Queens v Raith

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

I remain entirely unconvinced by Ethon Varian as a lone striker. 

He is effective in the position, but not in the execution of our goal of scoring. Two up top seems better suited to him, but we do love the Connolly/Zanatta from the edges.

Should really be positive after that half. It's been our best showing for weeks and we probably had more chances there alone than the last 2/3 games combined. We've gave Raith one goalscoring chance that was well saved by Brynn.

To be going in at 0-0 is really quite depressing. You can't help but think Raith are capable of upping their game and it has a big feeling of "if we took our chances..." about it.

On another note, Johnston has easily had his best game for us and if AJ insists on playing him it should be there from now on. Gibson back to where he belongs also. Can't help but think Cameron is a waste of a wage; I'm not seeing him bringing anything that Junior doesn't.

Hopefully see Matthews on at some point as the midfield has looked disjointed with him.

I like Varian but Poplatnik should be starting. He is better bringing people into the game and is a more intelligent player. 

Agree with all of this.

Should really be positive after that half. It's been our best showing for weeks and we probably had more chances there alone than the last 2/3 games combined. We've gave Raith one goalscoring chance that was well saved by Brynn.

To be going in at 0-0 is really quite depressing. You can't help but think Raith are capable of upping their game and it has a big feeling of "if we took our chances..." about it.

On another note, Johnston has easily had his best game for us and if AJ insists on playing him it should be there from now on. Gibson back to where he belongs also. Can't help but think Cameron is a waste of a wage; I'm not seeing him bringing anything that Junior doesn't.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't help but think Cameron is a waste of a wage; I'm not seeing him bringing anything that Junior doesn't.

Agree with the rest of that post, apart from this.

I think it’s been Cameron’s best game for us. It’s pissing me off that like Junior he’s not converting chances, but he’s laid balls off well, ran the channels and won balls in the air. It was an excellent run and weight of pass for Paton who I can’t believe put that chance wide. 

Fear we’ll get beat and this will be another hard luck story. Raith started to come back into it and we retreated back to our own 18 yard box last 5 minutes. 

I think we can kick on in the 2nd half with the wind behind us, would expect to see the flake come on for 25-30 minutes, also RM possibly for Tait, Frankie for all the time he has been out has put in a decent shift in the first 45, long may it continue

Agree with the rest of that post, apart from this.
I think it’s been Cameron’s best game for us. It’s pissing me off that like Junior he’s not converting chances, but he’s laid balls off well, ran the channels and won balls in the air. It was an excellent run and weight of pass for Paton who I can’t believe put that chance wide. 
Fear we’ll get beat and this will be another hard luck story. Raith started to come back into it and we retreated back to our own 18 yard box last 5 minutes. 

I won't argue it's been his best game for us. I'd agree. But as I say, I've not seen anything from him that Junior doesn't give us. They are almost identical players but I'd say Junior harasses the defence more.

Yes, best Queens have played in ages. Players being played in their preferred positions always helps. Back four helps but feel a bit sorry for Nditi being pushed out to left back. MJ and IC having their best games for us so far.