Auchinleck Talbot 2-0 Clydebank. 

A fantastic night in Irvine for the West of Scotland Football League Cup Final. I'm told there wasn't much in it in the first half (I saw very little of it having been on the gate then inside counting money) and Clydebank's missed penalty may well have been the turning point.

A very strong second half from Talbot, going ahead very quickly after the break. Congratulations on yet another trophy.

20230428_202454.jpg

20230428_214341.jpg

20230428_214357.jpg

3 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Auchinleck Talbot 2-0 Clydebank. 

A fantastic night in Irvine for the West of Scotland Football League Cup Final. I'm told there wasn't much in it in the first half (I saw very little of it having been on the gate then inside counting money) and Clydebank's missed penalty may well have been the turning point.

A very strong second half from Talbot, going ahead very quickly after the break. Congratulations on yet another trophy.

20230428_202454.jpg

20230428_214341.jpg

20230428_214357.jpg

What was the attendance?

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

When it comes to Cup Finals Auchinleck are the experts-I felt Clydebank were getting them at a good time but that only goes so far!

Went exactly like the SCC final against Bonnyrigg last season. Talbot showed up and done the job, the other team had no answers

28 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Went exactly like the SCC final against Bonnyrigg last season. Talbot showed up and done the job, the other team had no answers

A few players have a lot of experience on the pitch for Talbot who have played in these games season after season. agree was very similar like the Bonnyrigg game 

Edited by Botlad67

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

A red card and a penalty conversion maybe changes it, but unfortunately the officials shat the red card part and we shat penalty bit.

Bankies didn’t create enough, and lost.

Edited by not man of the match

4 hours ago, not man of the match said:

A red card and a penalty conversion maybe changes it, but unfortunately the officials shat the red card part and we shat penalty bit.

Bankies didn’t create enough, and lost.

Never a red card and as for the penalty your player dived so shouldn’t have been given .
Same player tried to get young Taylor sent off by throwing himself to the ground when it was him that made the head motion . 
All in I would suggest the decisions went for you .

Suck it up along with your big time attitude manager 

I didn't think it was a penalty either but I'd need to see a replay.

That was decent from Talbot last night given the heavy schedule and coming into this on the back of two recent defeats to Clydebank. That will be the first Talbot winners medal for some of the players and hopefully not the last. 

The live stream was a good idea and I was more than happy to pay for it as the alternative was missing the game altogether. I wasn't able to make out a single word of the commentary though, which was a shame as they went to the bother of trying to provide it. It was a decent effort though and hopefully something we see regularly in the future.

1 hour ago, Firepit said:

Never a red card and as for the penalty your player dived so shouldn’t have been given .
Same player tried to get young Taylor sent off by throwing himself to the ground when it was him that made the head motion . 
All in I would suggest the decisions went for you .

Suck it up along with your big time attitude manager 

Big time attitude ... get a grip ffs ...  Talbot won the game against a team who were rotten on the night , fair do's and congrats.

your goals came from a free kick that never was and a cruel deflection but over the piece yous deserved the win , dont get carried away with yourself and remember the pumpings we've given you both home and away this season.

1 minute ago, mike strutter said:

Big time attitude ... get a grip ffs ...  Talbot won the game against a team who were rotten on the night , fair do's and congrats.

your goals came from a free kick that never was and a cruel deflection but over the piece yous deserved the win , dont get carried away with yourself and remember the pumpings we've given you both home and away this season.

Pumpings🤣

Yous thought it was a matter of turning up last night .

Nobody will remember the League games but everyone will  remember who won the cup.

7 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

It’s a fact mate . Both the decisions on the lead up to both goals were correct unlike the penalty award And as for pumpings where did that get you again ? Oh you won the we beat Talbot cup . Tinpot 

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

As sure as night follows day I knew Clydebank fans would be on greeting about perceived injustices. Its the Clydebank way.

They should be called Calimero FC

Squatters FC is better.

7 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

It was a stonewall penalty and it was a stonewall red card.

They should have let the Clydebank boys do the stream as they know what they are doing.

The better team won, no doubting that.

Blatant dive for penalty. Too far away to see for supposd red card.