Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

24 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

For Morton both have been shite but, amazingly, Reilly is the only player in the current squad who has contributed less than Muirhead

It seemed Muirhead scored a couple of goals in quick succession at one point, just a purple patch? 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It seemed Muirhead scored a couple of goals in quick succession at one point, just a purple patch? 

Against seaside league non-entities like 'Clyde' and 'Airdrie', so more a case of level found. 

On 04/11/2021 at 17:44, Shandon Par said:

Sammy in a Panzer would add a bit of balance.

Would be a hell of a come back.

Hopefully the folks that have avoided Grants teams are back albeit I expect the complementary tickets to out of work managers to considerably swell the attendance.

9 minutes ago, Montyferret said:

Racking my brain from distant days of the 80’s. What was the song sung by Morton about a tree? Remember venturing into the supporters club and it was getting laldy.

Oh Greenocks naw a bonny toon

You'll here some folks complain,

For when you come to Greenock

Sure there's nothing else but rain.

But let them say, what e'er they may

I'm sure you'll all agree

That I'm proud to say I'm a branch of the Green Oak tree.

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

Would be a hell of a come back.

Hopefully the folks that have avoided Grants teams are back albeit I expect the complementary tickets to out of work managers to considerably swell the attendance.

I’ve been fortunate enough to be working most Saturdays but will get along tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll soon be dreaming of stripping wallpaper etc. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I’ve been fortunate enough to be working most Saturdays but will get along tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll soon be dreaming of stripping wallpaper etc. 

when you trudge out of EEP soaked and freezing following our 2-1 defeat, you’ll be longing for another Saturday shift.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Feel free to nip round and start mine if we are loosing at half time

54 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Oh Greenocks naw a bonny toon

You'll here some folks complain,

For when you come to Greenock

Sure there's nothing else but rain.

But let them say, what e'er they may

I'm sure you'll all agree

That I'm proud to say I'm a branch of the Green Oak tree.

Thanks for that. Is there more verses?  Now you mention green oak tree the words “green oak tree is a very fine tree”?

maybe getting confused as grey cells are fading.

is it still sung today?

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Feel free to nip round and start mine if we are loosing at half time

Doing up a place off Townhill Road so will bring keys just in case. 

Shields talking a good game in terms of simplifying stuff and giving the experienced guys more responsibility. 

The time difference to Singapore is now 8 hours, which makes the 11pm kick off a tiny bit less convenient.  PG managed to help me kick my addiction to Pars TV.  Still not sure whether I'll tune in tonight.

It would be good fo finally see a win/some decent football/a bit of effort from the Pars, but I'm not entirely convinced any of that'll happen.

Give me five good reasons to tune in.  

Feck it, give me one.

7 minutes ago, LuoAnLai said:

The time difference to Singapore is now 8 hours, which makes the 11pm kick off a tiny bit less convenient.  PG managed to help me kick my addiction to Pars TV.  Still not sure whether I'll tune in tonight.

It would be good fo finally see a win/some decent football/a bit of effort from the Pars, but I'm not entirely convinced any of that'll happen.

Give me five good reasons to tune in.  

Feck it, give me one.

Grant won't be there...