Queens v Raith

13 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

.... made me chuckle amidst the gloom, take a bow sir! 👌👍

18 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Do they accept cheques at the turnstile?

17 hours ago, embow said:

I'm sure all nationalities will be welcome.🙄

A wee bit reminiscent of the Chic Murray joke when he saw a man with a long stick on his shoulder. "Are you a pole vaulter? No I'm German but how did you know my name was Vaulter?"

Boom! Boom! 😊

3 hours ago, embow said:

A wee bit reminiscent of the Chic Murray joke when he saw a man with a long stick on his shoulder. "Are you a pole vaulter? No I'm German but how did you know my name was Vaulter?"

Boom! Boom! 😊

Brilliant, Chic Murray ..... legend! 👍

22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even if we can offer change, it's bloody cheeky (as well as humiliating) to ask that people bring the correct money to speed things up.  

Accepting card payments, as even basic market stalls can do, would speed things up more.  

Brought a mate to a game, pre pandemic. Went to get his ticket in the arena, wanted to pay by card but was told by the wee fella (George?), it was to slow and he preferred cash. Never mind the customer eh?

Going to the game on Saturday the first time I have been to Palmerston since the early 1970's when you used to be able to  change ends at half-time and have a wee blether or something with the Queens supporters as you passed each other at the back of a stand. Happy days a wee bit of fun and I think we won as well. 🤔

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Going to the game on Saturday the first time I have been to Palmerston since the early 1970's when you used to be able to  change ends at half-time and have a wee blether or something with the Queens supporters as you passed each other at the back of a stand. Happy days a wee bit of fun and I think we won as well. 🤔

Happy days.  The "Stand" you talk about was the old Cooshed  covered terrace. That's gone, replaced by the East Stand, which is where you'll be located.  Apart from that side of the ground nothing much has drastically changed within the actual stadium. Enjoy your visit, but hopefully not the result. 

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I've noticed there's a pub called the Imperial near the Mid Steeple, is this new? I've never seen it before.

It's named after the Imperial which used to be upstairs from where it is now but has been closed a long time. The new Imperial Sports Bar is on the site of a former Farmfoods store and I'm sure it's opening was either delayed by the first Covid lockdown or it had just opened before that and had to close down again. Open for business now though and quite popular I've heard. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's named after the Imperial which used to be upstairs from where it is now but has been closed a long time. The new Imperial Sports Bar is on the site of a former Farmfoods store and I'm sure it's opening was either delayed by the first Covid lockdown or it had just opened before that and had to close down again. Open for business now though and quite popular I've heard. 

Thanks, I'll be ticking this off on my visit this weekend.

19QOS19 if I'm still here in 50 years time I'll let you buy me a pint. Ill be about 120 then.[emoji3060]

I actually thought you were a QoS fan [emoji38] You must have a similar name to someone who sometimes posts in our topic.

52 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Please note - no football colours allowed. 

Aye, forgot about that bit in my post or wasn't sure. I'm not even sure if it's a sports bar either. Well seen I'm out of touch with modern Dumfries hostelries although I did frequent the old Imperial back in the day. 

13 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Did you do a spot of painting while you were there? I think they've been waiting on you coming back. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Did you do a spot of painting while you were there? I think they've been waiting on you coming back. 

If he dropped a fag packet or sweetie wrapper it's probably still there. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I actually thought you were a QoS fan emoji38.png You must have a similar name to someone who sometimes posts in our topic.

I think that particular poster had changed his username to" Mince, -no gravy" to keep it relavant to our current form. 

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If he dropped a fag packet or sweetie wrapper it's probably still there. 

I think that particular poster had changed his username to" Mince, -no gravy" to keep it relavant to our current form. 

Sounds like he has a “ground beef”, to murder an Americanism.

Well, back to the match. Looks like Queens gets the gift of a hodge-podge back line for this one, with only Tumilty and Berra from our preferred starters and Lang in for Bene, quite capably I might mention. We have a potential gapping hole at LB, with likely either a very young player at his natural position or a returning player, who hasn’t seen action in seven months, at a somewhat unnatural position for him. Add to that the missing Spencer in the middle, and it may get interesting.

I’m all in for JMcG’s player judgement:

MacDonald

Tumilty/Lang/Berra/Young

Musonda

Matthews/Tait

Connolly/Poplatnik/Zanatta

Sounds like he has a “ground beef”, to murder an Americanism.

Well, back to the match. Looks like Queens gets the gift of a hodge-podge back line for this one, with only Tumilty and Berra from our preferred starters and Lang in for Bene, quite capably I might mention. We have a potential gapping hole at LB, with likely either a very young player at his natural position or a returning player, who hasn’t seen action in seven months, at a somewhat unnatural position for him. Add to that the missing Spencer in the middle, and it may get interesting.
I’m all in for JMcG’s player judgement:
MacDonald
Tumilty/Lang/Berra/Young
Musonda
Matthews/Tait
Connolly/Poplatnik/Zanatta

If you listen to JMcG pre match carefully (including importantly what he doesn’t say) it is fallacious to suggest anything other than it is going to be the same team that started the Ayr game…….but time will tell

3 hours ago, chimney said:

If you listen to JMcG pre match carefully (including importantly what he doesn’t say) it is fallacious to suggest anything other than it is going to be the same team that started the Ayr game…….but time will tell

Absolutely agree, except that Dick likely isnt starting...JMcG chose to sign Young, I trust his judgement that he might be useful...if frankie isn't fully in game shape or if frankie is to be a sweeper.

Absolutely agree, except that Dick likely isnt starting...JMcG chose to sign Young, I trust his judgement that he might be useful...if frankie isn't fully in game shape or if frankie is to be a sweeper.
Macdonald tumilty lang berra musonda Connolly tait Matthews Ross zannata poplatnik/varian. 352. Seems like the type of game mcglynn likes to throw a confusing line up at us for.

Best place for a pre match pint and a bit of atmosphere ?

Normally go to the Spread Eagle but considering a move to the Salutation for a change.

Buzzing for this. The playoff game in 2019 was when I really fell back in love with the Rovers. 2 down from the first leg 600 fans or so down, high % of our end well pished, we knew we weren't going up, but the atmosphere was quality.