Kilmarnock vs Thistle 6th November 2021

Watched this a dozen times and still keep changing my mind over whether Rudden trips over his own feet or the defender gets the slightest nick on his heel. I can see why the ref thought it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity, though the still picture here makes it look less so as he's already on way down. Borderline I think is a fair assessment. 

Screenshot_20211106-222153_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Watched this a dozen times and still keep changing my mind over whether Rudden trips over his own feet or the defender gets the slightest nick on his heel. I can see why the ref thought it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity, though the still picture here makes it look less so as he's already on way down. Borderline I think is a fair assessment. 

Screenshot_20211106-222153_Chrome.jpg

Defender knew what he was doing, ran across his heels, slightest nick takes him down. 

Where's the defender running to? Why run to that side when there are already two over there?

Edited by dagenum

Can't tell if the goal should have been ruled out for offside as the left back was not in the picture. Going by his non-reaction could suggest he knew he played Rudden on but that could be my own bias.

As for the other incident, it should have been a sending off. The ref made the decision that a foul was committed so it doesn't matter if Rudden clipped his own heels without contact from the defender or not. I don't buy into the argument that there was a covering defender  coming across as the one that was chasing Rudden got to the point where Rudden would have been in a place to shoot from before he did. The only thing the ref should have considered was if there was a genuine effort to play the ball which it clearly wasn't. 

Of course it doesn't really matter now but it would have been good to see Tommy Wright blow a gasket.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It sums up this league that we've mostly been shite yet are still top and will probably win it even if we don't get better. With our budget we should be miles ahead already.

I don't think any team is capable of running away with it.

Last week v ICT was the first time I've actually thought a team looked a lot better than us yet they've not won in four games.

Killie are obviously favourites but I reckon if Thistle stay in touch until turn of the year we have a chance.

15 hours ago, Partick Monkey said:

4 consecutive clean sheets for Sneddon!

Helped by a solid defence in front of him of course but none have contributed as much as him.

Hopefully fans can finally accept we have a pretty good young keeper.

I have genuinely never understood how folk can get so raging about timewasting when you know fine well your own team would do the exact same thing.

The ref was utterly hopeless at dealing with it though, I don't mind him not dishing out the cards as long as he actually adds the time on at the end, but he didn't do that either. Just a total wetwipe and pushover of a ref in general.

23 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I've been to Rugby Park and hear the cheers from the home fans when they announced the Rangers winning FT score over the tannoy.

I’ve been going since I was 5, and I am now 53, and have never heard that. So bollocks.

8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

e88298f75f19b598b2eba0c336611f9c.png

I don’t vote for him so not sticking up for him. But Patrick tried to frustrate as soon as they went ahead and there was some time wasting, so no lies there. It’s not the reason you won though, I’ll say that for definite.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Not even worth a response TBF. Correct. Utter bollocks.

You are right Hawkeye but for some outsiders I’ll say things. Some Patrick fans ( not all as most are good), think because they have evaded having attached themselves to the old old firm whilst living in Glasgow/Strathclyde that they have the moral sectarian superiority over very one else.

It extends to calling everyone either **** or **** - there is a hyprocasy there.  Most people see it. The only teams I hear calling Killie **** or Tim’s are the **** or Tim’s  themselves - excuse the words. Except Partick. No one else even hints at it seriously.

I don't think any team is capable of running away with it.
Last week v ICT was the first time I've actually thought a team looked a lot better than us yet they've not won in four games.
Killie are obviously favourites but I reckon if Thistle stay in touch until turn of the year we have a chance.

Why do all the opposition supporters think we will win the league when we play so poorly against them. I wish I had their confidence.

6 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Why do all the opposition supporters think we will win the league when we play so poorly against them. I wish I had their confidence.

Because you’ve been largely total pish and are still top of the table. Eventually you’ll start playing well, presumably, and absolutely canter the league.