Potty Mouth

johnnydun

I swear constantly.

To the point where I sometimes think I swear too much.

I swear at home.

I swear at work.

I swear at the football (obvs).

I swear in public.

I even think I swear too much when writing posts on here.

Is it just I have a difficulty expressing myself with words or is it just because swearing is the norm? Or am I offending people constantly?

What are P&B's thoughts on swearing?

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I swear constantly.

I swear at home.

I swear at work.

I swear in public.

Is it just I have a difficulty expressing myself with words or is it just because swearing is the norm? Or am I offending people constantly?

You're a sweary c****.

Whilst i let the odd "F" out now n again, i hate to the power of "n" the "C" word in any connotation.

I accept other people use the "C" word as part of their normal day to day language, and it is very prevalent here on P & B, but i hate it with a passion.

(Incoming critique about being a soft, fragile ....)

1 minute ago, hearthammer said:

Whilst i let the odd "F" out now n again, i hate to the power of "n" the "C" word in any connotation.

I accept other people use the "C" word as part of their normal day to day language, and it is very prevalent here on P & B, but i hate it with a passion.

(Incoming critique about being a soft, fragile ....)

Why does this offend you, when in this country 'c**t' can be used positively such as 'He's a good c**t'.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Why does this offend you, when in this country 'c**t' can be used positively such as 'He's a good c**t'.

Yeah, it's pretty much interchangeable with "person" through a lot of Scotland and has lost a lot of its sting...always have to be careful when speaking to non-Scots though as it retains a bit of shock value to them.

Be interesting to find out what the world's sweariest country is though - I suspect we're up there in the rankings.

I thought I swore too much (I do) but there is a new guy at my work who swears every second word regardless of where he is, talking to a customer, one of the office lassies, in a shop doesn't matter this fucking guy fucking swears fucking every fucking second fucking word.

I swear far too often, far too often but not constantly. I am aware of situations when not too though, for example at work or around children etc. Swearing in my opinion is a normal part of life these days. I get that it will annoy/ offend some people though.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I swear constantly.

I swear at home.

I swear at work.

I swear in public.

It’s meant to be a sign of honesty. Telling it like it is etc. 

I swear constantly.

I swear at home.

I swear at work.

I swear in public.

^^^ John Lambie found

It's been a thing of hate for me for many years as, probably, i only ever heard it used in a negative, insulting way. As for the reference to a lady's hootenanny, it's even more detestable.  I accept that i'm more than likely in a minority given the constant use of the "c" word on here.

I swear a lot, I've trained myself to swear in Spanish and Dutch at work so that colleagues don't know just how much of a sweary c**t I am. 

When I was leaving the Netherlands back in 2011 I had a leaving interview with my boss (in Dutch) who was genuinely sad to see me go, he said that I had left my mark on the organisation. I asked in what way, he said "just listen".

The canteen was next door and you could hear them all chatting away in Dutch and saying fucking every second word, I only swore in English at work while speaking Dutch, they had all started to do the same.

Some fucking mark to leave.