3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

This final, will easier have larger attendance, than Junior Cup Final, would be even more, if held on the Saturday.

The capacity at Meadow Park is 2000 so I'd be disappointed if the Junior Cup final doesn't attract a bigger crowd

5 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

The capacity at Meadow Park is 2000 so I'd be disappointed if the Junior Cup final doesn't attract a bigger crowd

Don't you agree, Talbot v Clydebank if held on a weekend are probably capable of producing a larger attendance than any other fixture in WOSFL, maybe a Talbot against Cumnock, in a final being an exception.

17 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Happy to be proved wrong but I can't see it being more than 1,500 no matter where or when it's played. 

I think you might be surprised given the level of interest in tickets at the Rutherglen end that I have received already.

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I think you might be surprised given the level of interest in tickets at the Rutherglen end that I have received already.

Was meaning the WOS final. 

I think the Junior Cup will be a healthy turnout as well if the 2 semis are anything to go by. 

39 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Was meaning the WOS final. 

I think the Junior Cup will be a healthy turnout as well if the 2 semis are anything to go by. 

I would tend to agree, there was over 1000 at the Glencairn v East Craigie match and the interest in the final since we got to it is eclipsing the interest we received in the semi final.

On 23/04/2023 at 23:31, Duraglit shareholder said:

Don't you agree, Talbot v Clydebank if held on a weekend are probably capable of producing a larger attendance than any other fixture in WOSFL, maybe a Talbot against Cumnock, in a final being an exception.

In a final in Ayrshire then its a very good attendance for sure. What I'm saying is that the maximum it can be is 2000 due to capacity of Meadow Park. Not sure that in this instance a Saturday will bring huge numbers more ( due to limit on crowd ) - although there are no SPL games on Saturday. I think there may be upwards of 1200-1300 ? Quite a few tickets sold already on Fanbase I'm told. 

13 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

In a final in Ayrshire then its a very good attendance for sure. What I'm saying is that the maximum it can be is 2000 due to capacity of Meadow Park. Not sure that in this instance a Saturday will bring huge numbers more ( due to limit on crowd ) - although there are no SPL games on Saturday. I think there may be upwards of 1200-1300 ? Quite a few tickets sold already on Fanbase I'm told. 

Good post sir, I didn't realise meadow park had only 2000 capacity, and by no means do I think it will reach that figure, especially on a Friday night, but with no Junior Cup Final for Talbot this year, I expect a fair few will travel from Auchinleck. With the league gone, a chance of some silverware will draw the fans. Also think the organisers have missed a trick by not holding this final on the Saturday, as you say, no SPL games could pull the neutrals at what is a quite central venue for most. It's not past the realms of possibility for each club to take close to 8-900 fans, then the people just taking in a match on a Saturday afternoon. This cup final as with the Junior Cup, should never be a Friday night.

9 minutes ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Rumour has it that it was moved from the Saturday to the Friday to enable certain individuals to attend the SFA Semi final on the Saturday lunchtime.......

Lot of Falkirk and Inverness fans on the WOS committee are there 11th ??

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Good post sir, I didn't realise meadow park had only 2000 capacity, and by no means do I think it will reach that figure, especially on a Friday night, but with no Junior Cup Final for Talbot this year, I expect a fair few will travel from Auchinleck. With the league gone, a chance of some silverware will draw the fans. Also think the organisers have missed a trick by not holding this final on the Saturday, as you say, no SPL games could pull the neutrals at what is a quite central venue for most. It's not past the realms of possibility for each club to take close to 8-900 fans, then the people just taking in a match on a Saturday afternoon. This cup final as with the Junior Cup, should never be a Friday night.

They have a licence now so that'll be a Council determined limit I guess. Friday games under the lights have their own attraction. Should be a cracker 

Clydebank are the form team going into this final-very rare to feel that Auchinleck aren’t favourites in a game like this.But then again they are vastly experienced in dealing with the big games so should be very interesting on Friday.

13 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Clydebank are the form team going into this final-very rare to feel that Auchinleck aren’t favourites in a game like this.But then again they are vastly experienced in dealing with the big games so should be very interesting on Friday.

I'd say that it's pretty open tbh. Almost anything could happen

28 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I'd say that it's pretty open tbh. Almost anything could happen

Yes would agree-lots of factors at play but Clydebank are currently getting the results whereas Auchinleck for whatever reason aren’t so confidence must be high for Clydebank