Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

I don’t think this is much of a flex tbh.

It’s not and it wasn’t intended as such.

I’m just making the point that when a manager is sacked it’s not out of the question for an interim management team that was present during the previous managers tenure to make the team look better.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m just making the point that when a manager is sacked it’s not out of the question for an interim management team that was present during the previous managers tenure to make the team look better.

This literally happened with us under Jimmy Nicholl when Campbell was sacked back in 1999. Think we took charge of 4 or 5 games and won the lot. Rightly, there were lots of calls for him to get the job (13 year old me included) until we got some tanned fellow from the Netherlands.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Beat us and Hamilton and then appointed Duffy full-time. Think that’s a net loss for Ayr United personally.

Beat us and Hamilton and then appointed Duffy full-time. Think that’s a net loss for Ayr United personally.

We’ve improved under him and his position can be looked at in the summer so it’s not really. There wasn’t an obvious choice out there for us to go and get and as I said Duffy was doing fine with us.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The save from Wighton aside, he wasn't tested so much.

Didn't Hamilton have an absolute nightmare against us for Dundee a couple seasons back?

He had a nightmare on a weekly basis tbf.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve improved under him and his position can be looked at in the summer so it’s not really. There wasn’t an obvious choice out there for us to go and get and as I said Duffy was doing fine with us.

You’ve won one of your last 7 games is it? I get that standards are low after Hopkin but I didn’t think the bar was quite *that* low.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He had a nightmare on a weekly basis tbf.

Must have been the water up there, having a good season with Gus putting his arms around him and giving him morale support.

Just like most of the Ton support.

1 minute ago, Paisley Ton said:

Must have been the water up there, having a good season with Gus putting his arms around him and giving him morale support.

Just like most of the Ton support.

Seemed a decent guy but lower Championship seems to be his level. Much better than I thought he'd amount to tbf.

Hope he continues to do well for you.

You’ve won one of your last 7 games is it? I get that standards are low after Hopkin but I didn’t think the bar was quite *that* low.

The standards could not have been lower with Hopkin. I genuinely wouldn’t have fancied our chances of beating our own reserve team under him.

Under Duffy you can see where we’ve improved in that we’re actually lining up in games with more than just one attacking player and we’ve ditched the whole back 5 nonsense for the most part. It’s not a huge improvement but you can see the difference. We’re not on a great run because fundamentally we aren’t a very good team however with the change in management I can see where we are better. Dunfermline might be an utter dumpster fire of a team however they are quite similar to us in that they were being led by an absolute moron and they’ve now got shot of him. However unlike us you actually have a handful of players that you’d expect any coach to get a tune out of. I’m just a bit surprised the interim team couldn’t make you slightly better when playing against the only team that’s maybe as bad as yourselves.

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m just a bit surprised the interim team couldn’t make you slightly better when playing against the only team that’s maybe as bad as yourselves.

I thought we did look better first half. When it went 1-1 it looked like Pars would go on to win the game.

God knows what happened second half though. Mixture of mentally weak players and the interim management  being just as clueless as Grant.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The standards could not have been lower with Hopkin. I genuinely wouldn’t have fancied our chances of beating our own reserve team under him.

Under Duffy you can see where we’ve improved in that we’re actually lining up in games with more than just one attacking player and we’ve ditched the whole back 5 nonsense for the most part. It’s not a huge improvement but you can see the difference. We’re not on a great run because fundamentally we aren’t a very good team however with the change in management I can see where we are better. Dunfermline might be an utter dumpster fire of a team however they are quite similar to us in that they were being led by an absolute moron and they’ve now got shot of him. However unlike us you actually have a handful of players that you’d expect any coach to get a tune out of. I’m just a bit surprised the interim team couldn’t make you slightly better when playing against the only team that’s maybe as bad as yourselves.

I think we were looking ok in the first half - not great by any means but looked like we could cause problems when we played quickly and passed it from side to side.

Of course, they then decided to start shelling long balls to our short lone striker and any momentum quickly disappeared.

I know there's rightly a lot of frustration(certainly from me, I was glum as f**k watching the last half hour yesterday)  But there was glimpses of promise first half especially.  Not enough of course,  but there was benefits from removing grant,  there will be bigger benefits if we bring the right man in over the next few weeks and further benefits still once they get the chance to dump the dross and bring competent footballers in instead. 

I have no idea if that will be enough,  but we have a chance, even if requires a fair it of luck. 

That doesn't relieve the anger I feel that the board allowed this to happen.

Hamilton has been fantastic for us, no real weaknesses in his game so far. Can collect crosses, good kicker, great shot stopper. We were all impressed with McAdams last season but many(myself included)will argue that Hamilton is better. 

Credit to him because many doubted the signing, (hi Dunning) but he has been brilliant for us and one of the reasons why we have lost just 1 in 7.

(All set up for him to throw one in next week against Killie)

The save from Wighton aside, he wasn't tested so much.
Didn't Hamilton have an absolute nightmare against us for Dundee a couple seasons back?
Yeah, when we beat Dundee 1-0 in the League Cup. Flapped at a cross allowing Jackson Longridge a free header, made a few other blunders that went unpunished.

In an unrelated note maybe I should change my avatar but then again he did leave us in this mess...

I thought Dunfermline looked the likelier to win up until Mclean went off - that injury changed the game and we seemed to press higher up the park and start creating more chances.  clearly Leger coming on made a huge difference.  Gus please learn from that.

Madden missed a clear penalty first half (trip on Knowles who was running away from goal) and his yellow card for Connolly was presumably something to do with that double jeopardy thing (the rule about not punishing the foul with a red card as well as a penalty or something like that).

Gozie makes a huge difference although in the first half I thought he gave up too easily.  I think he is still getting match fit.

Glad to have won that and particularly glad that we got the third as I had money on a 3-1 win - someone I know who knows nothing about football made an off the cuff remark about "give me a call after you've seen your team win 3-1" and I took that as an omen.  At 28-1.  That's what I call a result.

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

yellow card for Connolly was presumably something to do with that double jeopardy thing (the rule about not punishing the foul with a red card as well as a penalty or something like that).

That's not an issue if it's a deliberate handball. Should still be a straight red for denying a goal. I can only presume it's because he didn't think the shot was going in.