Next Pars manager poll

Next manager of Dunfermline Athletic Football Club  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd be very surprised if Robbo took it.  Given he's seemingly happy in the Sporting Director role with The Caley. If he wanted to be a manager I'm fairly certain he would still be ours.  

16 hours ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Anyone know if Craig Levein still lives in Crossford? A few people saying they’ve “heard” that he’s got an interview but can’t see it actually reported on anywhere so presumably just hearsay 

When Levein (briefly) managed the Rovers - just before McGlynn came in and Levein went to Dundee United - within a couple of weeks you could visibly see the difference he made in setting up a team. He’d probably be a good appointment.

21 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
49 minutes ago, 101 said:
Mcbookie seem to change price if anyone puts more than £20 in a candidate.

Aye they bumped Grant down from 16s to 8s when I put a score on him in the Summer

They literally just look at here and probably .net which is why McInnes and McKinnon are both 20/1 

3 minutes ago, thisisfootball said:

Got it from a good source that Stirling have been approached and Rutkiewicz is meeting the Pars board tomorrow, obv not the top target but they are starting to speak to candidates

You paying for him on a directors credit card this time?

Mark Fotheringham is a massive, massive gamble that we can’t afford to take. I’d rather have Yogi, Rice, McIntyre et al than someone taking on their first proper managerial job. We are in a relegation battle now with QotS and Morton. We’ve pulled the trigger before them two, with a superior pool of players, so you hope this is giving us the edge. We need someone that has the experience of galvanising a team, but it won’t be easy even with this crop of players, because they are winless and morale/confidence must be lower than a Kirkcaldy burd’s knickers.

Mark Fotheringham is a massive, massive gamble that we can’t afford to take. I’d rather have Yogi, Rice, McIntyre et al than someone taking on their first proper managerial job. We are in a relegation battle now with QotS and Morton. We’ve pulled the trigger before them two, with a superior pool of players, so you hope this is giving us the edge. We need someone that has the experience of galvanising a team, but it won’t be easy even with this crop of players, because they are winless and morale/confidence must be lower than a Kirkcaldy burd’s knickers.
Completely agree. This appointment needs some pragmatism.

If Levein is interested in the job, and the Dunfermline fans rate the guy, I think he could be a good appointment.

It was a mystery why Grant was even considered for the DAFC managers job, that appointment had many scratching their heads. [similar to the Gary Cauldwell appointment at PTFC]

I hope the pars come back from this awful season, they deserved better than Grant, and I think Levein with the football brain he has, could be a fine replacement.

44 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

How Dare You Greta GIF

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

You paying for him on a directors credit card this time?

Store card this time mate. Failing that we have Frank William Abagnle Jnr or a retainer so financing a deal won't be an issue.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Please go for Yogi.

Got it from a good source that Stirling have been approached and Rutkiewicz is meeting the Pars board tomorrow, obv not the top target but they are starting to speak to candidates

If true, I’m happy enough with that. As you say, he won’t be the top target. But it’s good news that we seem to be interviewing multiple candidates and considering all options. If he makes a good impression and doesn’t get the job this time, it means that if he continues to do well, he will be on our radar for future appointments.

Unfortunately, I feel like experience is very important in the immediate future, due to the position we find ourselves in. If someone doesn’t know the championship/hasn’t proven they’re capable of being successful at this level (or above), then this isn’t the time to be taking that sort of gamble. Of course, if someone like Rutkiewicz or Petrie blow other applicants out of the water with their knowledge/understanding of the game and their vision, then I’m all for that and will give them time.

Grant was never going to be given time. Not because he wasn’t who anyone wanted, but because he and the chairman immediately spoke about aiming for the title, before leading us rock bottom of the league. He could have finished the last 2/3 of the season strongly and finished 6th, but he couldn’t have hit his objective for the season. We didn’t need to be patient to see that. One of the most important things when we appoint someone, is to be realistic with what you are telling fans we are aiming for. This season, we have to be honest and say we’re trying to start winning games, get ourselves to safety and then finish as high as possible, before building for the future. Managing expectations of the fans is very important, if you want to get them onside.

I’d be concerned if we gave the job to Rutkiewicz tbh. Nothing against the guy, it’d just be another uninspired and unambitious appointment.