Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

5-0 Pars. Dom Thomas with 2, Wighton and Kennedy with 1 each. We’ll set up like we did in February when we hammered Raith at East End - 4-2-3-1 with Wilson in midfield. Kennedy, Dow and Thomas in behind Wighton. Players will be asked/allowed to play to their strengths, rather than being asked to change their game completely.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

This is going to be an odd experience for Dunfermline fans, being on the other side of the "no, you really don't understand how shite we are and we are not going to win this game no matter how much you think it would be typical of your club to lose to a team in this form" match thread.

Hopefully Ugwu's fit to start and Jacobs is back as well, meaning we could actually put out an XI with no McLean, Blues, Oliver or Reilly here. No doubt MacPherson will keep at least two of them in though.

They're probably all still going to start.

5-0 Pars. Dom Thomas with 2, Wighton and Kennedy with 1 each. We’ll set up like we did in February when we hammered Raith at East End - 4-2-3-1 with Wilson in midfield. Kennedy, Dow and Thomas in behind Wighton. Players will be asked/allowed to play to their strengths, rather than being asked to change their game completely.

Who’s in the middle of those 3? If it’s Dow I wouldn’t argue with that.

Also, who’s scoring the fifth?

Who’s in the middle of those 3? If it’s Dow I wouldn’t argue with that.

Also, who’s scoring the fifth?

Yeah, I’d play Dow in the middle of a 3 in behind a striker. Would help us by adding an extra man in the middle of the park (which we’ve been needing) and I’m not convinced Dow has the pace to be a winger anymore, but he’s still a very useful and clever player. I’m sure that’s where he was playing just before he got his injury last season - could be wrong though.

Forgot to add another scorer - was originally going to say Dom hat trick. So I’ll just say O’Hara will come off the bench and score. For what it’s worth, I do actually expect a tight game, but am dead serious about us playing that system. I think it gets rid of that temptation to punt it long all the time/skip the midfield and should help our creative players play to their potential. Can’t double up on all 3 of Dow, Thomas and Kennedy at the same time.

Really hope we can get a bounce now we have got rid of that idiot. Another poor result and we are in deep, deep shit. A win is an absolute must. Draw not a disaster before we get a new man in, but holy f*ck we are going to keep ourselves detached.

4-4-2 needs to be ditched. We’re getting completely overrun in the middle and we haven’t got the players to play Tony Pulis 2008-09 football.

I’d go for something like a 4-2-3-1 with Dow in an attacking midfield role or 4-5-1 and try control the midfield and utilise the wingers, dropping Dow in the latter case for Kennedy and have a midfield 3 of Pybus-Allan-Wilson.

Central midfield options are fucking horrendous. That is needing addressed in January. So is the goalkeeper situation. OFW had another shocker on Saturday. For as much as he pulls off cracking saves, he’ll gift one. Saturday proved that. 2 goals he threw away. Fucking horrendous.

I can’t really be too critical of OFW. He’s shown since he joined that he’s not good enough for a side that should be looking to get promoted. The addition of Mehmet also looks poor in hindsight and we now have two decidedly average options.

Would not be against us looking again in Jan, even if it was a loan deal. Get some of the dross out including Graham, Jones, Cole etc.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

So have we and he's played almost every game. 

He's absolutely fucking shit. 

Don't care what QoTS or St Mirren fans say, gubbins. 

A modern day Pat Clarke, getting by on the odd purple patch in his career. 

Genuinely forgot all about Cole. Fucking shite player.

Hopefully we can punt Graham back to Dundee United and keep Connolly for the rest of the season. The boy Cole is just a total waste of a wage. Good from dead ball’s and f*ck all else. Can’t do any tracking. Can’t tackle. Can’t help the defence if he is asked to play in the middle of the park. Useless.

I think Dorrans is fine in a CDM role but needs two decent midfielders in front of him. Wilson can pull the strings and should be an automatic starter, but we haven’t got anyone to compliment that by taking us up the park. Pybus, Allan, nor Cole can do that for us. Cole, as said is just a waste of a jersey, and Pybus and Allan both seem decent enough on the ball but aren’t willing to get in about it. Both have terrible first touches and couldn’t win a second ball for toffee.

Thanks to Grant’s fetish for signing centre halves whilst signing utter shite midfielders in Pybus and Cole, it is leaving the new man with a lot of rejigging to do before January. Hopefully Cole can join Graham in getting to f**k as far away from EEP as possible to allow us to sign some decent players. My biggest fear is we are really cut adrift before then giving us next to no chance of attracting anyone decent.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Hopefully we can punt Graham back to Dundee United and keep Connolly for the rest of the season. The boy Cole is just a total waste of a wage. Good from dead ball’s and f*ck all else. Can’t do any tracking. Can’t tackle. Can’t help the defence if he is asked to play in the middle of the park. Useless.

I think Dorrans is fine in a CDM role but needs two decent midfielders in front of him. Wilson can pull the strings and should be an automatic starter, but we haven’t got anyone to compliment that by taking us up the park. Pybus, Allan, nor Cole can do that for us. Cole, as said is just a waste of a jersey, and Pybus and Allan both seem decent enough on the ball but aren’t willing to get in about it. Both have terrible first touches and couldn’t win a second ball for toffee.

Thanks to Grant’s fetish for signing centre halves whilst signing utter shite midfielders in Pybus and Cole, it is leaving the new man with a lot of rejigging to do before January. Hopefully Cole can join Graham in getting to f**k as far away from EEP as possible to allow us to sign some decent players. My biggest fear is we are really cut adrift before then giving us next to no chance of attracting anyone decent.

So, what’s your thoughts on this boy Cole then?

😂

Cole's barely played, so unsure why he's noted as apparently being incredibly shite. Think he needs a chance to show if he shite or not. Jones likewise.

Graham and Mehmet have however had a chance and enthusiastically grabbed it. Unfortunately for them this was the chance to show that they actually are utter garbage.

Forgot all about us having reilly and its just made me think. Of those 2 former pars players in the morton squad (unless Muirhead has left)

Which one was more useless for pars ? Genuinely think its a tough call to make 🤣 

Reilly or Muirhead??? 

Being incredibly harsh on Pybus there.