Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m baffled by the support for Pybus tbh. He’s absolutely shite from what I’ve seen; doesn’t create chances or break up play, just runs around a bit.

Charity shop Gary Mason and that’s probably being too kind.

Pars fans love exaggerating how good somebody is after they take a bit of stick initially. Jamie McCunnie's exaggerated hype after he started playing better than the initial keech performances was over the top too.

I was say Pybus is better than I thought he was going to be, from what I read from QOS fans,  but nowhere near whats required to move the team forward. No creativity at all, no real quality to what he does. Just safe passing and scurrying around the pitch. Think Allan is a better player. Given time I think he will do well for us.

Pybus gets stuck in and does a lot of running. But he’s not a great footballer. He gives away needless fouls because his tackling/defending isn’t great. He gives the ball away a lot because his passing/decision making isn’t great. But we have fans that will always rave about him, simply because he runs around a lot. There really isn’t anything other than running around that he does well. Even then, it’s not like his running makes him one of those players that’s always in the right place. He often loses his man when defending and has no idea where he’s going when we have the ball.

He’s not a bad player to have, in the sense that he’ll chase everything down and put pressure on opponents. But he’s also just not that good. That energy probably made him look better than other midfield options with Grant’s mental tactics/instructions, but we need better than Pybus if we want to do well in this league. He’d do well next year though, if we get relegated and he stays with us.

Aye, when we signed him I assumed it was as a squad player and that we'd be signing another one or two centre mids. As it was it took until the season had already started until we brought in one more and that was Dorrans. Utterly baffling squad assembly. Gary Oliver will score. Even if he's in the stand he'll find a way.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The match preview on the official site mentions that we've only won three of the last seventeen games against Morton.

What a disgraceful and pathetic record!

Careful not to mention the term bogey team, you'll have a Morton fan on here to strongly rebute you. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Careful not to mention the term bogey team, you'll have a Morton fan on here to strongly rebute you. 

We are a bogey team to Dunfermline, in the same that Hamilton are a 'bogey team' for Morton. You didn't win these games because you have had a demonstrably worse football team for most of the past decade. 

As for Saturday, the Grant sacking marks it as a classic dead cat bounce game. Very relieved home fans + team = comfortable home win over whatever tombola effort McPherson puts onto the park. I'm not convinced that many of Dunfermline's problems this season will disappear with Grant's departure, but they should get the job done on Saturday.

Morton's board will not feel under any pressure to act unless the dire nature of our results is set out, so a stint at the bottom of the table would not be a bad thing. Better in November than plunging down there at the end of April with this gormless tit of a manager still in charge. 

Inexplicably clinging on to Grant so long has probably ensured that Dunfermline will remain in real danger of the bottom two for the rest of the season - barring the new manager taking them straight into title winning form - and therefore we could really do with this not being a game we lose rather than scraping away with another 0-0. Ideally of course we could actually win a game, but as MacPherson remains in charge that's not going to happen.

With Kilmarnock (where we'll be without McEntee and Oksanen) and Raith to follow this, we'll realistically be going 13 games without a win if we don't manage it here. We've long since missed the sensible sacking window and we just have to hope that when MacPherson's successor finally comes in, we're not completely adrift.

Dunfermline have gotten away with clinging onto Grant for so long because us and Queen of the South have been so bad: we might not have the same luck.

Will we have full-on military fetishisation for this one or will the increasing German influence temper the “are brave poppies/boys/footballer wages for auld gits” celebrations? East End can feel a bit Rangersy as we approach 11th Nov. 

Hope the temporary management can undo Grant having made us worse than the sum of our parts. 

Will we have full-on military fetishisation for this one or will the increasing German influence temper the “are brave poppies/boys/footballer wages for auld gits” celebrations? East End can feel a bit Rangersy as we approach 11th Nov. 

Hope the temporary management can undo Grant having made us worse than the sum of our parts. 

Judging by the amount of poppies appearing round the town centre at the moment I feel it may actually be compulsory for all fans to wear military uniform on Saturday.

I know someone who is involved in WW2 festivals I may see if he has any spare Wehrmacht uniforms in honour of our investors( on second thoughts maybe not!)
giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Hopefully not. Don't mind the poppy on the shirt and a respectful minutes silence but the stuff they have laid on in recent times is not really required at East End park. All bit proud Brit for me. As you say a bit Rangersy.

Dunfermline have played Morton 120 times. 35 (29%) of those have been since 2010. Out of those 35 games, there has been:

15 Ton wins

11 Pars wins

9 draws.

96 goals in those 35 games, an average of 2.7 goals per game.