Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

On 30/10/2021 at 21:40, CallumPar said:

Sack Grant and we win. Simple as that.

Alternatively...

I'm very surprised at that today. Oliver doing his turn up against Dunfermline routine and somehow Connolly not getting sent off for making a save for the penalty. Also thought we should have had a pen in the first half. 

Dunfermline will be in a bit of bother now you feel without an inspired appointment.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Alternatively...

I'm very surprised at that today. Oliver doing his turn up against Dunfermline routine and somehow Connolly not getting sent off for making a save for the penalty. Also thought we should have had a pen in the first half. 

Dunfermline will be in a bit of bother now you feel without an inspired appointment.

Yeah you should have had a penalty in the first half, Breen messed up. If your man went down like he'd been shot it would have been given. 

Alternatively...

No idea why Madden didn’t send Connolly off. As blatant as red cards get, having given the penalty. Wasn’t sure about the first half incident, but definitely see them given quite often.

A few easy/obvious yellows missed for players pulling back Thomas/Kennedy, after they’d got past them. Ref was poor overall, but didn’t influence the result.

We’re in deep trouble and it’s definitely time for us to panic/worry. Morton weren’t good at all, but were more than worthy of their win. They had a plan and were well organised.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

How was Connolly not sent off? He can take himself squarely to f**k for that piece of stupidity. 

Anyway, pretty awful afternoon for us. Rank at the back and terrible going forward, like a mullet. We're still so slow and ineffective when attacking. Blunt and brutal.

That Thomas sub was crazy. Easily our best player and the only guy looking to make things happen.

Special mention to Kennedy, for being a weak wee shitehawk who is massively overrated and does very little. Perhaps if he learned how to make a pass after beating a couple of guys he could be a player. Until then, he is not.

He played about 3 good games for the rovers and missed the last 5/6 games including the play off games , Over hyped and soon as he’s clattered he’s not interested 

Btw we can’t have a good squad if we are sitting this far at the bottom already. No good squad finds themselves in this position. Midfield is absolutely shite as is the defence. Not only a manager is needed but a revolution of players too. What a fucking state.

Kennedy is so bang average it’s unreal. Had a few flashes with us but was generally ‘tidy’ only. That becomes passenger sooooo fast when a team isn’t dominating. Delighted he is not a Rovers player.
Generally a signal of a huge problem if other teams are delighted your players don’t play for them! 

49 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Alternatively...

If the ref gives a pen then he 100% should have sent Connolly off. I was amazed when he pulled out the yellow.

The trip in the first half was definitely a pen as well but striker milked it and decision went against him.

15 minutes ago, basher brash said:

He played about 3 good games for the rovers and missed the last 5/6 games including the play off games , Over hyped and soon as he’s clattered he’s not interested 

Sounds like him! He's so lightweight. Cannot stand up to any physical challenge at all.

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Btw we can’t have a good squad if we are sitting this far at the bottom already. No good squad finds themselves in this position. Midfield is absolutely shite as is the defence. Not only a manager is needed but a revolution of players too. What a fucking state.

I think folk were hoping for a scenario like when Jim McIntyre took over from Stephen Kenny. Under Kenny we had the infamous run of results where we lost 0-5 to Hamilton, 3-0 to Stirling and 0-4 to Livingston (it would actually take two more games for Kenny to be punted; 0-0 at East End against St Johnstone and a 0-1 loss at Dens).

After he was punted we then drew 2, won 4 in a row (including a win against Morton!), then drew again before our next defeat (0-1, St Johnstone). In fact, after Kenny was punted, we only lost 4 league games.

That year we genuinely did have a good squad though. This year we don't. I think the Dorrans signing really started the whole 'good squad' narrative. However, Dorrans has been poor for a while. He was poor at Dundee and hasn't done anything since.

10 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I had question marks about Kai Kennedy’s character when I heard he was struggling living ‘away’ in Inverness ffs.

Doesn’t seem like the kind of lad you want around in a relegation battle.

Agreed.

Just now, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Kennedy is so bang average it’s unreal. Had a few flashes with us but was generally ‘tidy’ only. That becomes passenger sooooo fast when a team isn’t dominating. Delighted he is not a Rovers player.
Generally a signal of a huge problem if other teams are delighted your players don’t play for them! 

Ha, totally agree.

We need to remember that if Kennedy had the end product all the time or indeed occasionally, he wouldn't be with us. 

I do agree he's not the player for a relegation battle, maybe even too light weight for this level of football all together. Strolling around Ibrox is probably better for him. 

Edited by Stoo61

Dunfermline have the players to get out of this and will providing they appoint someone with experience. 

They won’t do it with the playing out from the back pish they tried today. Martin Hardie commentating forgetting this is the championship and not the champions league. The calibre of player isn’t there for that style of play. It’s just naive. 
McPherson countered it easily today by not pressing or getting sucked in. 
The league is full of experienced managers like Duffy, Campbell, McCall who are not daft enough to fall for it.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Imagine looking at our squad and thinking Dom Thomas is even in the top 20 of things wrong with it.

He shoots too often and his final ball isn’t always the best but he is comfortably our best player. 

I'm sure that'll be some comfort to you and 'Dom', when you're slugging it out against 'Falkirk' in the seaside leagues next season. 

Other teams in the division don't have useless sand-dancers as their best player, which is probably why they've actually won some of their 13 league matches so far. 

Edited by vikingTON

We’re pretty shit.  In a massive hole and it’s going to be a hell of a job for the new manager keeping us up.

On the Connolly save,  I thought it was idiotic as OFW looked to have it covered, I think that is probably what madden thought as well when he gave him a yellow.

I’d have said O”Hara was our best player. Hard to pick up, plays the ball early and stretched the defence a wee bit - the polar opposite of Kennedy. A few good flashes (such as the goal) for Matty Todd but I’d genuinely find it hard to say anything good about the rest. Presumably they got hooked as it’s bad for team spirit to show the rest up. 

Keeper just watches crosses sail by. Connolly looks an unfit mess. Can only presume Peter Grant signed Todorov as he had him confused with someone else. If Ryan Down still offers anything it’s certainly not as some sort of left winger. He clearly doesn’t have the pace or physicality to do that just now/any more so why on Earth is he being asked to play there? 

Not sure what to make of Morton. They won’t come up against teams most weeks with a central defence that just runs into each other and/or falls over when a ball approaches the penalty spot. They at least had a resilience and shape and the new chunkier Gozie looks a handful. He took getting kicked in the head very well too. 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We’re pretty shit.  In a massive hole and it’s going to be a hell of a job for the new manager keeping us up.

On the Connolly save,  I thought it was idiotic as OFW looked to have it covered, I think that is probably what madden thought as well when he gave him a yellow.

It would probably be a bigger punishment to Morton if Connolly wasn’t on the pitch. Good chance of a goal any time a cross goes near him.