Last 16 draw

8 minutes ago, bc57 said:

I note our tie v Pollok has not yet been scheduled. Pollok got back to back fixtures until the end of April whilst our last game is scheduled for the 19th March!

Surely we won't be asked to wait that long to play?

I doubt it, though unless it is scheduled for 26th March then you'll be waiting until at least 9th April as Pollok are playing in the South Challenge Cup on the 2nd.

13 minutes ago, bc57 said:

I note our tie v Pollok has not yet been scheduled. Pollok got back to back fixtures until the end of April whilst our last game is scheduled for the 19th March!

Surely we won't be asked to wait that long to play?

Where is the game likely to be played? Heard you guys have had to move games away from Moor Park due to storm damage. A shame as it’s a great venue to watch football.

3 hours ago, South_Pride said:

Where is the game likely to be played? Heard you guys have had to move games away from Moor Park due to storm damage. A shame as it’s a great venue to watch football.

We are back there over the next two Saturdays to play our final league games. Plenty of room, just over cover unless sitting in a car. Cup tie should be held there too before the rebuilding starts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2022 at 19:39, Ginaro said:

Last 16 draw

I doubt it, though unless it is scheduled for 26th March then you'll be waiting until at least 9th April as Pollok are playing in the South Challenge Cup on the 2nd.

Glad to see our game v Pollok has been scheduled for 16/4 which only leaves us with a 3 week gap to fill between matches. Could have been much worse

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently the draws for the QFs and SFs have taken place.

In the QFs it's

Pollok v Kello/Clydebank

In the SF the winner of that QF will be away to St Roch's/Hurlford/Arthurlie

Don't have the rest of the draw yet, sorry.

Our game against Glenafton is in 2 weeks, so this cup could go on to the end of May. Only 1 league game left against Darvel, but they still have loads of games left to make up. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Final probably going to have to be first weekend in June or something? 

Fucking b*****d so it is, away on holiday then I’m away to Ireland for Scotland awaydays so I’m gonny miss the Candy winning this

23 hours ago, Stants1902 said:
On 18/04/2022 at 20:00, jimbaxters said:
Good graphic that.
ETA- although the names of the teams rather than the badges would be better.

The graphic was posted on the social media channels with the draw information in text format as well to help explain

Fair enough pal but the website is awash with club badges too. Honestly, supposing a club had Beyonce’s bare arse as their club badge I still wouldn’t remember who they are. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit disappointed that the new West of Scotland cup is being treated the same as the old junior West cup no set dates and being played like an end of season tournament most teams season are finished and are still waiting to play ties in the cup and the final is away into June a lot of players contracts are finished at the beginning of June as they were told the season would be finished by then so teams progressing in the tournament won't be able to field a team and will have to forfeit their tie due to having insufficient amount of signed players.

9 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

I'm a bit disappointed that the new West of Scotland cup is being treated the same as the old junior West cup no set dates and being played like an end of season tournament most teams season are finished and are still waiting to play ties in the cup and the final is away into June a lot of players contracts are finished at the beginning of June as they were told the season would be finished by then so teams progressing in the tournament won't be able to field a team and will have to forfeit their tie due to having insufficient amount of signed players.

It's only really happening this way due to the way this season has played out. Leagues being proritised for fear of another curtailed season. Hasn't been helped by the number of postponements.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's only really happening this way due to the way this season has played out. Leagues being proritised for fear of another curtailed season. Hasn't been helped by the number of postponements.

Sorry no buying that the West is the biggest cup after the South challenge cup and should be treated like it is worth playing in and not an end of season tournament the only date that was a must was may 14 to declare a champion for the play offs there's plenty mid week dates now available to move the competition on but it's getting dragged out to June .

It'll be different next season without the pressure of 38 Premier Division matches. It was absolutely imperative that the leagues were prioritised this year to get the WoSFL into linear leagues.

12 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It'll be different next season without the pressure of 38 Premier Division matches. It was absolutely imperative that the leagues were prioritised this year to get the WoSFL into linear leagues.

No excuse Peter the only team that gets prioritised is darvel because they are going for the league after the 14th the cup can get moved on as darvel will be free . I don t know the dates of the play offs if they win the league but the rest of the games should be played earlier plenty mid week dates 

No excuse Peter the only team that gets prioritised is darvel because they are going for the league after the 14th the cup can get moved on as darvel will be free . I don t know the dates of the play offs if they win the league but the rest of the games should be played earlier plenty mid week dates 
It's not an excuse, I don't need to give an excuse. It's a reason.