Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye, McCoist celebrated like a fan at the goal, but he remains neutral when describing the action.  During the Euros, Lee Dixon, Jermaine Jenas etc were clearly showing biased towards England.  For example every foul on an England player was a booking, and whenever an England player would foul someone it 'wasn't even a foul'.  There's a clear difference.

Sky bringing McCoist in as co-commentator has been an outstanding move. He's passionate, and loses it like a fan ("just look at what it means to McTominay, I don't even know who scored it, Was it McTominay? It is McTominay" 😂 ), but he's also informative and rational between times. I don't mind Davie Provan actually but McCoist is far, far better.

I also don't particularly get the hate Scots fans have for Ian Crocker to be honest. I quite like him. He's certainly better than McLean or McLeod for me. By miles.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I really enjoy McCoist's commentary as well. He's always fair with his analysis and is quite light-hearted.

Night and day from his time managing Rangers where his face was tripping him constantly and he always had excuses any time they lost.

Good to have him back.

11 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Whilst on the subject of commentary, have a listen to the wonderful Ian Dennis on Radio 5 Live from the other night.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00128vw 42.30 onwards. The roar in the background is spinetingling.

I haven't commented on the game, because I can't frankly. It's the best performance I've ever seen from Scotland to a man and, after a tough couple of weeks personally, I'll admit to having a wee blub when Che scored the second. Total fucking euphoria.

Absolutely. Spinetingling a perfect description. 

Brilliant stuff.

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

People don't like Crocker because he's a phoney b*****d who sounds like he's reading off a script. And you can tell when the script reads "Ohhhh no Scotland! 😭". 

Aye, he's clearly got notes ready for different scenarios.  He's an OF boaby-sucking gimp.

People don't like Crocker because he's a phoney b*****d who sounds like he's reading off a script. And you can tell when the script reads "Ohhhh no Scotland! [emoji24]". 
He uses "that will do (nicely) for starters" whenever there's an early goal. I can remember getting annoyed at a bunch of his other standard phrases but can't remember what they actually are.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
16 minutes ago, GiGi said:
People don't like Crocker because he's a phoney b*****d who sounds like he's reading off a script. And you can tell when the script reads "Ohhhh no Scotland! emoji24.png". 

He uses "that will do (nicely) for starters" whenever there's an early goal. I can remember getting annoyed at a bunch of his other standard phrases but can't remember what they actually are.

He uses “it wouldn’t be Scotland if it wasn’t done the hard way” in almost every game, or at least he certainly used to.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sky bringing McCoist in as co-commentator has been an outstanding move. He's passionate, and loses it like a fan ("just look at what it means to McTominay, I don't even know who scored it, Was it McTominay? It is McTominay" 😂 ), but he's also informative and rational between times. I don't mind Davie Provan actually but McCoist is far, far better.

I also don't particularly get the hate Scots fans have for Ian Crocker to be honest. I quite like him. He's certainly better than McLean or McLeod for me. By miles.

I also like Ian Crocker and the transformation of McCoist from extremely dislikeable Rangers manager to loveable co-commentator has been brilliant.

I watched the Israel game in a rammed pub so I didn't need to listen to too much of his shite but when I listened to Crocker on the highlights his monologue after McGinn's goal had me near cringing up my own hoop.

Took about 30 seconds to chant out one stupid birthday caird pish line that sounded like it was read off an Autocue with buffering issues. 

9 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I watched the Israel game in a rammed pub so I didn't need to listen to too much of his shite but when I listened to Crocker on the highlights his monologue after McGinn's goal had me near cringing up my own hoop.

Took about 30 seconds to chant out one stupid birthday caird pish line that sounded like it was read off an Autocue with buffering issues. 

Was that the one where HE....FUCKING........SOUNDED.........LIKE.....................THIS?

don't know if this has been posted, what a bell end

I've yet to see the guy talk sense on any subject he's ever involved in on The Jeremy Vine show. He tends to speak loudly and very quickly and thinks that means he's talking sense.

He's a complete balloon.