Queens v Raith

Given the amount of chances we created I suppose we should have won. But I look at it more that if you create as many guilt edged chances and that and only take one then you get exactly what you deserve if you fail to win.

After the shite we've been dished up over the past few weeks I should be over the moon with today's but I just feel deflated that we've only managed a point. It absolutely screams relegation fodder.

Nothing much AJ can do about us failing to take the chances and the players take the blame tonight. His first two subs baffled me though. Johnston easily having his best game for us gets hooked and yet again our biggest goal threat is replaced. Mental.

Jamie Mac outstanding once again. Good to see him receive another good reception.

A lot of decent individual performances for us today and a couple of dodgy ones as well. Would have taken a point beforehand so should be grateful for that I suppose.

Thought Tom Lang was immense again he had a hard task marking Cameron who  I would love to have at the Rovers I mind him when on loan to Stranraer, To many players off there game thought Tumilty was way off it considering he let Paton in for 2 of the best chances of the game in the first half , spencer didn’t look fit and Tait was way off it but on the grand scheme of things probably got queens at a bad time with them losing the last 2 games and knowing they had to win to keep away from Dunfermline take a lucky point in the end and our unbeaten record continues

37 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Should have been out of sight - terrible game management yet again. Sitting deep, inviting trouble and the inevitable happens.

Under Johnston, when we have scored first, we’ve had a 45.5% chance of dropping points (50% chance this season).
When we’ve conceded first, we’ve have a 6.5% chance of gaining points (0% chance this season).

Thought Tom Lang was immense again he had a hard task marking Cameron who  I would love to have at the Rovers I mind him when on loan to Stranraer, To many players off there game thought Tumilty was way off it considering he let Paton in for 2 of the best chances of the game in the first half , spencer didn’t look fit and Tait was way off it but on the grand scheme of things probably got queens at a bad time with them losing the last 2 games and knowing they had to win to keep away from Dunfermline take a lucky point in the end and our unbeaten record continues

I wish I saw him through your eyes. He certainly put himself about more today but I like strikers who carry even an ounce of a goal threat.

Immensely frustrating. Hideously poor game management from us after going a goal up. Debayo losses the first ball which happens, but Aidan Connelly is in acres of space when the ball comes to him - poor. Need to be much more clinical in front of goal. Puts us down to second bottom which we’ve been lucky to avoid before now. 

There were plenty of positives though. It is probably one of our best performances of the season. Thought Cameron as I said played well, although he needs a goal soon. McGrory excellent for the most part and Johnston played very well. Gibson close to being back to his best. Passed the ball well at times and our first goal was a really well worked goal. Fantastic passes from Paton and Connelly and great finish from Johnston.

Hope this gives us something to build on and Johnston has have stumbled on a formula that might work. 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wish I saw him through your eyes. He certainly put himself about more today but I like strikers who carry even an ounce of a goal threat.

Well, we are kinda the same. Varian is useful, and did well to set up the goal but neither him or Poplatnik ever get goal facing in a dangerous situation.

Thought we might kick on and nick it after the equaliser, but happy and relieved to take a point.

Typical Championship football - anyone capable of being better than anyone else on their day - Queens looked much more like the team sitting near the top and on a decent unbeaten run today.

The fact we have won one of our last four and find ourselves closer to the top of the league than at any time since the opening day bears that out.

Sounds like a bit of a horror show but good to see us once again come from behind for a point while playing poorly away from home. 

Matthews starting on the bench seems a bizarre move on the face of it. He absolutely should be starting every week. 

Nothing new to add, but I'll add it anyway.

After our missed chances in the first half, defeat felt inevitable at half time. 

It was frustrating that we suddenly got so deep after scoring.  That's not entirely down to us of course, but we do sink into it too readily.

It was a fairly enjoyable afternoon though.  Great to have the main stand open and we did play quite well for much of it.  However, it was definitely points dropped and we can't really afford that.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can only comment on what I’ve seen of Cameron , I would be more concerned with the boy Paton he’s dugmeat

I can only comment on what I’ve seen of Cameron , I would be more concerned with the boy Paton he’s dugmeat
Aye he tries hard and seems to be being played out of position, in his defence, but I'm not overly impressed with him out there. He was involved in the goal tbf.

Hopefully he gets some boots with studs for the next game as well. Lost count the amount of times he fell over.

Have to give great credit to Queen's, they are the only team who have stopped us from playing our natural passing game, both times they have closed us down very quickly and were very unlucky not to take all 3 points today. As has been said, outstanding display by Jamie McDonald, that said your finishing was nothing short of woeful.