Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

5 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:
I'll sing about a wee toon that stands upon the Clyde,
It is the toon whaur I was born, it fills my heart with pride.
My mither often telt me as she crooned me on her knee,
That Greenock took its name frae the Green Oak Tree.

Here's to the Green Oak that grew down at the square;
Here's to its roots that are still slumbering there;
Here's to my townsmen whaure're they may be;
I'm proud that I'm a branch o' the Green Oak Tree.

May Greenock like the Green Oak Tree still flourish 'neath the sun,
Her trade and commerce still increase for a thousands years to come.
And may each son o' Greenock as he battles thro' life's storm,
Be honest, true, and ne'er disgrace the toon whaur he was born.

Noo Greenock's no' a bonny toon I've heard some folk complain,
And ithers say when they go there, they nothing see but rain!
But let them say whate'er they may, wi' them I'll no agree,
For aye the name o' Greenock toon shall still be dear to me.

Cheers for that. Didn’t realise it was all about the toon. Thought it was just a daft made up song us football supporters come up with.

On 31/10/2021 at 09:09, Paisley Ton said:

We would all seem to be in general agreement about the need to refresh our management teams.

To make it interesting I propose that both managers, if they have any honour left, accept the challenge that who loses resigns.

Well Grant saw the light and jumped before being shafted by Gus's warriors seems the Dunfermline 11 had no fight in them as well.

While our expert has enjoyed getting it into Thomas I felt that was the one area first half where we where struggling as DT seemed to be giving McEnree a difficult afternoon and exposing his inexperience. After McLean poor clearance leading to the Dunfermline goal and injury we looked a better defensive unit with a real right back on and McEnree at CH were he had a few good intervening headers latein the second half when Dunfermline realised they need a goal.

While more than happy with the result I am concerned that Gus is so defensive if and when we get a lead. I sure all Dunfermline fans have realised how poor they are ar the back as should have Gus and went at this weakness. Or being more specific your man Connolly a blessing to all opposing teams.

It was great to be in the Noth East stand as you get to see the play better, a Covid bonus!!

3 hours ago, port-ton said:

Difference in us with gozie in is night and day.

Absolutely this.

Where we finish will depend mainly on how many games he starts.

Was lukewarm when he signed, but he’s already our most important player.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He took getting kicked in the head very well too. 

That’s my fuckin boy…

Don't think we played that badly in the first half and you could argue the opening goal went against the run of play. Getting back level before the break looked vital and when we got that equaliser I thought there was a decent chance we'd go on to get the three points.

The second half though - ay, ay, ay. Terrible in almost every aspect. Some very good defending from the 'Ton (one off the line and a goal saving challenge from the no. 5) contrasted with our complete lack or anything at the back. OFW back to his flappy self, Breen in for Gasputis seemed strange prior to kick off and he didn't cover himself in glory and Connelly had a nightmare. They can pass the ball back and forwards to each other but that is about it. I know Ryan Dow is a good player and one of the senior pros but there's no way he should be playing 90 minutes. Kennedy flatters to deceive and O'Hara for all his running gets no service. Wighton came on and had a touch like a wooden plank, Todarov came on and headed it to nobody in particular and I'm not sure what the point in bringing MacDonald on was. 

We need two new centre mids, ideally a new keeper and a goalscorer as well as a new manager who can organise team and make substitutions that turn the game in our favour. Otherwise we are down. Not much to ask for...

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
Ooh, ya salty, salty fucker…

Got that wrong!

Thing is, you had every right to think that… no one saw us going there and scoring three today.

Shows just how much trouble you’re in… and that’s one f**k of a lot of trouble.

Only upside is that even your clowncar BoD can’t be in any doubt that this isn’t a case of ‘get a new manager and our current squad will do’; it’s a full-on Jack Ross at St Mirren job, with huge player turnover in January… by which time, on current evidence, you’ll need a few snookers even on top of chucking more money at it.

Maybe we’ve done you a favour.

