Kilmarnock vs Thistle 6th November 2021

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

No excuses. That was shite, we got what we deserved and Thistle were by far the better team without being great shakes themselves.

Thistle's number 10 had a great game, he disny half put himself about, but complained continually to the ref when he felt he was the victim.

Their black centre half (can I say that?) for me was the best player on the pitch, giving nothing away.

The only Killie player deserving pass marks was Rory, again, who never stopped running.

How can we be sitting, supposedly the best team in the league given the table, and appear clueless in so many games.

Special mention to the referee who IMO was absolutely pish, constantly giving strange decisions against both teams, although from where I was sitting he got the first half incident correct (need to see the replay tho, could be totally wrong).

No it is racist, Our resident virtue signaller Jagfox will be along to chin you in a minute.....

38 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

That was our best performance of the season. Better, IMO, than the 6-1 scudding of Hamilton. 

It's a cliche I know, but the first goal for us is of massive importance. 

It means that we can play on the counter attack and we've got the players and the pace to do that. It can be exhilarating to watch at times. We could easily have been 3 up at the break. 

We have problems when games became a bit of a battle of attrition as was the case at Cappielow. 

It's helping that we are looking very solid at the back. One goal conceded in the last six league games. At the start of the season I honestly couldn't have seen me trotting that stat out early in November. 

There was a bit of Killie pressure late on and one heart stopping moment but in truth I don't think we ever looked like not winning. 

Rudden was outstanding. I'll need to delete comments made last season. He'll not be a Thistle player next season. There were excellent performances right through the team. Today we looked like proper title contenders after looking distinctly mid table in recent weeks. 

Keep winning on these plastic pitches these days, maybe we should install one? 

The change in formation should have probably happened a couple of weeks ago, or at least after the Dunfermline result. Rudden seemed to excel with the added responsibility of leading the line and Turner/Smith fit into the team much more neatly. There's still a place for starting Graham and Rudden together to steamroller dross like Hamilton and Morton, but against the better teams we'll need more than brute force and a pacy winger.

3 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

As punishment for getting pumped today and generally being a tractor driving rabble, you have to keep @Big Jocks Chewin The Fat

And here is his pal, another of my fans. Wonder when the 3rd stoogie will arrive.

Edited by Big Jocks Chewin The Fat

Tend to agree with other posters, if Rudden can keep consistency of goal ratio and performance levels I’ll be very surprised if he’s playing with us or at this level next season. 

Another solid performance from the Back 4 & GK who I think have really benefited from continuity in selection, shame Mayo is away on Scotland duty next weekend though.