Motherwell vs Rangers - 31/10/21

32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Don’t  think Tony Watt has ever scored against any variance of Rangers? Have a feeling today that will change.

*Will delete when somebody makes a c**t out of me and points out he already has.

Tony Watt was diving about all over the gaff against Celtic Nap he gets booked for diving.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

You expecting Motherwell to get a penalty too, after all the recent Sevco get every decision going manufactured hysteria it's bound to happen. 

Ah the old manufactured hysteria line. Let's look at some stats shall we?

In the 16 full seasons Rangers/Sevco have spent in the top tier of Scottish football since the 00-01 season, they have been awarded more penalties than the league average in 15 of 16 seasons.

Some fun highlights:

02-03 - 12 pens awarded (league average 4.25). 2 Teams, Dundee Utd and Livi, were only awarded 1 penalty each that season.

08-09 - 9 pens awarded (league average 5.00). In a year of relative equity, Rangers were awarded the most pens in the league, 2 more than Dundee Utd and 3 more than Celtic.

10-11 - 11 pens awarded (league average 6.50).

11-12 - 9 pens awarded (league average 3.83). Awarded the most pens in the league, 4 more than Hearts and Killie, their nearest challengers on a measly 5. 3 teams, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline, were only awarded 1.

2013 to 2016 - **NO DATA**

18-19 - 13 pens awarded (league average 6.67). Awarded the most pens in the league, 3 more than Killie or Aberdeen, who had 10 each.

3 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

Ah the old manufactured hysteria line. Let's look at some stats shall we?

In the 16 full seasons Rangers/Sevco have spent in the top tier of Scottish football since the 00-01 season, they have been awarded more penalties than the league average in 15 of 16 seasons.

Some fun highlights:

02-03 - 12 pens awarded (league average 4.25). 2 Teams, Dundee Utd and Livi, were only awarded 1 penalty each that season.

08-09 - 9 pens awarded (league average 5.00). In a year of relative equity, Rangers were awarded the most pens in the league, 2 more than Dundee Utd and 3 more than Celtic.

10-11 - 11 pens awarded (league average 6.50).

11-12 - 9 pens awarded (league average 3.83). Awarded the most pens in the league, 4 more than Hearts and Killie, their nearest challengers on a measly 5. 3 teams, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline, were only awarded 1.

2013 to 2016 - **NO DATA**

18-19 - 13 pens awarded (league average 6.67). Awarded the most pens in the league, 3 more than Killie or Aberdeen, who had 10 each.

Scottish football is corrupt when it comes to the ugly sisters. It’s never going to change. You only need to look at both clubs record in UEFA on and off the park. How come UEFA delegates can hear sectarian songs but our footballing authorities and police hear nothing. 

Hope you win today.

13 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

That’s an absolute riot of a team. 
It’s almost as if Alexander is trying to lose. 

To be fair he has put in Roberts and OHara. Ok with that. Would have liked Carroll to get a game.
GA must rate Goss. He is probably a very decent footballer, but does not strike me as the player we need today. Someone to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in on a cold wet day. We shall see.

6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Scottish football is corrupt when it comes to the ugly sisters. It’s never going to change. You only need to look at both clubs record in UEFA on and off the park. How come UEFA delegates can hear sectarian songs but our footballing authorities and police hear nothing. 

Hope you win today.

But, but Bernard Higgins, Cectic fans must hate him for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

But, but Bernard Higgins, Cectic fans must hate him for some reason.

Bigots will continue to be bigots until the authorities take action.

Mass police arrests and points penalties would be a start. 😂 

The rest of Scottish football hates those two clubs immensely primarily because of their bigotry. Scotland’s shame.

I don't think he was going to make wholesale changes but he has dropped Grimshaw and Woolery who didn't play well on Wednesday and the other change is forced by injury. He could have swapped McGinley but I didn't think he played too badly on Wednesday ( I wasn't Tannadice) for Carroll and I wouldn't be playing Goss but, as I said, I didn't see him changing too much.