Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ach, if you say so.  It'll give me a quieter life.

Obviously, it's the done thing to say you're not bothered by anything on here, but being on the receiving end in this particular witch hunt hasn't been much fun.

Tbh I don’t get the witch hunt against you on this one just for criticising a player early on In a game then admitting you got it mainly wrong.

Strange for people to be so aggressive after such an emphatic win.

What a performance from start to finish, every single player was above 8/10, that MF trio of McGregor/Gilmour/McGinn is bloody tremendous! Adams is now looking like an incredible piece of business by Clarke, what a performance up top on his own against a strong back line!

Every single one of us knew there was a team there that just needed to click, it’s finally happening, not only that the depth in squad is starting to become really good, these are great times, finally! 

Edited by M0rtonfc

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Tbh I don’t get the witch hunt against you on this one just for criticising a player early on In a game then admitting you got it mainly wrong.

Strange for people to be so aggressive after such an emphatic win.

Well thanks for that It won't be a popular sentiment on here.

Triumph can be ugly I suppose (see George Square in May).

It's the strangest experience though.  You're jumping around the house, hugging family when that second goal goes in.  A couple of posters have a dig about you having criticised the scorer much earlier.  You respond by saying it was a great goal, but you thought there were flaws in aspects of his performance, and the place goes mad. 

People are calling you the worst names we've got and being showered in green dots for it.  You amass dozens of the red ones yourself and not just from Marshmallo.  It's probably a study in group psychology.  When vicious aggression is widespread enough to acquire legitimacy, it becomes terribly attractive.  

It's a strange direction to have a great night take.  

But a great night it was.  A brilliant team performance, with the midfield exceptional.  Our capacity these days for tight, neat passing which leads to openings is quite something and takes a bit of getting used to from a Scotland team.

Roll on March, when I'll be sure to criticise nobody, especially if we win.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ach, if you say so.  It'll give me a quieter life.

Obviously, it's the done thing to say you're not bothered by anything on here, but being on the receiving end in this particular witch hunt hasn't been much fun.

You tried the same nonsense with Che Adams on Friday night too. He is outstanding, and had two very good games - deal with it. 

43 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Is sneaking in some cans a regular thing at Hampden? Saw one guy with a can on Tennants in the crowd and another guy looked like he had a can of Brew Dog (rugby fan IMO).

A foreign steward took a can off someone sitting in front of us, then about 2 mins later we turned round and he was holding 4 half buckys :lol:  that were all practically full that he must've confiscated elsewhere. He was standing for a good few mins with all this booze in his hands unsure what to do with it. Boys could easily have been thrown out but the steward was brand new to be fair and even shook everyone near hims hand on their way out as a sort of congrats on the result. 

Edited by C. Muir

Thought Gilmour was immense for the first hour - ran himself into the ground, I don't think anyone would have been capable of doing that for 90 minutes.  I am not surprised his club manager has been sacked if he can't see what he brings to a team.  Liam Cooper was absolutely solid at the back, can see why he is rated so highly by his club.  Adams hold up play was amazing - against some very astute defenders.  I also think Christie did some great running and played some neat passes to get the team out of trouble on several occasions.  I don't watch the English Premiership, but if John McGinn plays like that for Aston Villa every week, then it won't be a surprise if he finds himself at a much bigger club soon.  Would be great to have a Scottish player at one of the Italian or Spanish giants - that hasn't happened for many years.  I remember no-one batting an eyelid when Archibald got his move to Barca!!

10 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Why was Schmeichel getting booed all night?

I wondered this too. Whatever it was it happened down at the other end of the ground from me.

I would have thought Schmeichel would have got a bit of a free pass after bamming up the English journos during the Euros?

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I wondered this too. Whatever it was it happened down at the other end of the ground from me.

I would have thought Schmeichel would have got a bit of a free pass after bamming up the English journos during the Euros?

He was giving the linesman abuse for not "protecting" him at a couple of set pieces early doors and gave him a glasses sign which lead to a booking. Then made a couple of mistakes with clearances that I think led to the fans wanting to get on his back.