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Kennedy is so bang average it’s unreal. Had a few flashes with us but was generally ‘tidy’ only. That becomes passenger sooooo fast when a team isn’t dominating. Delighted he is not a Rovers player.
Generally a signal of a huge problem if other teams are delighted your players don’t play for them! 

I'd second this. Towards the end of last season, it felt like we were shoehorning him into the team and he offered very little. He seems to get plenty of plaudits for being a tremendous player while doing very little to back it up. The media hype him up something fierce and he'll get called up to Scotland under 21s despite his lack of any meaningful performances. 

52 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Literally not one Pars fan I know thought that but keep swinging and missing there bud.

On 02/11/2021 at 11:12, CallumPar said:

5-0 Pars. Dom Thomas with 2, Wighton and Kennedy with 1 each. We’ll set up like we did in February when we hammered Raith at East End - 4-2-3-1 with Wilson in midfield. Kennedy, Dow and Thomas in behind Wighton. Players will be asked/allowed to play to their strengths, rather than being asked to change their game completely.

Don’t see much swinging or missing from vT on this one, to be honest.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

How was Connolly not sent off? He can take himself squarely to f**k for that piece of stupidity. 

Anyway, pretty awful afternoon for us. Rank at the back and terrible going forward, like a mullet. We're still so slow and ineffective when attacking. Blunt and brutal.

That Thomas sub was crazy. Easily our best player and the only guy looking to make things happen.

Special mention to Kennedy, for being a weak wee shitehawk who is massively overrated and does very little. Perhaps if he learned how to make a pass after beating a couple of guys he could be a player. Until then, he is not.

What have you lot done to Kennedy? He was decent for us last season and I was disappointed he went to you rather than us this season.

59 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

What have you lot done to Kennedy? He was decent for us last season and I was disappointed he went to you rather than us this season.

Whilst he almost certainly isn't benefiting from playing in a team of loses (like the rest of the squad), he's done absolutely nothing in his time here save hit the post with a shot.

33 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He’s just too much of a luxury player that a team fighting relegation can do without. Where’s Davie Graham of 2009 or Wullie Gibson of 2010 when ye need them!?

Ooft, Davie Graham mark II was great. Almost forgot about him. Scored the second at Cappielow. Also grew an extraordinary mustache for Movember one year. What happened to him?

Edited by DA Baracus

We’ve not hired a replacement yet. Not sure why you’d expect a massive change from the same players under the same coaching staff.

We managed to pump you lot at Somerset with the same coaching staff after Hopkin fucked off.

Todorov and Wighton were joint second top scorers in the division last season. O’Hara was only one behind them. Thomas was very good at this level last season. But somehow, none of them have performed as well as they should. It’s not just Kennedy, it’s pretty much everyone that has regressed under the Grant regime - and the other 2 members of his coaching staff are now in charge of the team (hopefully not for too long).

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

We managed to pump you lot at Somerset with the same coaching staff after Hopkin fucked off.

We had Peter Grant playing 3 Centre backs that don't get a game for us, only scoring three is a bit embarrassing IMO. 

Anyway, I'm firmly donning the tin hat for this, but I thought that scoreline was pretty harsh, the least we deserved on the balance of play and chances was a draw, to come away in such an important game with a 3-1 defeat is a right sore one. 

The Hamilton save from Wighton, then the two blocks on the line were wild. The table now looks pretty bleak but I've still got a little bit of hope, the performance was certainly a good bit better than what was served up from Grant and on another day those chances go in and we're chuffed. 

With those subs Shields and Whittaker have ruled themselves out though, silly. 

Edited to add:Cba reading the whole thread but why is Kennedy getting such a kicking? At 19 he's far from the finished product but he'll pretty clearly go on to have a career in the game, reminds me a bit of McMullan in that he's got the ability to go past players for fun, just needs to learn when to release it, that'll come. Being under Peter Grant and then sparingly played won't have helped. 

Edited by Grant228