Week 8

lichtie23

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's a disgraceful call in the Jets game

Just going back to this - it's a truly horrendous call that pretty much decided the game.

Jets played well and White looked good, but what a terrible way to lose the game if you're the Bengals.

5 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Did think the Jags and Lions had a chance to win today....

The Jags have been horrendous, fairly unlucky with two roughing calls but really poor otherwise. They had 12 men on the field for defense on consecutive plays. 

48 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I say it every week. The standard of officiating in the league just now is abysmal 

There's clearly an emphasis to protect players (especially QBs). I get that. However, if they are going to be so quick to throw flags on plays like the Bengals game earlier, or the 2 RTP calls on the Bucs earlier, they are naturally going to get some wrong. There needs to be a mechanism to review them.

That way, you still catch the same fouls as now, but don't change games with blown calls.

Edited by Todd_is_God

There's clearly an emphasis to protect players (especially QBs). I get that. However, if they are going to be so quick to throw flags on plays like the Bengals game earlier, or the 2 RTP calls on the Bucs earlier, they are naturally going to get some wrong. There needs to be a mechanism to review them.
That way, you still catch the same fouls as now, but don't change games with blown calls.
I do think it's becoming more like basketball. If you have the best player (QB in NFL), you win.

Not a team game anymore.