 100 yards of Palmerston, making them feel more like my club than ever.  We had a baby on the way as the season drew to a close and it felt like things were coming together nicely.  A crowd of 6,000 for our final home fixture against Morton felt as unlikely then as it would now.  It was great to support a club that was on the up.

2. 1985/86.  Promotion from the bottom tier to the middle one.  We had a good side.  I was going to games with mates and it was a rare season when you felt confident of winning each week.  Downsides were missing the big April win over Dunfermline as I was on holiday, and failing to win the title by slumping a bit after sealing promotion.

3. 2007/08.  The Cup final season.  Much of it was pretty unmemorable actually.  Indeed, we were in danger of going bottom in December.  However, our good, comparatively expensive side got an act together in the new year.  Every Queens fan will take memories of the cup ties to the grave with them.  An incredible experience that I'd never imagined I would have as a Queens fan.

4.  1981/82. An odd choice this, as we managed to get relegated and were a pretty grim outfit, out of our depth in the middle division.  However, it was my first real season as a regular, going to games with the lads next door.  I'd been to several one off games over the handful of years before this one, but this was the one in which I developed the habit I'm still lumbered with.

5.  2014/15. This was a strong, young Queens side who finished 'best of the rest' behind Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.  Rangers only took 4 points from us, but squeaked past us narrowly in the play-offs.  We did blow a chance in the Cup though, losing a home quarter final to Falkirk who went on to lose the final to ICT.  Despite Dobbie arriving back later, that was probably the last season we had a genuinely good side.

I started going in the mid 90s, I thought that kind of season was just the normal for Raith. I was quickly disabused of that notion.
In some respects, you got lucky starting going when Rovers were in the toilet.  Kept your expectations reasonable :lol:

This.
I started going in 91/92. Had my first season ticket in 92/93.
I just assumed that’s what supporting the Rovers would always be like.

The only part I’d disagree with was that it didn’t really dawn on me for about ten years that we wouldn’t always be fighting for promotion to the top league.

Was a young lad in the 90s so will exclude them.  Slim fucking pickings tbh.  

I have a lot of time for the 2019/20 season.  Was great seeing Mcglynns first side he could call his own after his return, and every game had a bit of a buzz about it.  The young team were superb and just felt like a real connection between the fans and the team. I was gutted the season got curtailed as was convinced we would win the challenge Cup and the league.  The signing of Steven MacLean would have got us over the line.

That said, Mcglynn telling the whole squad that the season was going to finish early, yet Falkirk came to shit fest a draw which cost them promotion in the end, was hilarious.

What always sticks out, strangely, was Regan Hendry spinning the ball on his finger like a Harlem Globetrotter,  whilst the specksy East Fife assistant was incandescent with rage.  Summed that season up.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

2012/13 - Some of the football we played that season was outrageous for the Scottish second tier. We dished out some serious hidings, especially at Firhill. McNamara’s departure and everything about it was gut-wrenching but the unbelievable run we went on after Archibald took over made our success even sweeter. The football was stunning to watch, the atmosphere around the club was fantastic and the days out were very special. Just a brilliant season in every respect 

2001/02 - Back to back promotions and league wins. Lambie at his very best with some really shrewd signings. Some really memorable days out in Ayr, Paisley and Inverness with us regularly taking thousands of away fans. Our last cup run to Hampden too with unforgettable replay wins over Dundee and Inverness.

2000/01. 2nd Division Champions after the hell that was the Save the Jags era. Thistle were on their way back.

2016/17. Started the season abysmally as we often did under Archibald then went on a great run just before Christmas. Ended up sealing a top six finish and we really looked like an established top flight club at last. No more fighting relegation every season, the future was looking very bright indeed.

2015/16. Nothing particularly spectacular happened this season, but we stayed up relatively comfortably and we did enjoy a few memorable last minute wins. I was going to pretty much every away game back then and the social aspect of going to games was brilliant. 

Would agree with all of these but slot in 1992-93 probably at #3. Was the first season in the top flight in my lifetime and getting to go to places like Parkhead (where we won one and drew one that season!), Ibrox, Tynecastle, Easter Road as a wee guy etc was great, especially with hindsight when everywhere except Ibrox and Pittodrie was all still terracing for away fans. Plus we beat Rangers 3-0 to stay up which is a top 5 all time game. 

1994-95 another candidate, we were dead and buried at Christmas and went on a mental run to stay up which was sealed by pumping Celtic 3-1 at their temporary Hampden home. 

Edited by Fuctifano

31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Was a young lad in the 90s so will exclude them.  Slim fucking pickings tbh.  

I have a lot of time for the 2019/20 season.  Was great seeing Mcglynns first side he could call his own after his return, and every game had a bit of a buzz about it.  The young team were superb and just felt like a real connection between the fans and the team. I was gutted the season got curtailed as was convinced we would win the challenge Cup and the league.  The signing of Steven MacLean would have got us over the line.

