Scotland v Denmark

Scary Bear

1 minute ago, AberdeenBud said:

They were rattled AF in that first half, what sight to see, genuinely great teams getting the fear at Hampden.

There was a beautiful point in the first half where we pressured them into so many mistakes they ended up just sclaffing it out for a corner like a bunch of League Two jobbers. Absolutely delicious.

30 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Thing I'm loving about this side is the confidence not just to keep possession by passing the ball, but to hold on to it individually.
McGregor, Gilmour, McGinn, Robertson and Tierney and Adams to an extent look comfortable turning, driving, shielding and waiting for the right pass as opposed to just any pass. When the guys do this, you can see the opposition's confidence draining, and their players standing off. Denmark took a bloody nose tonight, and there was no luck involved.

And this team grew another couple of inches.

No one wants Scotland in the play offs

Just now, MarkoDevilovich said:

And this team grew another couple of inches.

No one wants Scotland in the play offs

I grew a couple of inches at that game tonight.

Thankfully its away now so I can sleep on my front. 

I honestly am still in shock at how bloody good we were. The atmosphere was tremendous and I don’t ever remember us playing better or a game I have enjoyed as much. Outstanding.

Edited by Jambomo

17 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Just back from Hampden and that was some experience and some atmosphere. I am wondering what Steve Clarke has done with the real Scotland National Football team though. Is he feeding them slops in a basement in darkest Ayrshire?

SSC has managed to get Scotland playing like a good club side - with a bit of mutual understanding, some verve and a wee bit of confidence in each other.

He's becoming the manager we all wanted him to be - and knew he could be.

A few posters - who called for his sacking - are looking a bit silly now.

I've been going for about 15 years bar the Burley campaign and some of Strachans spell and that was the most complete performance I think I've seen. Absolutely buzzing off that. Every single player was sensational.

Edited by C. Muir

f**k me. I love this team. Hampden absolutely brilliant again, can't remember too many Scotland games with as good an atmosphere.
John Souttar was a colossus tonight, are we going to end up with competition for CB places?
Ché Adams put in some shift and really deserved his goal. 
McGinn great as per, and I am in total love with Billy Gilmour, complete and utter baller.

Would echo what others have said, that was the best performance I've ever seen from a Scotland side. I'm 33 and been going since 1996 regularly and can't think of a more complete, perfect, game.

The Caldwell France game was obviously great, but I don't think we played as well as we did tonight (albeit that France team were superb). It was the confidence though, neat passes in spaces, not afraid to take the ball when opponents are close, looking for a pass rather than a hopeful punt. We have easily the best footballers in my lifetime as a complete package, and I think we've finally got a system that suits our players and helps us both to play but stay solid.

Not a failure for me in that team tonight. Handsome Craig was great, the command of his box, especially that cross right at the end was great and it's something he's been criticised for before. Great save as well, know the flag went up but it was tight.

Souttar was excellent, I have to hold my hands up as I've lived in Edinburgh for 15 years and been to a few Hearts games with mates and he's always been poor when I've seen him live, but he was composed, won a lot of the ball and a lovely finish for the goal. Cooper was very solid, easily his best performance for Scotland and a fantastic assist. Tierney was solid defensively too and I think it's testament to how well we attacked that he was quieter than usual, I think the early days of the 3 at the back relied on him as an attacking outlet too much. Robertson was good, got forward so much and was all out commitment. O'Donnell I think grew into the game after a nervous start but had a good 2nd half.

Gilmour and McGregor really are excellent at retaining the ball, Gilmour's movement to find space is excellent and he's getting better every game for me, there was one moment when he rolled an opponent in the 2nd half and held his ground superbly. McGregor is really shining with him beside him, the confidence they have to take the ball and find a team mate with a quick pass I think gives confidence to the whole team. Super John McGinn was super again, his stamina is incredible, continuously driving forward even late in the 2nd half, he must be nominated for rear of the year. I thought that was Christie's best game since Serbia away, maybe topped it. He was off it last season but seems to have a renewed vigour at Bournemouth and great to see him put in a performance, worked hard defensively too.

Special mention to Che Adams, the amount of times he took long balls in and held of Kjaer was incredible, the ball gets controlled and just sticks, time and time again he got us up the park, he must be a nightmare to play against. Such a well taken goal and unlucky not to get another.

Just had a beer once I got home to sit and read through these threads, what a night folks!

Managed to avoid the score and watched the highlights - excellent result and performance. Shame that Adams couldn't slip that through ball as that would have been one of the all time best international goals (and certainly Scotlands best).

I said before we could beat this Denmark team, they are good but not brilliant. Their team spirit is better than their players (something we can certainly replicate).

Great chance of a playoff semi final at home and just hoping we can avoid Italy or Portugal if we do get to the final.

So many 'fans' had written us off in WCQ after slaughtering our Euros performance, not a good night for the self hating Scotland fans. Great night for the rest of us!

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Why not just admit you made a c**t of it?

Ach, if you say so.  It'll give me a quieter life.

Obviously, it's the done thing to say you're not bothered by anything on here, but being on the receiving end in this particular witch hunt hasn't been much fun.