Queens v Raith

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

There’s no argument. We have the best goalkeeper in the division. 

Yes, you do. He shouldn't be in this division. He's still capable of playing a level up and the only reason you've not clearly had the best keeper in the division for two seasons is that Craig Gordon somehow found himself at this level last season.

Outstanding keeper, though his kicking isn't great.

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Off the field, the farce of fans having to walk across the red zone and into the home end to get to the pie stand. What’s that about?

A work around solution to a one off problem when we had an unexpected matchday shortage of catering staff. It's not usually like that. Apologies. It was that or no food for the away fans. Lesser of two evils.

A work around solution to a one off problem when we had an unexpected matchday shortage of catering staff. It's not usually like that. Apologies. It was that or no food for the away fans. Lesser of two evils.

Fair enough. Not as if it caused any aggro as well. These things happen at clubs at this level. 1st time at palmerston today, no bad which is more than i can say for the rovers performance. Our midfield were missing for most of that game.

Not sure why he's complaining about that. I thought he went in high. Would need to see it again but any contact with the face is taking a big chance.

Definitely. I was expecting red, It did look like he had put his hand in his face as he jumped.

44 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough. I was probably just grumpy as I left it too long and missed out on the chips! 

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Also don’t want to be too critical as I know from experience Dumfries can be a messy day out. But some of the support were on the verge of embarrassing themselves at 1-0 down, no need at all for booing mistakes or sarcastic cheers when Tait was subbed off. Aside from those 10 mins, the usual great support away from Starks.

Mentioned earlier that I didn't watch today, but I've definitely noticed this more since fans have been allowed back in. Some of our support are fucking horrendous for slaughtering the players. At 2-0 up against Ayr, our support were right into slaughtering the players because they didn't start the second half well. You'll get smart arses shouting to Tait to "f**k off to Easter Road already". The lad is only in his third professional season and you've people shouting shit like that because he's had the cheek to move on to one of the biggest clubs in the country and doesn't meet their standards. 

I understand why folk get frustrated at the football but this country has a fucking horrific football culture of slaughtering players for making mistakes. I've no issue with folk saying to their mates that someone has been shite, or criticising players who have left the club when they've been utterly rotten. But if they're out playing for the club, I can't imagine how brutal it must be to have some clown giving you grief because you misjudge a pass. 

23 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Forgot about the Tait stuff. Heard a few comments shouted about Hibs at him during the game. No need 

It’s just so fucking lazy. He’s 19 years old, he isn’t going to have a great game every week, he is going to make mistakes. It doesn’t automatically mean his heart isn’t in it, or that he’d rather be away. Folk just love a moan. 

I feel sorry for Tait.  He's been put in a situation where he's now a Hibs player, he's at Hibs during the week, is going back there in January and with a view to trying to get into their first team.  That's all happened whilst trying to play week in week out for a team that have their own ambitions this season.

That's a hell of a lot for a 19 year old.  I do personally think that his performances have suffered as a result, and part of me does think that the best course of action for all involved will be a clean break in January.  We are a team that at this moment, are in a title battle at the end of the day.  I have this horrible feeling we will leave ourselves in limbo trying to get him back on loan throughout January.

It's part of the reason I'm annoyed about the whole situation.  Our best young talent in years is seeing his time at the club fizzle out in this weird situation where he isn't our player anymore,  and everyone is losing out as a result.

Edited by CALDERON

4 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

bbc giving the crowd as 964?always remember queens having a decent support,what’s happened?

Not being on a good run I suspect. Also think that COVID is still putting some folk off. Rover’s home attendances have also been lower than usual this season I think. 

bbc giving the crowd as 964?always remember queens having a decent support,what’s happened?

Shit performances and the fan base being treated with contempt are probably the big two. As I said earlier in the week, QoS fans tend to be quite forgiving with their words towards poor players and management. But sadly they do their talking by walking.

Read elsewhere there were 400 streaming which makes it (slightly) more acceptable. 
Couldn’t make game at all, but per highlights that was another case of points dropped. Just glad we played well, offers some hope.

5 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

Poor football to watch (today was an exception) 

Frustration at a Manager unable to motivate players or change things when his only plan doesn't work (again) 

The Manager shoe-horning his son into the team thus weakening it ( again today was an exeption, his best game so far by a mile in a different position) 

Poor football to watch

Weather, obviously, and the fact that a good quality stream is available 

Did I mention the usual poor standard of football? 

Some people still wary of  crowd meetings because of Covid

A general malaise amongst the support at the general state of the club who can see no sign of improvement or plan for the future with a team and club  which is continually fighting at the wrong end of the table. Having to rebuild a a quad every year doesn't help. 

Mainly its the shite football. 

The best thing about the Queens goal is the way Gibson takes the ball of Zanatta in the corner!

The Raith equaliser is a bit of a defensive disaster and its hugely frustrating to get undone by a simple long ball again. The midfield press but dont actually put pressure on the ball, McKay gets caught under the ball, Debayo end up out of position and doesnt win the ball, Nditi is somewhere in midfield and no one tracks Connollys run.