That said, Mcglynn telling the whole squad that the season was going to finish early, yet Falkirk came to shit fest a draw which cost them promotion in the end, was hilarious.

What always sticks out, strangely, was Regan Hendry spinning the ball on his finger like a Harlem Globetrotter,  whilst the specksy East Fife assistant was incandescent with rage.  Summed that season up.

It really was a strange season that one. I think it helped that McGlynn brought back McGurn and Anderson to the club to help steady the ship - two favourite ex-players who were never going be part of the long term plan but still did a job for us when needed. It just felt like the club were on the right track when Anderson jumped onto the wall in front of the South Stand to celebrate in that 5-2 win over Clyde. That only escalated when we brought home John Baird - he had a cracking track record. As the season went on, we ground out results with the occasional ridiculous slip up. It probably speaks volumes about the financial difference between this level and league one that in one game we had a back line of Grant Anderson, Kieran MacDonald at centre half, Dave McKay and Jamie Watson. Our opponents (Dumbarton) only named 3 subs that day too! 

It's incredible to look at how fine the margins were towards the end. Falkirk really fucked themselves over hiring a couple of rookie managers. Bringing in MacLean was a masterstroke. We went from relying on Baird and Bowie but neither had the physical presence of MacLean who had an unrivalled amount of experience. Instead, they brought in Da Vita who offered them absolutely nothing. 

The Summer offered memes by the barrowload but I don't think I'll ever be able to complain fully about a refereeing decision again. We were deservedly top of the league going into the end of that season, and like you I think we'd have got the job done, but it could've turned out all so differently. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

There has been a lot of shite, the first season I can really remember regularly being at games was 2004/2005 - 8th in what was division two at the time. Surprised I stuck with it tbh. Thankfully, there have been some high points. I've witnessed 4 promotions and they are all unsurprisingly included here.

1. 2017-2018. Until this point I had seen three promotions to the 2nd tier. In each case we had won the playoffs (before returning to league one at the first attempt the best year).

That year, we had built an excellent side for the division. The season started with beating killie at Somerset Park, before topping the LC group and pumping Dundee at Dens in the last 16. The best attacking team I've seen from Ayr, we scored a ridiculous amount of goals. Shankland, Moffat, Moore, Forrest, McDaid, Crawford, Docherty, Kerr, Geggan, Bell, Adams, Rose. What I'd give to have that team back now. We won the league....just. Thought it was gone of course (that's the fucking left back). Winning the title at Somerset was incredible, The celebrations after unforgettable. More than anything, it felt that this promotion was different, that this squad was really capable, and we wouldn't be seeing League 1 again for a while.

2. 2018-2019. I expected us to do better than many expected going into this season but I think even the most optimistic Ayr fan wouldn't have seen the first half of this season coming. We were excellent, we battered teams most weeks and like the previous season, at our best, we were a real joy to watch. Particular highlights were early home wins against partick and dunfermline and scoring 5 away at Cappielow and Tannadice. Obviously the season tailed off around Christmas and our form never recovered, but finishing 4th in the championship after the previous league win was great. Although, there is a definite "what if" factor, especially considering just how good that team was when they played at their best.

3. 2008/2009. We were promoted this season through the playoffs, winning the final away at Airdrie. Again, we had a decent squad that season, and Brian Reid was certainly an improvement on the previous few managers. This was the first time I had watched an Ayr team that had success most weeks and I didn't miss a single home game. This year also included my first ever Ayrshire Derby, a sell out in the rain at Somerset.  In the end, we lost the title to Raith but we eased past Brechin in the play off semi final and found ourselves up against Airdrie to win promotion. 2-0 down at home at HT in the first leg, we fought back to draw and then win 1-0 away with a Stevo winner. Don't think I've celebrated anything like it since, it was the first time I had experienced anything like it. It was Airdrie as well, so that made it sweeter.

4. 2015/2016. Hard to choose between this promotion year and the one that sits at number 5. This takes it on the basis that I remember more of it and it came immediately after the worst I've seen, under Mark Roberts as we struggled to 8th in L1. This was the first full season under McCall, and despite some very patchy form at points we were a decent side when we needed to be. Also, Jamie Adams arrived this year, nuff said. In what is clearly a common theme, despite a good start, we finished behind dunfermline. We did manage to hold onto 2nd place (which at one point looked unlikely), and cruised past Peterhead to play Stranraer in the playoff final. That final was awful and we were very lucky, however it was great to win a promotion at Somerset with a huge crowd.

5. 2010/2011. Like Number 4, this promotion winning squad was nothing on the teams from 1 or 3. We finished miles off of Livingston who won the league, but I still enjoyed the season. Mostly, it was because I really started to get to away games. Before this I would have occasionally made an important away game or cup tie, but this year my Dad/mates were all more up for away days, and I loved it. In truth, I don't think we were very good, but in the end we finished 2nd on 59 points and won the playoffs. The final away at Brechin is still one of my favourite Ayr memories. Moffat's last minute winner sent a huge travelling support wild and he would go on to become a modern Ayr United legend. Some day.

