I see Darren Henderson in the paper saying he is down to 10 signed fit players and by the time next week's cup game comes round he maybe have less if he gets anymore injuries and was told if he had 7 players then hurlford must play the tie !  I'm sure there are other teams in the same boat and that's why last week I questioned why this cup is now being played as an end of season cup it would be an embarrassment if teams had to play with less than 11 players or have to forfeit their tie doesn't look good on the sponsors when things like this could happen.

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

In my opinion the competition should have been held back a season until the WOSL had settled

In hindsight that would have been the better option with a 38 game league teams were always going to struggle but I still think it could have been fitted in earlier in the season .

Pollok deserved the win for the second half display. We missed Slattery when he went off and looked sluggish. Fair play to Pollok and my good pal Budgie. Some good work going on at the ground. 

Good season for us and we'll hopefully build on it next year

On 13/05/2022 at 18:34, wow-wee said:

I see Darren Henderson in the paper saying he is down to 10 signed fit players and by the time next week's cup game comes round he maybe have less if he gets anymore injuries and was told if he had 7 players then hurlford must play the tie !  I'm sure there are other teams in the same boat and that's why last week I questioned why this cup is now being played as an end of season cup it would be an embarrassment if teams had to play with less than 11 players or have to forfeit their tie doesn't look good on the sponsors when things like this could happen.

Hmmmm knew this was coming and they may be more.

18 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Hurlford 3 Arthurlie 1

Thorniewood Utd 3 Kilwinning Rangers 3

Kilwinning Rangers win on penalties 

Final score was Thorniewood 0 Kilwinning 0

NOT 3-3!

Edited by archieb

On 01/05/2022 at 17:46, FairWeatherFan said:

7/5 Outstanding Round of 16
Benburb v. Thorniewood United
Kello Rovers v. Clydebank
St Roch's v. Hurlford United

21/5 Quarter finals
St Roch's/Hurlford United v. Arthurlie
Pollok v. Kello Rovers/Clydebank
Benburb/Thorniewood United v. Kilwinning Rangers
Darvel v. Cambuslang Rangers

Darvel might be the only problem if they're in the LL Playoff.

Turns out it was the other way round.

Cambuslang told them to shove it and went to watch their big team at Hampden

lol

4 hours ago, Lurcer said:

Is this even a thing worth winning now? 

Kilwinning, Pollok and Hurlford will definitely want to win it. Despite Darvel and Cambuslang's nonsense, it's still a great competition, which will hopefully be even better next season.

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Kilwinning, Pollok and Hurlford will definitely want to win it. Despite Darvel and Cambuslang's nonsense, it's still a great competition, which will hopefully be even better next season.

The competition has been devalued with the withdrawal of Cambuslang and Darvel.