Queens v Raith

Cheers mate, much appreciated! If anyone is able to confirm re: the Devorgilla, that would be great cheers (or recommend an alternative if needed!).
Good to know about the Morrisons, cheers (although does that have a cold fridge?). Thanks for the nod about Scotrail, too!

No Bucky in Morrison’s either [emoji6]

On 31/10/2021 at 16:53, Monkey Tennis said:

Will the main stand finally be open for this one?

It's feeling like a deal breaker.

Only open to players, so still a red neck zone.

26 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

What's Wetherspoons like in Dumfries?

3.9 out of 5 on reviews, as most say it's Weltherspoons so always a bit hit and miss. It's been  ok anytime I've been there. Cavens Arms at the other end of Buccleuch St has a good rep for food. Could be busy. Don't know if they still operate a "no children" policy if that's relevant. 

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Only open to players, so still a red neck zone.

I need to edit my initial post here.  According to SD on our club thread, the stand will be open and the OS will be updated.  Hurrah!

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

f**k me! The Globe off the High Street has disappeared up it's own arse since I was last there.

The McKerrows who had it for years (really nice folk) sold it to some distillery a couple of years ago.

I hope you're not going to attempt to emulate Rabbie and woo the barmaid upstairs.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

The McKerrows who had it for years (really nice folk) sold it to some distillery a couple of years ago.

I hope you're not going to attempt to emulate Rabbie and woo the barmaid upstairs.

I was offered the menus on entering the premises, they could have issued a ransom demand for all I was concerned, f**k those prices. 

Funnily enough I noticed that the new owners had installed a dumb waiter on the premises, as I moved on to the next bar this took a turn.

I ordered at the Granary and was reading my Kindle awaiting my meal only to find they had a dumber waiter, the c**t fucking swept aside  my digital reader with the plate to proclaim 'here is your meal'

Dumfries has gone down hill I tell you.

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I was offered the menus on entering the premises, they could have issued a ransom demand for all I was concerned, f**k those prices. 

Funnily enough I noticed that the new owners had installed a dumb waiter on the premises, as I moved on to the next bar this took a turn.

I ordered at the Granary and was reading my Kindle awaiting my meal only to find they had a dumber waiter, the c**t fucking swept aside  my digital reader with the plate to proclaim 'here is your meal'

Choosing to eat in the Granary is on you, not Dumfries

7 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Choosing to eat in the Granary is on you, not Dumfries

My first choice The Pearl Palace was takeaway only which was regrettable as pre Covid it was always decent. 

I had a wander and the Granary was chosen as a necessity as I don't go for a night out only to nom chips and curry sauce sitting on some random bench. 

9 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I was in Dumfries very recently and went to Bruno’s (Italian place) and it was good. There’s a pub across the road from It too. The decor in the pub will give you something to talk about and it is cheap as cheap chips for a round.

Check the lighting and guess how many pool tables there used to be.

Edited by Scary Bear

13 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

f**k me! The Globe off the High Street has disappeared up it's own arse since I was last there.

As Rabbie might say if he came back now:

The Globe was aye a haunt o' mine

For drink wi freens an food plain but fine

But since the new fowk hae took ower 

The portions an prices wid mhak ye glower

It's gone upmarket but doonhill fast 

Cheap n cheery is in the past

It's nae wonder locals noo give it a miss

They grasping c**ts are takin'the piss. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

11 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

My first choice The Pearl Palace was takeaway only which was regrettable as pre Covid it was always decent. 

I had a wander and the Granary was chosen as a necessity as I don't go for a night out only to nom chips and curry sauce sitting on some random bench. 

By had a wander, you mean stumbled into the first place I found ;) 

You are right, though, the town has gone downhill with a lot of eateries closing over the lockdown. I cant imagine Dumfries is unique in that though.

Theres still a few decent places, down Bank Street and Cavens. Theres also a couple of Chinese restaurants the other end of the High Street that are definitely still open, although Im not sure if they are also take-away only.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I was in Dumfries very recently and went to Bruno’s (Italian place) and it was good. There’s a pub across the road from It too. The decor in the pub will give you something to talk about and it is cheap as cheap chips for a round.

Check the lighting and guess how many pool tables there used to be.

That pub is, or at least was, owned by a big Queens fan.

Had originally planned to go to the pub and watch Jeff Stelling call the goals whilst watching my coupon fade away to £0.00.

Given the shitty weather have decided to stay at home and purchase the stream, hopefully we can continue our good record at Palmerston, was always one of my favourite away days, just don't get to many away games as I used to. COYR

Johnston at fault for three Kilmarnock goals last week and starts. I don't think there's any danger AJ is "clueless" about how little he contributes - just has no shame protecting his boy over doing what's best for the club. 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel