Pars vs Morton - Sat 6th Nov

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

As much as we all love the rivalries associated with this sport it's gonna be genuinely touching watching two sets of fans join together in a double shame game. Solidarity.

It’s staggering that we have the chance to move off the bottom in our 13th game, with our first win of the season.

We would all seem to be in general agreement about the need to refresh our management teams.

To make it interesting I propose that both managers, if they have any honour left, accept the challenge that who loses resigns.

Well it's unlikely that the football is going to be anything special so a gladiator type match up might bring a bit of interest.

On the match front are away fans back behind the goal yet?

PS if a draw both resign.

Huge game for all the wrong reasons.

Just hope the management team is punted by the time of this game. Might bring a few absent fans back a lift the mood a bit.

Unfortunately I have no faith in our board to do the right thing. Firstly I don't think they will sack him next week. If they do they will probably put Shields in charge, when he's needing punted too. He been coaching a first team that's not won an away game since October 2020. Lastly if they did somehow find a back bone and emptied all the management team, I have absolutely zero faith they will get the next appointment right. The half arsed approach to finding managers has been a disgrace.

9 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

There should still be a pile at East End of the 80-odd CVs of the folk who actually applied for the job in the summer.

If oor Gus’s application is in there please take him. We won’t be hard to deal with (just like this coming Saturday).  😔

No idea how this will go.  0-0 a distinct possibility, but it could be anything between about 6-0 to either team.  We have Gozie back and presumably a week fitter, so at least there is someone to get on the end of Brian Mclean's overhit long clearances.  Our strikers have been, well, invisible, for weeks but Dunfermline don't seem to defend well if Saturday's game at Arbroath is any indication.  Maybe, just maybe, it might all come together for Morton for once.  It's the hope that kills you.

Has Gus resigned yet btw?

This will be my first pars game since the half time whistle blew at home to Partick. Now that grant has finally been punted, I'm quite looking forward to this no doubt horrible shitfest of a 0-0. But I hope the crowd turn up as a bit of proof that we really didn't want grant and we do support the players. Hoping for a comfortable win and ohara with few goals would be pleasing 

This is going to be an odd experience for Dunfermline fans, being on the other side of the "no, you really don't understand how shite we are and we are not going to win this game no matter how much you think it would be typical of your club to lose to a team in this form" match thread.

Hopefully Ugwu's fit to start and Jacobs is back as well, meaning we could actually put out an XI with no McLean, Blues, Oliver or Reilly here. No doubt MacPherson will keep at least two of them in though.