4 hours ago, glensmad said:

The only competition that goes to extra time is the South Region Challenge Cup.

Leftfield question; when West teams finally, 😚, join LL land will those teams no longer be eligible to play in West Cup?

45 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Leftfield question; when West teams finally, 😚, join LL land will those teams no longer be eligible to play in West Cup?

It's the West of Scotland Football LEAGUE Cup - so you'd have to be a member of the West of Scotland Football LEAGUE. Longwinded way of saying, yes.....they'd no longer be eligible.

8 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

It's the West of Scotland Football LEAGUE Cup - so you'd have to be a member of the West of Scotland Football LEAGUE. Longwinded way of saying, yes.....they'd no longer be eligible.

I did think that; seems a pity West Clubs not playing in a West Cup, but understand it is a 'League Cup'.

So if there was a West FA as in the East all members would be able to be compete in a West FA Cup.

Thats one for the future.

10 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Corrct, as they will no longer be members of the WoSFL. The LL have their own competitions.

44 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I did think that; seems a pity West Clubs not playing in a West Cup, but understand it is a 'League Cup'.

So if there was a West FA as in the East all members would be able to be compete in a West FA Cup.

Thats one for the future.

There is a West of Scotland Football Association, however it has been a dormant organisation for a number of years.

There have been recent discussions about that situation.

I do wonder if Cumbernauld Colts, Broomhill (or whatever they are this week), East Kilbride and Caley Braves would want to take part in a West of Scotland Cup..? Or would they be feart of losing to lower league teams.

Edited by Shannon

15 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I do wonder if Cumbernauld Colts, Broomhill (or whatever they are this week), East Kilbride and Caley Braves would want to take part in a West of Scotland Cup..? Or would they be feart of losing to lower league teams.

They already participate in the South Challenge Cup with or without being feart.

20 minutes ago, Shannon said:

East Kilbride played in the EoS Qualifying Cup when a member of the EoSFA. Caley Braves still play in the Southern Counties Challenge Cup & other SCFA competitions. Between the Scottish, South Challenge & Regional Cups they play lower league teams quite regularly. They'd probably argue that WoS teams are too feart to play league football against them more than anything.

It's more a case of the compromise required to make it work. The WoSFL does its best to priortise cup games on Saturdays. Cups are very much secondary to Lowland League teams. The SCC Semi final between Braves & Spartans is slotted into a Tuesday as an obvious example.

I was thinking more about future when teams are promoted from the west to the LL land e.g. Darvel, Beith, Lol, Bankies and so on.

But having a rethink; adding another cup to the season, the amount of bitching about fixtures already would go through the roof. 

So probs best to leave it as in. 😁😁😁

Just over a week until Clydebank v Auchinleck Talbot in the final of this cup at Irvine Meadow.

Friday 28th April at 7.30pm.

Advance tickets are on sale here: https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=2519 Over 400 already sold, get involved for what should be a cracking night's football.

49 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Just over a week until Clydebank v Auchinleck Talbot in the final of this cup at Irvine Meadow.

Friday 28th April at 7.30pm.

Advance tickets are on sale here: https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=2519 Over 400 already sold, get involved for what should be a cracking night's football.

Is there still the option to pay at the gate. 

12 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

I suppose that depends if you count 29/3 and 15/4 as recent 😀

It's actually mental that on the evening of 19/4 Talbot had played two more games since that defeat.

Edited by jimbaxters