Kilmarnock vs Thistle 6th November 2021

The thought of those red and yellow strips at Rugby Park always fills me with dread.

Through the 70’s and 80’s we just knew we would lose to a late goal, be it Jimmy Bone, Doug Somner, Colin McAdam or that wee Shiite that could jump 7 feet high Johnston it was always probable. 
possible  worst memory was the Cup tie that went to three games, and ended 1-0 to Thistle eventually if my memory serves me right.

So,,,,,,,, Thistle, just behave yourselves on Saturday, let us win and we promise to beat everyone else to help you get to the play offs. ..Deal! 

On 02/11/2021 at 16:28, Squirrelhumper said:

Fixed that for you mate, obviously a typo. 

Depends how you measure success - sure, Killie have a league title and more Scottish cups, but we’ve won every single edition of Scottish football’s premier competition, the Tennents sixes, since 1993. I know which one I’d rather. 

43 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Depends how you measure success - sure, Killie have a league title and more Scottish cups, but we’ve won every single edition of Scottish football’s premier competition, the Tennents sixes, since 1993. I know which one I’d rather. 

Always was envious of you in that tbf!

22 hours ago, DuntoiRab said:

re: winning streaks home and away,

I don't miss Aberdeen  

one

little

bit

The sight of those red jerseys is enough to make me shiver. The horror... The horror...

Anyway, all sheep-related matters aside I'm quite looking forward to this game. Seems both teams are coming into it in very different veins of form with us on a high after 9 points in 8 days, while Thistle are looking to pick things up again. Hoping for a good, vocal Thistle crowd in the Chadwick and a good home support too after last Saturday's 4-0 win. 

I'd also like to express my fondness for that particular club we're playing - I get why fans of both clubs had a sort-of rivalry in the past but now I don't see any reason for it. We both hate the old filth and that's fine with me.

We played Partick at home I reckon it must’ve been 2016-17. Possibly a year or two before that but anyway it was when we were in the real depths of despair under Gary Locke or Lee Clark I can’t remember.

Anyway I got held up at work and ended up not getting parked until about 2.55. I was walking up Dundonald Road listening to sportsound and Partick must’ve scored after about 5 mins and I hadn’t got to the ground yet.  I just said f**k this and turned back to the car. Think we lost 5-2.

Edited by Sortmeout

16 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

We played Partick at home I reckon it must’ve been 2016-17. Possibly a year or two before that but anyway it was when we were in the real depths of despair under Gary Locke or Lee Clark I can’t remember.

Anyway I got held up at work and ended up not getting parked until about 2.55. I was walking up Dundonald Road listening to sportsound and Partick must’ve scored after about 5 mins and I hadn’t got to the ground yet.  I just said f**k this and turned back to the car. Think we lost 5-2.

Was at that game, horrendous performance.

One of the few times i've seen home fans applauding an opposition player. Robbie muirhead scored a belter