A very play off win heavy shortlist. I sadly didn't get to experience the very early 2000's and the cup runs that went along with it.

Edited by AuAl

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

1.  2001/02.  Easily my favourite.  We won the 3rd tier with some memorable wins on the way.  I also moved house that season to within 100 yards of Palmerston, making them feel more like my club than ever.  We had a baby on the way as the season drew to a close and it felt like things were coming together nicely.  A crowd of 6,000 for our final home fixture against Morton felt as unlikely then as it would now.  It was great to support a club that was on the up.

2. 1985/86.  Promotion from the bottom tier to the middle one.  We had a good side.  I was going to games with mates and it was a rare season when you felt confident of winning each week.  Downsides were missing the big April win over Dunfermline as I was on holiday, and failing to win the title by slumping a bit after sealing promotion.

3. 2007/08.  The Cup final season.  Much of it was pretty unmemorable actually.  Indeed, we were in danger of going bottom in December.  However, our good, comparatively expensive side got an act together in the new year.  Every Queens fan will take memories of the cup ties to the grave with them.  An incredible experience that I'd never imagined I would have as a Queens fan.

4.  1981/82. An odd choice this, as we managed to get relegated and were a pretty grim outfit, out of our depth in the middle division.  However, it was my first real season as a regular, going to games with the lads next door.  I'd been to several one off games over the handful of years before this one, but this was the one in which I developed the habit I'm still lumbered with.

5.  2014/15. This was a strong, young Queens side who finished 'best of the rest' behind Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.  Rangers only took 4 points from us, but squeaked past us narrowly in the play-offs.  We did blow a chance in the Cup though, losing a home quarter final to Falkirk who went on to lose the final to ICT.  Despite Dobbie arriving back later, that was probably the last season we had a genuinely good side.

Great post.

A great deal of that resonates with me. I'll give some thought and post my thoughts in due course.

I'm old so might well include seasons in the 70s, possibly even late 60s 😄

Great idea, although I feel the obvious follow-up “Worst Five Seasons” thread will provide a lot more to choose from.

2003/2004

The best Pars team I’ve seen in person. 4th in the SPL and reached the Scottish Cup final. Beat Celtic at Parkhead and Rangers at EEP - both on TV. Crawford and Brewster a sensational partnership. Nicholson’s solo goal vs Inverness in the semi replay. Was all built on sand but as a young kid, it was incredible to watch.

2010/2011

Went to almost every game that season as we won the title. The title decider vs Rovers is my favourite Pars memory and I still remember feeling like I was floating after Hardie’s free kick. Pitch invasion at Morton and then cuffing Falkirk at EEP on trophy day with 26(!) visiting supporters in attendance.

2015/2016

AJ came in after the JJ/Potter 7th in L1 debacle the previous season. He was given one simple instruction; do exactly what you did with Queens. He did just that, winning the title at an absolute canter, finishing 18 points clear and averaging well over two goals a game. Faiss, Cardle, Paton, Big Ben, Murdoch were all firm fan favourites.

2002/2003

My first ever season ticket as Pars finish 5th in the SPL and reach QF in both cups. We had a couple of terrific wins vs Aberdeen & Hearts on the Beeb and had started the season on fire with some superb performances. Fell away towards the end but we still managed to melt Chris Sutton’s brain on the final day.

2017/2018

A ‘what could have been’ season. We started the campaign strongly but Cardle got injured and we dropped too many points, allowing St Mirren to get too far ahead. A ton of goals from Nicky Clark kept our faint promotion hopes alive, including a scenes inducing late equaliser at Inverness. Should have beaten United in the play-off but missed a glorious chance to go 2-up at Tannadice in the second leg. Cracks had begun to show though and in hindsight, we should have shaken hands with AJ and parted ways that summer. We’ve pretty much been a disaster zone ever since.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

1. 1994/95 - League Cup win and promotion to the Premier on the last day at Firhill. Will never get any better for a Rovers fan. 

2. 1992/1993 - The football that year was amazing, an absolutely joy to watch, finishing in a stroll to the title. Beating Killie 2-0 in a packed Stark’s Park with the Sportscene cameras there a great memory. 

3. 1986/87 - Great challenge in the old second division, finishing in the most dramatic way on the last day down at Stair Park. Hanging on for promotion then invading the pitch. 

4. 1995/96 - Survival in the Premier, but mainly for the European run. Three great trips and magnificent memories. 

5. 2008/09. That run in against Ayr. Just reeling them in and securing promotion at Hampden. Glorious. 

A list heavily influenced by getting promotion or winning something. Favourite seasons where we didn’t go up or win anything were the 2010 McGlynn run, the Ray McKinnon team that lost in the play-offs and last season. All really enjoyable.