Kilmarnock vs Thistle 6th November 2021

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

A 1-0 Thistle win at Rugby Park, its like its 1981 or something. 

4 points out of 6 from Inverness and Killie is a very good return and we've finally beaten a top half team. 

Balanced by the 2 points from 6 in the previous games against the Pars and Morton. That's typical Thistle inconsistency! 

Defensively, we're fine now that the players are in their best positions. It's hard to understand why it took Bunter and Archie so long to work that out.

Just now, Partick Monkey said:

4 consecutive clean sheets for Sneddon!

And well earned clean sheets by him as well. I’ve been critical of him over the last few years (as have many), but he’s been excellent since that howler up in Inverness. A prolonged run in the team seems to have given him more confidence.

That was far more comfortable than expected. Killie had plenty of the ball but it wasn’t the late bombardment I was expecting towards the end of the game. As mentioned by others, Rudden was excellent. No chance he’ll be playing for us next year unless we somehow fluke our way up through the playoffs.

Some angry Killie fans in the Main Stand but one shout in particular baffled me. 

As Naismith failed to ping a 60 yard pass over the top of the Thistle defence onto the toes of Shaw up went the frustrated cry of;

"You couldn't spot a forward pass in a brothel". 

Which begs the question, what precisely goes on in an Ayrshire brothel? 

No excuses. That was shite, we got what we deserved and Thistle were by far the better team without being great shakes themselves.

Thistle's number 10 had a great game, he disny half put himself about, but complained continually to the ref when he felt he was the victim.

Their black centre half (can I say that?) for me was the best player on the pitch, giving nothing away.

The only Killie player deserving pass marks was Rory, again, who never stopped running.

How can we be sitting, supposedly the best team in the league given the table, and appear clueless in so many games.

Special mention to the referee who IMO was absolutely pish, constantly giving strange decisions against both teams, although from where I was sitting he got the first half incident correct (need to see the replay tho, could be totally wrong).

1 minute ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

No excuses. That was shite, we got what we deserved and Thistle were by far the better team without being great shakes themselves.

Thistle's number 10 had a great game, he disny half put himself about, but complained continually to the ref when he felt he was the victim.

Their black centre half (can I say that?) for me was the best player on the pitch, giving nothing away.

The only Killie player deserving pass marks was Rory, again, who never stopped running.

How can we be sitting, supposedly the best team in the league given the table, and appear clueless in so many games.

Special mention to the referee who IMO was absolutely pish, constantly giving strange decisions against both teams, although from where I was sitting he got the first half incident correct (need to see the replay tho, could be totally wrong).

Yip, we need to get Akinola and Rudden on longer contracts!

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The patter from the Thistle fans has been exceptionally low grade this evening, I expected better.

Truth hurts eh? Hullo Hullo....Scum the lot of you! Least you have a second chance tomorrow with your big team eh!
1548935453_Screenshot2021-11-06184931.png.5e17bf44fe8d524319d81ed260c44b43.png

Edited by Big Jocks Chewin The Fat

Great result to get things back on track. 

Zak Rudden was immense and Sneddon did what he had to too.

Good change of formation by McCall.

Killie still lack an obvious creative force barring the cameo from Burke. 

They will still grind there way to the league title.

Anyway a good night to be a Jags fan.

That was our best performance of the season. Better, IMO, than the 6-1 scudding of Hamilton. 

It's a cliche I know, but the first goal for us is of massive importance. 

It means that we can play on the counter attack and we've got the players and the pace to do that. It can be exhilarating to watch at times. We could easily have been 3 up at the break. 

We have problems when games became a bit of a battle of attrition as was the case at Cappielow. 

It's helping that we are looking very solid at the back. One goal conceded in the last six league games. At the start of the season I honestly couldn't have seen me trotting that stat out early in November. 

There was a bit of Killie pressure late on and one heart stopping moment but in truth I don't think we ever looked like not winning. 

Rudden was outstanding. I'll need to delete comments made last season. He'll not be a Thistle player next season. There were excellent performances right through the team. Today we looked like proper title contenders after looking distinctly mid table in recent weeks.