Happy Halloween Everybody

I carved a Neep (f**k Yankee pumpkins)

IMG_20211031_232333324_BURST003.thumb.jpg.aafa8272e1620be232c31083419b19c0.jpg

I think some kids rang the bell but they were likely to have been "trick or treaters" :barf

Didn't answer as I was watching the telly. Just as well because if they had been trick or treaters they would have got a lecture on Scottish traditions, cultural appropriation, guising and earning yer sweeties ya lazy wee fuckers.

The Neep rather than pumpkin lantern should be warning enough...

Was supposed to go to some lit up garden walk at Glamis castle with friends and kids but cancelled due to weather.  Was kinda glad as weather crap, still Covid rough and the thing was probably overpriced anyway.

As a neighbour was bringing her kids guising I ended up dressing up.  There was about 8 of them.  Had a few others later.  One ran off down the garden path when I opened the door.  No idea why 🎃

IMG_20211031_220252.jpg

Edited by Sugar_Army

Having previously lived in a flat we never got any guisers but yesterday was our first Halloween in our new house. Door was getting chapped constantly - two tubs of Haribo emptied after we left the bairn in charge of answering the door and dishing out the sweets. He told most folk they could have more than one which is normally the greenlight to take however many you can fit in one hand. First set of kids turned up at our door in their usual clobber and a plastic bag. After that everyone was at least in some sort of costume and would tell a joke. Wife went a bit doolally with the decorations and had her sister and her kids round for a small Halloween party. The bairns enjoyed themselves which is the main thing. I mainly sat in the corner with several beers watching Beetlejuice.

7 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Partner had made up 60 bags of sweets for guisers and only 2 came to the door. Felt sorry for her as she had put quite a bit of effort in. 

A tad optimistic with the 60 bags would say but would suggest donating some of them to a food bank as wee treat for kids that may be hard up.

Definitely a Christmas film. Though in our house currently it's an all year round film. Eldest is daft for it. My attempt at Jack.

40f7649b9ab0f59e7c08acaa838db677.jpgfad7dc0f536a5f5dbf5311c97a031644.jpg

Albino pumpkin?

Edit: that’ll teach me for not reading the post before commenting!