Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Was listening to the Danish correspondent on Sportsound a couple of days ago. He said that they respected our ‘togetherness’, but we don’t play a ‘sexy’ brand of football. Bet he feels really stupid now.

Last night was sexy as f**k

18 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez lads.

A brilliant performance and result, the best I've seen in many years.

However, for suggesting someone wasn't great who eventually came good, you get called a c**t, a retard and a p***k. I'm guessing there's been more.

You can always rely on the TA boards.

'Night.

Someone is jealous of all the attention Steve Clarke is getting.

Edited by Sortmeout

Aw man, that was utterly delightful.

The hangover in work right now is 100% worth it and so was spending my lunch reading 53 wonderful pages.

I honestly just love this team, the euros apart we just constantly seem to exceed expectations, such a truly loveable group of players, every Scottish footballer (Ryan Fraser apart) must just want to be part of that group of absolute ballers.

Praying for North Macedonia or Finland and for Italy and Portugals play off final route to draw them against eachother but even to be in this position is some going and the person who rightly gets most of the credit is Steve Clarke, what a man he is, to go from the shambles we were under Alex McLeish with him picking the likes of Scott Bain, Graeme Shinnie, David Bates, Marc McNulty etc to genuinely being a force to be reckoned with over just 3 years is way above our wildest expectations of him.

Tonight every man was superb, Gordon made a couple of saves but what I felt was most important was the number of cross and high balls that he just plucked from the air and killed all the pressure.

O’Donnell was his usual self, lots of running and hard work, a man I have so much respect for and have never once doubted, man is a total hero.

John Souttar I had worries about him starting but he totally shut me up, fair play.

Liam Cooper won absolutely everything in the air, a total brick wall, first time we’ve really seen why he plays at such a high level consistently but by god it was totally clear, a rock.

Kieran Tierney, just every time he gets the ball you know he’s gonna do something good, I posted a joke BBC starting line up earlier in the thread with him as a number 10 but if he was asked to no doubt he could bloody play there.

Andy Robertson has gone from a target for abuse because his international form isn’t as good as his club form to one of the most loved men in the country.

Calum McGregor, what the f**k? I honestly hated him about 12 months ago,  prior to that Serbia game I don’t think he’d had a good game for us once, since then he’s hardly had a bad one, faultless and thought he was our best player in the first half.

Speaking of our best player, I know he went off early but man of the match for me was between Gilmour and McGinn, both of them, absolutely trojans, all that running, clever touches, the passes they had for the move where Christie played Robertson/Adams in, if that had gone in I don’t think I’d have ever seen a better goal in my life.

Ryan Christie is one I’ve not seen many comments about but I thought again he was brilliant, he used the ball so well, often found in the second half he was an outball and the way he used possession was not only useful in keeping the ball but very positive and it allowed for plenty counter attacks, gets a bad wrap if you ask me but another great performer tonight.

And Adams, we’ll I don’t think I have anything more to add than what’s already been said, so often he won 50/50’s that weren’t even 50/50’s, can I call them 80/20’s? Where he had no right to be winning things, picking it up and bringing us up the park, I was already celebrating when Armstrong played the pass through to him, you had total confidence he would stick it away and he did it so well.

Just imagine how good we would be if we called up all the English Championship and MLS players with Scottish great uncles.

How far can this team go? Well I don’t want to get carried away but who’s going to stop us winning the World Cup?

Edited by Les Cabbage

It was almost like a typical visit to Hampden for me last night.
Head to the ground with a wee bit of optimism and hope the team get a bit of luck against supposed superior opponents.
Then leave after the game and see loads of folk with red scarfs and flags all looking a bit disappointed. [emoji6]

I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldn't be too upset if we got Italy in the final (should we get there). Okay, they haven't lost in qualifying but they've drawn with Switzerland, Bulgaria and Northern Ireland, which is not a very strong group for the Euro champions. SSC to take them to penalties and we'll bring Alan Hutton on for the decisive penalty. Time for revenge for 2008, you c***s. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldn't be too upset if we got Italy in the final (should we get there). Okay, they haven't lost in qualifying but they've drawn with Switzerland, Bulgaria and Northern Ireland, which is not a very strong group for the Euro champions. SSC to take them to penalties and we'll bring Alan Hutton on for the decisive penalty. Time for revenge for 2008, you c***s. 

Italy would destroy us in the channels. Chiesa is so direct when he gets the ball and I don't like our CBs when they're facing someone running at them. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Italy would destroy us in the channels. Chiesa is so direct when he gets the ball and I don't like our CBs when they're facing someone running at them. 

Empoli are playing Juventus at the end of February.

Step forward agent Henderson to dish out a few leg breakers. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Meh. We're a better side than Northern Ireland and they could contain them. I just don't think they should be feared as much as some think, they've only scored 13 goals in that shitey wee group. Get fucked intae thum. 

One of the most accomplished performances from a Scotland side ever, certainly in my memory. Wow.

Thought Denmark were poor, clearly missing a few (as were we), but they were probably made to look poor by how good we were.

That performance will live long in our memories.

Now to push on and qualify. 

Can only imagine how good that would feel.

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

If we win our semi final, are the finals just an all in, unseeded draw for the 3 games?

No there's a bracket like in tennis. So we will know our 2 potential opponents for the final when they make the draw for the semis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

Edited by TheScarf

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Meh. We're a better side than Northern Ireland and they could contain them. I just don't think they should be feared as much as some think, they've only scored 13 goals in that shitey wee group. Get fucked intae thum. 

I mean, are they not one of those sides who always half arse qualifiers but take it up a level when it's needed?

Just now I think we could scare them but it's not a fixture I'd be holding much hope for.